Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump 'angry baby' blimp will fly over London

Still Waters

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Wuss.

i myself have been killed and eaten by the wildlife THREE TIMES this week.

well I used to watch Neighbours* (don't see it much now) --- but anyway every time they left Ramsey Street something nasty
happened and they nearly died - like a spider bite or snake bite or getting stranded with a broken ankle or heart attack or
heat stroke.... they were lucky to survive if they left the safety of their Street.... :D

* Australian Soap** for those who don't know...

** Continuous Drama as programmes like that are now called, I think... like Coronation Street, Eastenders etc***

*** UK Soaps

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, bee said:

but anyway every time they left Ramsey Street something nasty
happened and they nearly died

I seem to remember there were nasty things on the street too - Paul Robinson (according to her who must be obeyed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

May represents the whole country, shut up and do as you're told.

He's talking about Sadiq Khan isn't he. Who only "represents all Londoners", because the Blair government decided to give the people of London an "elected Mayor", utterly pointless though it has been. 

• Like 2

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44737293

now this is a rock bottom basic problem with all this ----

quote bolded from link (provided by Still Waters earlier in thread)

Leo Murray, who is behind the crowdfunded idea, said: "[Mr Trump] really seems to hate it when people make fun of him.

"We want to make sure he knows that all of Britain is looking down on him and laughing at him."

Does Leo Murray really believe that '''''all of Britain is looking down on him and laughing at him''''''' (ie Trump)   ?

Does he (Leo Murray) live so much in a political echo chamber that he really believes this?

Or is he deluding himself..... lying to himself or simply getting carried away with fantasies of his own importance
that he actually thinks that ''''''all of Britain etc etc''''' 

Or is he just lying and he knows full well that not '''all of Britain''' is against Trump..

This statement makes it clear that the purpose of the Blimp Protest is to make fun of the President of the US
and nothing more than this..... nothing constructive..... just to make fun... to publically ridicule.... 

Grow Up Leo Murray - :hmm:

Ditto Sadiq Khan -

In saying all that though....  what's good for the goose is good for the gander so bring on the Khan Baby Blimp... :D.... :innocent:

Edited by bee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

He's talking about Sadiq Khan isn't he. Who only "represents all Londoners", because the Blair government decided to give the people of London an "elected Mayor", utterly pointless though it has been. 

You have to read it in context, ie Sadiq Khan is the mayor, he makes the decisions and that's that.

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

This is a difficult one for me - yes I understand the principle but the 'all' is a bit hard to digest.

My MP may represent me - but I am absolutely certain at least 30% of the voters were I live would claim that he in no way represents them. Equally at the next election due to gerrymandering (well maybe too strong a word) I will be theoretically represented by an MP whom I believe does not represent me in any shape or form.

They might not represent your views but they represent you in the sens that they are your representative at Parliament. 

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

May represents the whole country, shut up and do as you're told.

On the international stage, yes she does. Doesn't mean I personally agree with her or don't have a right to say what I think. 

Just as with Khan and London. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Setton said:

They might not represent your views but they represent you in the sens that they are your representative at Parliament. 

I understand that. Its a different argument though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Setton said:

On the international stage, yes she does. Doesn't mean I personally agree with her or don't have a right to say what I think. 

Just as with Khan and London. 

National stage as well.

Edited by hetrodoxly

On 05/07/2018 at 2:44 PM, Still Waters said:

A giant balloon dubbed "Trump baby" has been given the green light to fly near parliament during the president's UK visit.

London mayor Sadiq Khan's Greater London Authority has approved a request for the flight after thousands signed a petition and a crowdfunding campaign raised more than £16,000 to get the six-metre inflatable off the ground.

Strict rules are in place for the flight from Parliament Square Gardens, with the balloon being tethered to the ground and restricted from floating higher than 30m (98ft).

https://news.sky.com/story/trump-angry-baby-blimp-gets-green-light-to-fly-over-london-during-presidents-visit-11426665

Childish.

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

National stage as well.

At the national level, we are represented in Parliament by our MP. 

At the local level we are represented by councillors and so on. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

At the national level, we are represented in Parliament by our MP.

There's many MPs in London.

Leo Murray - the chap organising this balloon thingy - is a former Royal Acadamy of Arts student who owns a £1.8m townhouse. 

.... Speaking about the protest, he said: "Mr Trump really seems to hate it when people make fun of him.

