Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump 'angry baby' blimp will fly over London

Still Waters

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Maybe he can do both? 

Oh, some member of the government will greet and interact with the US president, sure.  They won't make any decisions that they couldn't have made as easily by secure communications.  The point of a state visit is about renewing old ties of respect and shared values.  Usually, it's played as a feel-good story about "old friends renewing the bond".  THIS one is going to become a ridiculous spectacle and it's being done because a Mayor decided to allow a highly disrespectful image of a US president to become the center of attention.  I'll say it again. He should either cancel it or get his people to create a huge golden colored Cape sized for the angry baby blimp and make an impromptu presentation to the protesters... just tell them "here, you forgot something"  :w00t:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, and then said:

Oh, some member of the government will greet and interact with the US president, sure.  They won't make any decisions that they couldn't have made as easily by secure communications.  The point of a state visit is about renewing old ties of respect and shared values.  Usually, it's played as a feel-good story about "old friends renewing the bond".  THIS one is going to become a ridiculous spectacle and it's being done because a Mayor decided to allow a highly disrespectful image of a US president to become the center of attention.  I'll say it again. He should either cancel it or get his people to create a huge golden colored Cape sized for the angry baby blimp and make an impromptu presentation to the protesters... just tell them "here, you forgot something" :w00t:

I'm thinking he should leave a full "nappy" behind as a souvenir.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I'm thinking he should leave a full "nappy" behind as a souvenir.

That's essentially all he ever does. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

That's essentially all he ever does. 

Let me guess, the Russians did it....:lol:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, and then said:

THIS one is going to become a ridiculous spectacle and it's being done because a Mayor decided to allow a highly disrespectful image of a US president to become the center of attention. 

I doubt this will be the case - according to the talkie people on the telly-box the protests are taking place in London, but Trumps to-do list doesnt take him much near the place apart from an overnight stay at the embassy. Mostly he'll be at Chequers and Blenheim Palace (and probably a golf course or two) , so he'll probably miss the London protests altogether.

7 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Let me guess, the Russians did it....:lol:

Sorry for quoting you twice, I had another freak loss of connection...

Anyway, no, the Russians only tell him when to do it and where.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Setton said:

And what affairs of the country is he involved in by authorising a protest in London?

Some locals told Mr Kahn not to speak for them, with one writing: “This is your own opinion you do not represent all Londoners 

https://www.*** blocked ***/news/politics/952053/donald-trump-uk-visit-london-protest-sadiq-Khan-us-president

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Sorry for quoting you twice, I had another freak loss of connection...

Anyway, no, the Russians only tell him when to do it and where.  

It must be that "back channel" I heard tell of...

This is so much fun!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Giant Donald Trump baby balloon plan sparks online row

A counter-protest which aims to fund a "Sadiq Khan baby balloon" has received more than £10,000 of support.

Before the inflatable can take off, campaigners also need permission from the National Air Traffic Service and Met Police.

Max Wakefield, who is one of the people working on the project, said the group is "confident it will obtain all necessary permits".

Mr Trump has so far made no comment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-44737293

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

And the plot thickens 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

DUELING BALLOONS!

awesome. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Torchwood said:

I doubt this will be the case - according to the talkie people on the telly-box the protests are taking place in London, but Trumps to-do list doesnt take him much near the place apart from an overnight stay at the embassy. Mostly he'll be at Chequers and Blenheim Palace (and probably a golf course or two) , so he'll probably miss the London protests altogether.

I read that, as well.  The spectacle I speak of is the one the media will present in breathless abandon for the whole time he's there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, keithisco said:

Now dont take this the wrong way Astra - but living in a country where everything living is either poisonous or wants to eat you is not my idea of Paradise:whistle:

Yeah, but it makes you damned well quick on your feet, I bet :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

DUELING BALLOONS!

awesome. 

Okay, color me satisfied :w00t:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Astra. said:

Yes, but that's mainly in the top end of Australia where those big naughty creatures are. The Southern end is the safe zone...except for the Eastern brown snake, the Funnel web and Redback spider.

Other than that...it's all pretty good....never been bitten once so far  ;)..

Wuss.

i myself have been killed and eaten by the wildlife THREE TIMES this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Torchwood said:

Yes, it seems that Trumps visit has been arranged so as to avoid as many people as possible.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Wuss.

Damn, I can't match THAT.  I just finished wrestling a large croc out of my back yard who was sneaking up on my dog who was himself in the process of getting ready to jump in my pool to attack the great white shark I have as a pet.  But mate, you're my hero.

Anyway, back to the comedies, what's this balloon display going to achieve? :blink:  It's not going to change his policies or attitude, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Black Red Devil said:

what's this balloon display going to achieve?

It'll get him wound up for a day or two - probably sign an executive order barring all Londoners from New York or something.

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

It'll get him wound up for a day or two - probably sign an executive order barring all Londoners from New York or something.

I just hope the balloon doesn't end up in the ocean when they're done.  You know... the environment, global warming etc.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Astra. said:

Except for the Bull sharks in the canals :tu:..

hmmm... west coast?

5 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Wuss.

Ive been feeding the drop bears in the trees across the road raw steak.. someone threatened to call the RSPCA because I had a cow tied under a tree so they could have live protein.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Torchwood said:

Blenheim Palace? Is he trying to claim some ancestral link to the Churchills? Is he booking the place for the weekend? What about all the Chinese tourists who were hoping to visit the place that weekend? 

10 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

Some locals told Mr Kahn not to speak for them, with one writing: “This is your own opinion you do not represent all Londoners 

https://www.*** blocked ***/news/politics/952053/donald-trump-uk-visit-london-protest-sadiq-Khan-us-president

He does represent all Londoners. They might not all agree with him though. 

Again, democracy. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Setton said:

Again, democracy. 

May represents the whole country, shut up and do as you're told.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Setton said:

Again, democracy. 

This is a difficult one for me - yes I understand the principle but the 'all' is a bit hard to digest.

My MP may represent me - but I am absolutely certain at least 30% of the voters were I live would claim that he in no way represents them. Equally at the next election due to gerrymandering (well maybe too strong a word) I will be theoretically represented by an MP whom I believe does not represent me in any shape or form.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 3