Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump 'angry baby' blimp will fly over London

Still Waters

On 05/07/2018 at 3:59 PM, and then said:

Can you imagine the reactions of any former Republican president?  Someone would have found them in a closet, curled into a fetal position and quietly weeping.  Trump's like - Bring the pain, baby!

Er - he initially said he didn't want to come over if there were going to be "nasty protests". So... yeah sure, hard as nails that guy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 05/07/2018 at 6:41 PM, keithisco said:

Sadiq Khan? What a pathetic little man for approving this. President Trump leads the most important, wealthy and strongest nation in the world and, no matter what your Politics, respect is due to the Office of the President of the United States of America!! If you dont like the man, as opposed to the Office then dont go and cheer, but showing this kind of disrespect during an official visit is showing disrespect to the entire US Nation.

He barely shows respect to his own wife, let alone anyone else. He makes the bed, he lies in it (*shudder*, what a horrible thought)

• Like 1

On 05/07/2018 at 11:09 PM, shehar39 said:

Seeing the London is now the acid attack leader of the world, you'd think they'd be more worried about solving their own problems before worrying  about our President

Yeah because you can only worry about one thing at a time can't you, plus the "leader of the free world" being a total belligerent child affects everyone, not just you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 06/07/2018 at 1:00 AM, and then said:

If it's done in some officially sanctioned manner, I'd agree.  No one is saying that these people should be sanctioned in any way for their project.  However, I think it's perfectly okay to state clearly that it is very rude to publicly attempt to humiliate a visiting head of state though, no?  It's just another example of the coarsening of our political discourse.  

"Coarsening the political discourse" - no one has done more to this cause than Trump himself. Typical right wingers. They throw as much s*** as they can get their hands on, but when it's done back to them, they cannot stand it. This is the president who mocked a physically disabled man at a rally, which his supporters think was somehow justified, yet when he's in the firing line, they wet their beds.

Secondly - no, we don't have "officially sanction" when it comes to protests. That's a very quick route to having no protests at all.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 06/07/2018 at 9:06 AM, bee said:

But as the demonizing of Trump is a full time job for loads of people and the MSM...... it's pandering to a student type protest
that will give a photo opportunity for all the Trump Hating and colluding Media Barons.... that want to drive a wedge between
the UK and US until the authoritarian political elite are back in full control....  

The only people driving wedges here are Trump and his "administration" (such as it is). Trump is not some superhero dressed up as a moron by the "MSM" - just look at how he speaks, he proves it himself.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

I've given you the reasons.

No, you haven't. You've said you don't like it and it might upset a visiting foreign politician. 

Neither of which is a valid reason to stop people protesting as they choose. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

The only people driving wedges here are Trump and his "administration" (such as it is). Trump is not some superhero dressed up as a moron by the "MSM" - just look at how he speaks, he proves it himself.

Donald Trump was never  known for respect, politeness, empathy, correctness, or veracity before he became President.  His tweets and speeches are never unifying or healing, they are divisive and perpetuate the cohesion of his base as a self viewed embattled minority. As President, his tweets continue to reflect his personality.  Many people like that, they think his wonderfully outspoken monologues are refreshing because a leader is tapping into their own thoughts.

Many people in the US think he is doing great things for our country.  He may be, but in the process it was totally unnecessary to normalize anger and provide a target for venting blame and spleen. .  He has attacked and insulted many of our long standing and most reliable allies, and characterized whole nations of people negatively.

It is rather sad for me to see the lack of goodwill and respect for other humans that seems one of the hallmarks of our age. 

On the other hand, it is encouraging that ordinary citizens are free to stand up and say, "Hey! Stop stepping on my face and insulting me."  without turning violent. 

President Trump is reaping the whirlwind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Donald Trump was never  known for respect, politeness, empathy, correctness, or veracity before he became President.  His tweets and speeches are never unifying or healing, they are divisive and perpetuate the cohesion of his base as a self viewed embattled minority. As President, his tweets continue to reflect his personality.  Many people like that, they think his wonderfully outspoken monologues are refreshing because a leader is tapping into their own thoughts.

Yeah I don't understand how people can think he's a good leader because "a lot of people hate him". I don't want a leader whom other people hate. I don't get that.

In terms of tapping into their thoughts - he's a populist. He will literally say whatever will get him the most votes. He's staggeringly insincere. 

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Many people in the US think he is doing great things for our country.

Yeah but I'm not sure what. Unemployment rates were falling anyway. Sure he's brought back coal (to a small degree) but that cannot last (its very inefficient as a power source). Apart from give a platform to extreme right views, I'm not sure what else there is he's achieved? Don't say "tax" reform. That is seriously going to bite the people he's claiming it will help.