"We want to make sure he knows that all of Britain is looking down on him and laughing at him."...

Yeah... a wealthy former arts student with a £1.8m house is - of course - ideally positioned to speak for "all of Britain". 

Another quote from the article that amused me was this one. 

Demonstrators claim the “mutant clone” of the President will show that “fascists are not welcome in the UK”....

Yeah.. because of course a balloon depicting an angry baby in a nappy is a classic symbol of  the rejection of fascism. Jeez... where do these people come from ? Kindergarten ? 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Blenheim Palace? Is he trying to claim some ancestral link to the Churchills? Is he booking the place for the weekend? What about all the Chinese tourists who were hoping to visit the place that weekend? 

No, I gather he's just a big fan...

6 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

There's many MPs in London.

Yes. Well done. And how does that make my point incorrect? Do those MPs not represent their constituents in parliament? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Wuss.

i myself have been killed and eaten by the wildlife THREE TIMES this week.

After a recent camping trip to Scotland I have decided to re-designate Australia as merely the second most dangerous place to live; I mean, it may have drop bears, sharks, crocs, swimming knives, and enormous bouncing mice, but it lacks what may be the most voracious creature on the planet.  The natives like to ironically refer to them  as "Mossies" and "Midgies", in an effort to lull tourists into a false sense of security, but which are actually better described by their scientific name which translates as "Flying Piranhas"...

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Torchwood said:

enormous bouncing mice,

:w00t:

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Setton said:

Yes. Well done. And how does that make my point incorrect? Do those MPs not represent their constituents in parliament? 

According to you mr Khan calls all the shots in London.

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

According to you mr Khan calls all the shots in London.

Please quote where I said that or withdraw it. 

7 minutes ago, Setton said:

Please quote where I said that or withdraw it. 

I wrote 'Some locals told Mr Kahn not to speak for them' with one writing: “This is your own opinion you do not represent all Londoners'

You wrote 'He does represent all Londoners' ie he's calling the shots, i'll await the apology.

3 hours ago, Torchwood said:

After a recent camping trip to Scotland I have decided to re-designate Australia as merely the second most dangerous place to live; I mean, it may have drop bears, sharks, crocs, swimming knives, and enormous bouncing mice, but it lacks what may be the most voracious creature on the planet.  The natives like to ironically refer to them  as "Mossies" and "Midgies", in an effort to lull tourists into a false sense of security, but which are actually better described by their scientific name which translates as "Flying Piranhas"...

Are you mozzies roughly 5cm from leg tip to leg tip?

do they spread debilitating diseases that take years and in some cases decades to recover from?

That said - Africa has mozzies that show up as cloud formations on international cloud radar.

On 7/5/2018 at 2:34 PM, and then said:

I can't speak for anyone but myself but I really doubt that many Americans would be miffed at your country over this.  If it happened without any context, maybe, but it's been 18 long months of nonstop stupidity here so it just doesn't register anymore.  Hell, the balloon crew might be invited to our Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in November...

Who knows what's going to be in the Macy's Parade this year. Good grief!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

I wrote 'Some locals told Mr Kahn not to speak for them' with one writing: “This is your own opinion you do not represent all Londoners'

You wrote 'He does represent all Londoners' ie he's calling the shots, i'll await the apology.

If you don't understand what 'represents' means, I'm afraid that's really your problem. 

22 minutes ago, Setton said:

If you don't understand what 'represents' means, I'm afraid that's really your problem. 

You're arguing the case Khan can sanction and be involved in a political stunt regarding the visit of an American president regardless of others opinion, ie he calls the shot's, is it not your lack of understanding the meaning of 'represents' it isn't my opinion it's the one you've argued.

So what is the point of electoring a Mayor? All he does is duplicate the existing MPs, doesn't he. The only thing he (every one there's been, Ken, Boris, Mayor Sadiq) seems to do is mess about with buses; Mayor Ken decided London had to have super-duper bendy buses, then Mayor Boris decided that these would never do and what London really needed was a super duper new doubled decker better than anything that had ever been seen before, and scrapped all of Mayor Ken's bendy buses (and swamp London with Boris Bikes that tourists can hire to risk their lives); while Mayor Sadiq's policy, so far as anyone can tell, is that he'd prefer to abolish buses altogether and force everyone to either walk or use the former Boris Bikes, which of course have now been rebranded Sadiq Cycles.

• Like 1