Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump 'angry baby' blimp will fly over London

Still Waters

9 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Wrong, you don't need the Mayor to sanction normal protests this needed 'special sanctioning' you inform the police not the Mayor did you understand that? i can see why you've been getting it wrong all this time, i'm glad that's sorted.

Seeing as you've still been completely unable to say why this protest shouldn't take place, I'm going to take anything you say on the subject with a massive block of salt. This protest needed approval because it is unusual, yes. Not, as you falsely claim, because it would not normally be allowed. 

I don't think there's much point continuing to watch you ignore my questions and try to deny people their democratic right. 

Fortunately, you're in a pathetic minority and not worth dealing with. 

Edited by Setton

10 hours ago, Michelle said:

The solution to someone taking the low road is to see how low you can go. Gotcha! :tu:

I think some people putting together a childish protest is a little different to the actions of the US's elected head of state. 

1 hour ago, Setton said:

Seeing as you've still been completely unable to say why this protest shouldn't take place,

I've told you many times, You're inability to comprehend what's being said isn't my problem, you still won't show good grace and admit it you were wrong.

1 hour ago, Setton said:

This protest needed approval because it is unusual, yes. Not, as you falsely claim, because it would not normally be allowed. 

Semantics, this protest would't be allowed through the normal channels it needed sactioning by Khan i.e. not normally allowed, you can try a twist it all you like but you're still wrong.

19 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Wrong, you don't need the Mayor to sanction normal protests this needed 'special sanctioning' you inform the police not the Mayor did you understand that? i can see why you've been getting it wrong all this time, i'm glad that's sorted.

No, it is the GLA (Greater London Authority) that issues permits for protests and sanctions them (on  the advice of the Police should there be Security concerns). Sadiq Khan, as Head of the Greater London Authority has repeatedly made clear his support for this childish attempt to humiliate the President (which was backed by a scant 1000 people of unknown origin) and as Khan is Head of the GLA then he HAS approved and given his personal backing to this "protest".

3 hours ago, keithisco said:

No, it is the GLA (Greater London Authority) that issues permits for protests and sanctions them (on  the advice of the Police should there be Security concerns). Sadiq Khan, as Head of the Greater London Authority has repeatedly made clear his support for this childish attempt to humiliate the President (which was backed by a scant 1000 people of unknown origin) and as Khan is Head of the GLA then he HAS approved and given his personal backing to this "protest".

And why, without resorting to 'I don't/Trump doesn't like this protest' should he not have approved it? 

12 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

I've told you many times, You're inability to comprehend what's being said isn't my problem, you still won't show good grace and admit it you were wrong.

Well, thanks to keithisco and his time to research, it seems you were wrong. 

Semantics, this protest would't be allowed through the normal channels it needed sactioning by Khan i.e. not normally allowed, you can try a twist it all you like but you're still wrong.

Which we now see is the normal process. 

So. Considering this protest was approved like any other, why should it not be? 

5 hours ago, keithisco said:

It doesn't matter how many people or their "origin." (are they Reptilians or something?)

It's the right to free expression, plain and simple. There's no reason not to approve it. 

Too bad you can't have a sense of humor about it. 

...now everybody do the propaganda...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/10/2018 at 3:27 AM, Emma_Acid said:

OK sure. I'm not sure what he's actually "winning" at, but whatever. Some people just have kool-aid in their eyes.

Better than the blind hatred I see so often from his detractors... 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, and then said:

Better than the blind hatred I see so often from his detractors... 

I keep hearing this mantra but whomever invented it may be the one with sight issues if they think the hatred pointed at trump is "blind". 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2018 at 9:27 AM, Emma_Acid said:

OK sure. I'm not sure what he's actually "winning" at, but whatever. Some people just have kool-aid in their eyes.

ooh dear, I've never tried the stuff, But I imagine that would be very sticky, and probably harmful as well, "Warning: If you get Kool-Aid in your eyes, seek medical advice." 

