Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump 'angry baby' blimp will fly over London

Still Waters

12 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Is that all you have? the ad hominem reply is proof i'm right and you know it.

Your argument, from what I can make of it, seems to be that they wouldn't do do anything disrespectful to people of other races. Well, there's a bit of a difference in degrees of scale, isn't there; depicting Mohammed as a paedophile is perhaps just slightly several times more offensive than depicting the current US President as a great big baby. If they wanted to do something comparable,perhaps they'd depict him as a lecher drooling over hot high school chicks and advising grabbing them, in the words of Eminem, by the you-know-what. 

13 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Doesn't work like that. We don't live in the 1300s. Our wellbeing as a nation is tied to the actions of other countries, especially America.

Yes showing them respect= best for the UK

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hetrodoxly said:

Respect has to be earned and maintained.

It shouldn't be a commodity given out of necessity or weakness.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

I'm sure if Mohammed was still alive, had a 6 year old bride and was coming over to see the Queen, yes, you'd get protests.

Not sure what you're point is here, because he isn't. Trump is. And, as usual, Trump supporters love a bash and a dig at anyone - immigrants, vets, the unemployed - as long as its not directed at their favourite Cheeto-in-Chief. 

Again 'ad nauseam' i agree protest all you like, the Lord Mayor of London (an elected official) who is in known conflict with the the American president should't have sanctioned the blimp to humiliate him, the fact it needed special sanctioning shows it's something not normally allowed, he could have said no.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Your argument, from what I can make of it, seems to be that they wouldn't do do anything disrespectful to people of other races. Well, there's a bit of a difference in degrees of scale, isn't there; depicting Mohammed as a paedophile is perhaps just slightly several times more offensive than depicting the current US President as a great big baby. If they wanted to do something comparable,perhaps they'd depict him as a lecher drooling over hot high school chicks and advising grabbing them, in the words of Eminem, by the you-know-what. 

There's the rub and my point, where do you draw the line?

15 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Respect has to be earned and maintained.

It shouldn't be a commodity given out of necessity or weakness.

Give us a good trade deal and he has all of my respect, note he's been all over Europe more than once and not a blimp in sight, the arrogance of some British people never fails to amaze.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Nope, not this guy. The guy who has disrespected pretty much every single person around him - his family, his wife, almost everyone in the US who isn't rich, immigrants, foreign leaders etc etc. The list is endless. The guy deserves no respect, sorry.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

Give us a good trade deal and he has all of my respect, note he's been all over Europe more than once and not a blimp in sight, the arrogance of some British people never fails to amaze.

And yet the arrogance of Trump and his cronies is fine with you? OK, sure, if those are your priorities. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Nope, not this guy. The guy who has disrespected pretty much every single person around him - his family, his wife, almost everyone in the US who isn't rich, immigrants, foreign leaders etc etc. The list is endless. The guy deserves no respect, sorry.

Nothing to do with me, i don't look on him as a role model will he give us a good trade deal.

34 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

And yet the arrogance of Trump and his cronies is fine with you? OK, sure, if those are your priorities. 

He's not been arrogant to me.

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

He's not been arrogant to me.

And that's all that matters obviously.

The 21st century is quickly becoming "the century of the self" as Adam Curtis calls it. Everyone is out for themselves - there is no common good any more.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

In what way has he disrespected the average working American ? 

Which legal immigrants has he disrespected ? 

Which foreign leaders has he disrespected, and what was the outcome of such disrespect :D 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

What you can't get through your head is they can decide, if the President of the African National Congress. ... ANC was visiting they wouldn't sanction a blimp of Nelson Mandela with a bomb in his hand, well hopefully they wouldn't.

Last time:

Other than you and Trump not liking it, what should this protest (not any hypothetical ones) be prevented? 

Edited by Setton
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Well, claiming they will be better off after his tax plans when every economist states it will serve the super rich and the super rich only.

22 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

I didn't realise you had to have papers in order to get respect. And people make comparisons to 1930's Europe, I cannot think why.

22 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Which foreign leaders has he disrespected, and what was the outcome of such disrespect :D 

I'll just leave this here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

, the fact it needed special sanctioning shows it's something not normally allowed, he could have said no.

No. All protests need to be approved to ensure they are safely managed. 

• Like 3

Let's hope everyone stays safe.