20 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

but in the process it was totally unnecessary to normalize anger and provide a target for venting blame and spleen. .  He has attacked and insulted many of our long standing and most reliable allies, and characterized whole nations of people negatively.

Yep. Along with many in the UK he's normalised "nasty politics", an entirely unenlightened and retrograde move.

25 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

On the other hand, it is encouraging that ordinary citizens are free to stand up and say, "Hey! Stop stepping on my face and insulting me."  without turning violent. 

And cue the right crying about "the violent left". Sure, there is extremism on both sides, but marching through towns with burning sticks shouting "Jew will not replace us" has no place in the 21st century.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So much hate being shown by the Usual Suspects. It appears that President Trump is now responsible for all of the Nasty Leftist Politics - of course the world was all "Peachy" just before he got elected, and incredibly they would have us believe that all Anti-Jew sentiment is a direct result of his election. Time to grow and step back a moment and look at the atrocities bought down on those of Jewish Faith by your heroes of the left. Cue the UK Labour Party.

President Trump is actually "Staggeringly Sincere" in following through with his election manifesto - you dont like it-well you know what you can do at the next election - perhaps that Ultra - sincere, incorruptible Clinton will still be around to soothe your fevered brow with a poultice of lies, deceit and corruption.

Good luck with that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Setton said:

No, you haven't. You've said you don't like it and it might upset a visiting foreign politician. 

Neither of which is a valid reason to stop people protesting as they choose. 

Yes i have, you're just not listening, the major of our capital as sanctioned when he could have said no! humiliating the American president, you think people should be able to protest as they choose a blimp of Gandhi in bed with the two sixteen year olds he slept with every night, blimp of Mohammed with his six year old bride in one hand and a sex slave on a chain in the other you'd be happy with that?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, keithisco said:

So much hate being shown by the Usual Suspects. It appears that President Trump is now responsible for all of the Nasty Leftist Politics - of course the world was all "Peachy" just before he got elected, and incredibly they would have us believe that all Anti-Jew sentiment is a direct result of his election. Time to grow and step back a moment and look at the atrocities bought down on those of Jewish Faith by your heroes of the left. Cue the UK Labour Party.

President Trump is actually "Staggeringly Sincere" in following through with his election manifesto - you dont like it-well you know what you can do at the next election - perhaps that Ultra - sincere, incorruptible Clinton will still be around to soothe your fevered brow with a poultice of lies, deceit and corruption.

Good luck with that.

Most of those sticking their nose in wouldn't have a vote, it's not their President nor is it their country they just arrogantly think they can tell Americans who they should vote for.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Yeah but I'm not sure what. Unemployment rates were falling anyway. Sure he's brought back coal (to a small degree) but that cannot last (its very inefficient as a power source). Apart from give a platform to extreme right views, I'm not sure what else there is he's achieved? Don't say "tax" reform. That is seriously going to bite the people he's claiming it will help.

This era has parallels to the period after the American Civil War.    There was a large population of  impoverished white people, not limited to the South.  They had poor diet, meager jobs, not much hope of betterment.  Wages were kept low prior to the Civil War by mill and factory owners being able to suppress wages in the South by threatening or actually using slave labor to displace whiter workers.   Resentment was high.

A Black middle class was growing, They were taking business from white businesses that were previously a monopoly. It may have been financial resentment as much as racism that added to the anger.  Literacy, and income were growing among Blacks.  This increased resentment further still.   A number of unscrupulous politicians arose during that period to trade on the resentment and despair.  

Jim Crow laws were passed during the later 1800's. It was a bone thrown to the poor whites.   It was a period of open violence and hatred.    Power was built by giving people somebody else to hate and look down on.  It was a violent and shameful time.  

Flash to today, it is not just Blacks but immigrants too that are being blamed for stagnate wages, lack of jobs, a bleak financial future, drug addiction and hopelessness.

The mill and factory owners are making good on their promise to replace free working men with slaves or nearly so by moving their factories overseas.  Post WWII growth and prosperity are fading.  The face of industry is changing, jobs become scarcer without higher education.  Sure the Prez brought back coal for a little while, I bet if you asked most of those miners, they would rather work above ground in a healthier environment if there was a choice, we could have put the money into other industries.  But I think some of the President's friends are mine owners, not miners.

A tax cut sounds great, you just keep waiting to see it on your paycheck.  

We haven't kicked anybodies ass in a war for a couple of generations, but it does some hearts good to see their President kick some verbal ass among all of those caught by surprise who thought they were our friends. And he will convince his base that they were not our friends but leaching our prosperity away. 

