Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump 'angry baby' blimp will fly over London

Still Waters

10 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

The moment you put someone above criticism and ridicule is the moment that person deserves it the most.

I agree and he's probably the most criticized person in the world that's not the point the lord mayor of London our capital city is implicit in this attempt at ridiculing the president of America, he sanctioned this at the request of just a 1000 people, he should be welcoming Trump to the city and have requested to talk to him if had any concerns, this is all about the mayors religion and the sooner he's gone the better.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

I agree and he's probably the most criticized person in the world that's not the point the lord mayor of London our capital city is implicit in this attempt at ridiculing the president of America, he sanctioned this at the request of just a 1000 people, he should be welcoming Trump to the city and have requested to talk to him if had any concerns, this is all about the mayors religion and the sooner he's gone the better.

Maybe he can do both? 

Welcome el Trumpo and say “you know what folks? You’re not harming anyone off you go!”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

He's not 'implicit in ridiculing Trump'. His only 'crime' is allowing these people to exercise their democratic right to protest. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

A plastic inflatable, 6 metres high, and altitude of no more than 30 m? It's the kind of thing you might win at your local carnival. 

I love the Brits humour....DON'T ever lose it....after all, most of us Aussies came from the Brits that you didn't want and punished them by sending them here.

I'm English, Welsh with some Spanish thrown into the mix. But I'm still very proud to be an Aussie :tu:

:lol:....

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bee said:

He's not that huge... in fact for someone in his 70s he is in remarkably good nick....  he seems to be getting younger not older...

Must be thriving on the winning and the challenges :D - he probably won't be bothered at all about the Blimp Thingy - 

No, I'm sure he'll probably tweet about it. He can be pretty thin skinned at times :lol:...

• Like 2

There's a petition to get rid of Sadiq Khan 25,000 votes so far.

Sadiq Khan is not standing for the people of Britain in his role as Mayor of London. Therefore he should be removed from the privilege of that office.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Setton said:

He's not 'implicit in ridiculing Trump'. His only 'crime' is allowing these people to exercise their democratic right to protest. 

Trump, yes. Tommy Robinson? Shut it down. Democratic indeed

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Trump, yes. Tommy Robinson? Shut it down. Democratic indeed

Not going to help you derail this thread so very simply:

Prejudicing a trial is not a legal form of protest. 

That's all. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

There's a petition to get rid of Sadiq Khan 25,000 votes so far.

Sadiq Khan is not standing for the people of Britain in his role as Mayor of London. Therefore he should be removed from the privilege of that office.

And yet, again, democracy. The people of his city voted for him. He isn't and shouldn't be answerable to anyone else in the country any more than we could vote to remove Trump from office. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Astra. said:

I love the Brits humour....DON'T ever lose it....after all, most of us Aussies came from the Brits that you didn't want and punished them by sending them here.

I'm English, Welsh with some Spanish thrown into the mix. But I'm still very proud to be an Aussie :tu:

:lol:....

Never really understood that one.

"I've an idea: let's take all our criminals and send them off to a paradise land while we stay in the wet, miserable island of Britain".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Never really understood that one.

"I've an idea: let's take all our criminals and send them off to a paradise land while we stay in the wet, miserable island of Britain".

Well all I can say to that....is that you poms made a big mistake. We are now Gods paradise cos' of the off springs :tu:...

Just to add..I thought that you were a Scott ?

Edited by Astra.

6 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Well all I can say to that....is that you poms made a big mistake. We are now Gods paradise cos' of the off springs :tu:...

I ain't no pom! 

Yeah, Scottish, but England effectively conquered us at the beginning of the 18th century. So also British.

• Like 1

Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

I ain't no pom! 

Yeah, Scottish, but England effectively conquered us at the beginning of the 18th century. So also British.

Oh gosh, I need to refresh myself on the English take over in history, 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Now dont take this the wrong way Astra - but living in a country where everything living is either poisonous or wants to eat you is not my idea of Paradise:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Setton said:

And yet, again, democracy. The people of his city voted for him. He isn't and shouldn't be answerable to anyone else in the country any more than we could vote to remove Trump from office. 

What he subjects the capital to has everything to do with the rest of us, yes it may be a foreign city but it's still the seat of our government, if what you clame is true he should keep his nose out of the affairs of state and keep his mouth shut on who does or dosen't visit 'our' country.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I ain't no pom! 