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

ooh dear, I've never tried the stuff

Man you haven't lived until you've had some ice cold cherry Kool-Aid after running through the sprinkler on a hot summer day!  

I've always wondered why they never rebranded it, since the name is always associated in people's minds with ol' Jim Jones and mindless gullibility. (Not to mention some really complicated metaphors.)

Edited by Vlad the Mighty

2 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I've always wondered why they never rebranded it, since the name is always associated in people's minds with ol' Jim Jones and mindless gullibility. (Not to mention some really complicated metaphors.)

Kool aid has its own sweet niche, poor people and toddlers, no need to rebrand as neither are picky when **** is cheap :lol:

54 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

ooh dear, I've never tried the stuff, But I imagine that would be very sticky, and probably harmful as well, "Warning: If you get Kool-Aid in your eyes, seek medical advice." 

I've always kind of thought it was probably a bit like Irn Bru - but a red colour and chock a block with sugar and sweetners*
that make people hyperactive and prone to diabetes.... but I could be wrong

edit to add.... *and harmful additives

Edited by bee

7 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

It doesn't matter how many people or their "origin." (are they Reptilians or something?)

It's the right to free expression, plain and simple. There's no reason not to approve it. 

Too bad you can't have a sense of humor about it. 

...now everybody do the propaganda...

re bolded......

yeah I expect that's what the journalists at Charlie Hebdo said before they had their brains splattered all over the walls -

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bee said:

I've always kind of thought it was probably a bit like Irn Bru - but a red colour and chock a block with sugar and sweetners*
that make people hyperactive and prone to diabetes.... but I could be wrong

edit to add.... *and harmful additives

red dye and lots of sugar. It comes in a powder and you add the sugar so the younger you are the better it tastes! 

I haven't actually drank it in years but I use the powder for dying fly tying materials. 

• Thanks 1

So when, going back to the subject of the Big Man, is he actually arriving? Will he be coming on AF1, or will he be using one of the fleet of executive jets to hop over from Brussels? Where will he be flying into?I don't suppose it'd be Heathrow, that'd be a bit public, Northolt perhaps?

14 hours ago, keithisco said:

This is what i found.

https://www.gov.uk/protests-and-marches-letting-the-police-know

Sadiq khan has the final say (he's in charge of the GLA) there's many articles and interviews of him saying he sanctioned it.

10 hours ago, Setton said:

Well, thanks to keithisco and his time to research, it seems you were wrong. 

Which we now see is the normal process. 

So. Considering this protest was approved like any other, why should it not be? 

I refer you back to my previous post and suggest you do some research.

3 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

I refer you back to my previous post and suggest you do some research.

I refer you back to the last 10 pages of discussion and suggest you answer the question. 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Setton said:

I refer you back to the last 10 pages of discussion and suggest you answer the question. 

Your inability to comprehend isn't my problem.

So now that the Giant Baby has, through his usual talent for diplomacy, pretty much sabotaged Prime Minister Theresa May's half-baked Brexit plans, do you think she'll be ordering one of those balloons so she stick a very sharp knitting needle into it? Probably right into the eye. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

So now that the Giant Baby has, through his usual talent for diplomacy, pretty much sabotaged Prime Minister Theresa May's half-baked Brexit plans, do you think she'll be ordering one of those balloons so she stick a very sharp knitting needle into it? Probably right into the eye. 

Yeah then it will wizz round and round making a rude noise and splat her in the face.... 

Doesn't she know... you can't Stump the Trump.... she dissed the Don and now pays the price... hilarious

• Haha 1

Oh, if I had the money to. I'd have this going all day every day where ever Trump went. In front of his Mar lago golf resort (aka Where he spends most of his time...okay kinda exaggerating but still) and in front of the White House. If he feels "unwelcome" with the poms doing it, I can only dream of how "unwelcome" it would make him feel if he saw it everywhere he stayed :)