The U.S. Embassy in London issued an alert on Tuesday to Americans in the British capital, warning them to keep a low profile during President Donald Trump’s visit later this week in case protests against him turn violent.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKBN1K01X5-OCATP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

2 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

I didn't realise you had to have papers in order to get respect.  

Yes, but surely if someone is doing something illegal, by definition that doesn't deserve respect, in fact in most countries it's usually punished by law? Now obviously many people could argue about whether what he does to those people isn't excessive and so on, but people always seem to forget the word "illegal". 

• Thanks 2

Well, claiming they will be better off after his tax plans when every economist states it will serve the super rich and the super rich only.

Not true. Or at least, economists are highly divided on it. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/donald-trump-tax-plan-us-economy-growth-help-blue-collar-working-americans-a8091501.html

I didn't realise you had to have papers in order to get respect. And people make comparisons to 1930's Europe, I cannot think why.

If you enter the USA illegally, you are a criminal, and showing disrespect to actual US citizens. I doubt you would normally 'respect' criminals.. why do you in this case ? 

I'll just leave this here.

And for most of that list, I can only respond: "about time too" :D 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Emma_Acid said:

But it does affect the rest of us. Trump's rhetoric has an effect around the world. It isn't just contained to the States. And even if it was, his idiotic ideas about trade wars will still effect people in other countries. 

Change for the better happens when people speak out about issues that don't necessarily affect them. Look at the pressure put on apartheid South Africa.

Nice to know that you'd be the one always turning the blind eye however.

...and can you tell us all just what effect his words have had on the World?

Apart from wanting to re-balance an awful Trade Deficit with certain unscrupulous nations in the world, how has anything he's actually said had an effect on your life, or indeed on my life. You see, I dont need to defend President Trump because nothing he has said has caused me any harm, quite the opposite when we leave the EU and have a strong FTA with USA.

What about the idiotic Trade Barriers that the EU has erected against the very same apartheid-free South Africa that you mention, why aren't you pressuring the EU Commission to drop these tariffs that effect the poorest the most? Why indeed...my guess is a duplicitous mindset whereby Hatred of Trump is used as a smokescreen behind which to hide from  realities much closer to home over which you actually might have  influence. Just IMO

• Like 2

Trump is the biggest snowflake in the country. Always whining and crying about "the Mexicans!, or Hillary, or Obama, or Comey, or....take your pic. The guys skin is so thin it is turning orange. I honestly do not at all see what some of you people see in this man. All I see is a whiny cry baby who covers up his insecurities by pretending to be 'tough'. Someone who is just a straight up *******, nothing less than a true dick of a human being. This baby balloon is hilarious because it is true!

The guy is just a douche.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

He has disrespected the average working American by lying to them, repeatedly, with no shame.

He has disrespected his wife who is a legal immigrant, by cheating on her repeatedly, and lying about it to cover his ass. (I admit, that was a bit of a stretch, but still true)

He has disrespected the Canadian leader, the German leader, the French leader..to name a few. What was the outcome? Early on it seemed like they were not sure how to deal with it. For them it must have been like dealing with an uruly child. I am sure they could hardly believe how dickish he was. Now they have had time to figure him out, and we are starting to see retaliatory actions from our allies that will hurt the American people to try and erode Trumps political support. Such as some of the retaliatory tariffs we are seeing that target rust belt states that got Trump elected.

• Like 1

The solution to someone taking the low road is to see how low you can go. Gotcha! :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know what would be funny - as the visit is due on Friday the 13th -  

Trump should go the day before because that would make it unlucky for some who are sooooo looking forward to
some good old fashioned rioting, ridiculing and hate spewing... ^_^ 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Setton said:

No. All protests need to be approved to ensure they are safely managed. 

Wrong, you don't need the Mayor to sanction normal protests this needed 'special sanctioning' you inform the police not the Mayor did you understand that? i can see why you've been getting it wrong all this time, i'm glad that's sorted.

7 hours ago, Michelle said:

Let's hope everyone stays safe.

The U.S. Embassy in London issued an alert on Tuesday to Americans in the British capital, warning them to keep a low profile during President Donald Trump’s visit later this week in case protests against him turn violent.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNews/idCAKBN1K01X5-OCATP

I imagine the masked left wing fascsts will be out in force, probably best to heed the warning.

• Like 2