You're British because Scotland sought a union with England, it's me that's only British because of Scotland :) you still might be a POM 'Prisoner Of Millbank' i'm not sure how many Jocks got transportation to the colonies.

Here's Kate Rusby getting the Scots singing Botany Bay.

4 minutes ago, keithisco said:

Now dont take this the wrong way Astra - but living in a country where everything living is either poisonous or wants to eat you is not my idea of Paradise:whistle:

Yes, but that's mainly in the top end of Australia where those big naughty creatures are. The Southern end is the safe zone...except for the Eastern brown snake, the Funnel web and Redback spider.

Other than that...it's all pretty good....never been bitten once so far  ;)..

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

What he subjects the capital to has everything to do with the rest of us, yes it may be a foreign city but it's still the seat of our government, if what you clame is true he should keep his nose out of the affairs of state and keep his mouth shut on who does or dosen't visit 'our' country.

He is perfectly entitled to his views and as entitled to comment on Trump as Trump is on London. 

And the people of London have as much right to protest as the rest of us. 

Like him or not, all he's doing is upholding the democratic rights of his city's people. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Yes, but that's mainly in the top end of Australia where those big naughty creatures are. The Southern end is the safe zone...except for the Eastern brown snake, the Funnel web and Redback spider.

Other than that...it's all pretty good....never been bitten once so far  ;)..

I will take your word for it Astra...but when I heard about those Crocs that actually swim in the sea that did it for me:rofl:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Setton said:

He is perfectly entitled to his views and as entitled to comment on Trump as Trump is on London. 

And the people of London have as much right to protest as the rest of us. 

Like him or not, all he's doing is upholding the democratic rights of his city's people. 

If he gets involved in the affairs of the country he's held accountable by the country, his job is to make sure London busses run on time.

Edited by hetrodoxly
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, keithisco said:

I will take your word for it Astra...but when I heard about those Crocs that actually swim in the sea that did it for me:rofl:

Oh we have fresh water and salt water crocs here. You have to watch our for the box jellyfish as well if you swim in the North. But those nasty little (or big) devils hang up that way. Common sense basically applies. But where I come from, all's beautiful and safe. Except for the Bull sharks in the canals :tu:..

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

If he gets involved in the affairs of the country he's held accountable by the country, his job is to make sure London busses run on time.

And what affairs of the country is he involved in by authorising a protest in London?

9 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

drongo?

That one went over my head too.  Hats seems to be making the point that people down under don't stand on ceremony and have a different standard for what they consider to be rudeness.  It must be down to living where the land itself, actively tries to kill the inhabitants.  ;)   

I hope he decides to cancel the visit.  I'm not sure what he, the UK or the US gain from creating a silly spectacle for the media whores.  I'm just an old boy from Alabama but even I know to stay away from places where I'm not welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bee said:

aaaaanyway.... the Blimp thing (if it actually goes ahead on the day) will be the least of the problems for the police and security services..

the Trump Hate Machine has wound so many gullible people up to fever pitch --- that there is a risk of many protesters loosing their
minds as they go onto the streets to protest in a normal fashion.... ie banners and chanting and whatnot... gawd knows what might
happen especially as the Antifa Lot will want a piece of the action...  

I'm willing to predict that when this is over, barring some unexpected tragedy, on-air coverage of the state visit will include more images and words about the meme than the substance by a wide margin.  The one cheering thought is that if that thing is going to be anywhere close to the president, the secret service will be giving IT and its builders/handlers an info enema  :w00t:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, bee said:

He's not that huge... in fact for someone in his 70s he is in remarkably good nick....  he seems to be getting younger not older...

Must be thriving on the winning and the challenges :D - he probably won't be bothered at all about the Blimp Thingy - 

He was 70 when he was running for the job.  He kept a schedule and would wear down many, younger people.  He's said to get about 4-5 hours sleep a night and that seems reliable considering the volume and timing of his Tweets.  He has endured, thrived, on an onslaught of negative press unlike any predecessor ever had to do.  I mean, the hyperbole of the hateful rhetoric around this man is staggering.  He gives them a supply of ammo every time he opens his mouth but to be fair, they started the character assassination as soon as he was rumored to be considering the job.  The media in this country has enjoyed the ability to cow anyone who doesn't pay them the proper homage, for many years.  He just gives them the finger, laughs at them and keeps moving his agenda forward.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1