Today as it was 100 years ago it is still easier to point at some group as the source of the problem, and it still provides a pathway to power.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

Er - he initially said he didn't want to come over if there were going to be "nasty protests". So... yeah sure, hard as nails that guy.

Yeah, he is.  And he gives back better than he receives from the hysterical losers that have attacked him relentlessly.  Just keeps on winning, he does, and it makes the Progs insane.  :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Yes i have, you're just not listening, the major of our capital as sanctioned when he could have said no! humiliating the American president, you think people should be able to protest as they choose a blimp of Gandhi in bed with the two sixteen year olds he slept with every night, blimp of Mohammed with his six year old bride in one hand and a sex slave on a chain in the other you'd be happy with that?

This is what you can't seem to get your head around: it isn't down to whether you, I, Kahn or anyone else would be 'happy' with it. These people have the right to protest as they choose provided it is safe and legal. 

This childish protest is safe and legal, therefore the Mayor's office can't just decide it's not allowed. 

Decisions on whether protests take place are based on safety and legality, whether we like what is said. 

That's one of the hallmarks of a free and democratic society. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, keithisco said:

Good luck with that.

No one is saying the rise of leftist extremism is Trump's fault (although he certainly shoulders some of the blame).

Not sure why hating Trump means I'm automatically a Labour supporter.

Not sure why hating Trump means I'm automatically a Clinton supporter.

What I am sure is that it's the same every time: Trump supporters can only defend Trump by attacking the opposition. 

That's a weak position to take. Very weak.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Most of those sticking their nose in wouldn't have a vote, it's not their President nor is it their country they just arrogantly think they can tell Americans who they should vote for.

But it does affect the rest of us. Trump's rhetoric has an effect around the world. It isn't just contained to the States. And even if it was, his idiotic ideas about trade wars will still effect people in other countries. 

Change for the better happens when people speak out about issues that don't necessarily affect them. Look at the pressure put on apartheid South Africa.

Nice to know that you'd be the one always turning the blind eye however.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah, he is.  And he gives back better than he receives from the hysterical losers that have attacked him relentlessly.  Just keeps on winning, he does, and it makes the Progs insane.  :w00t:

OK sure. I'm not sure what he's actually "winning" at, but whatever. Some people just have kool-aid in their eyes.

Edited by Emma_Acid

1 hour ago, Setton said:

This is what you can't seem to get your head around: it isn't down to whether you, I, Kahn or anyone else would be 'happy' with it. These people have the right to protest as they choose provided it is safe and legal. 

This childish protest is safe and legal, therefore the Mayor's office can't just decide it's not allowed. 

Decisions on whether protests take place are based on safety and legality, whether we like what is said. 

That's one of the hallmarks of a free and democratic society. 

What you can't get through your head is they can decide, if the President of the African National Congress. ... ANC was visiting they wouldn't sanction a blimp of Nelson Mandela with a bomb in his hand, well hopefully they wouldn't.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

But it does affect the rest of us. Trump's rhetoric has an effect around the world. It isn't just contained to the States. And even if it was, his idiotic ideas about trade wars will still effect people in other countries. 

Change for the better happens when people speak out about issues that don't necessarily affect them. Look at the pressure put on apartheid South Africa.

Nice to know that you'd be the one always turning the blind eye however.

My interest at this moment is what's best for the UK.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, keithisco said:

Good luck with that.

The Labour Party is responsible for atrocities against the Jewish Faith? I think you need to take some time off from worrying about Brexit, Keith.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Um, perhaps you could do with a week on a beach somewhere nice and quiet and where you'll never hear either Brexit or Trump mentioned as well. That argument began incoherently and deteriorated from there. :unsure: 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Um, perhaps you could do with a week on a beach somewhere nice and quiet and where you'll never hear either Brexit or Trump mentioned as well. That argument began incoherently and deteriorated from there. :unsure: 

Is that all you have? the ad hominem reply is proof i'm right and you know it.

38 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

My interest at this moment is what's best for the UK.

Doesn't work like that. We don't live in the 1300s. Our wellbeing as a nation is tied to the actions of other countries, especially America.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Is that all you have? the ad hominem reply is proof i'm right and you know it.

I'm sure if Mohammed was still alive, had a 6 year old bride and was coming over to see the Queen, yes, you'd get protests.

Not sure what you're point is here, because he isn't. Trump is. And, as usual, Trump supporters love a bash and a dig at anyone - immigrants, vets, the unemployed - as long as its not directed at their favourite Cheeto-in-Chief. 

• Like 2