Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens if someone catches Nessie

Commander CMG

Scottish Natural Heritage (SNH) prepared the "partly serious, partly fun" code of practice in 2001 amid a period of intense interest in Nessie.

This year's interest has been piqued by scientists gathering DNA from the loch, and Scotland's first minister saying she believes there is a monster.

SNH said it would "dust off" the plan if Nessie was discovered.

The code of practice was drawn up to offer protection to new species found in the loch, including a monster.

It stipulates that a DNA sample should be taken from any new creature, and then it should be released back into the loch.

Read More

• Like 5

If people are spending time "studying" whether it exists or not, it seems logical that a plan should be formulated for many different scenarios. 

Does the Irish have a plan if someone finds a leprechaun's pot of gold?

• Haha 7

I don't think they would disclose finding Nessie,it would just be another animal then and Scotland would miss out on big tourist dollars after the initial flood of interest.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 11:32 AM, Rlyeh said:

Yeah! Buy more Whisky, and Beer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

NESSIE BURGERS FOR ALL.

Or at least the Japanese, who after all have a long tradition of scientifically eating studying them.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I would eat her.. bit by bit..

until i become her...

then..and only then...

the killing begins again

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/6/2018 at 10:32 AM, Rlyeh said:

Yep.  Government gets 85% :w00t:

• 5 weeks later...

I don't often look to have a closed mind on a subject. But there is no Loch Monster. I'm calling it :D - there's isn't enough food (nowhere near enough fish in Loch Ness), there isn't enough sightings to account for a family of creatures (which it would have to be to still be going strong, since the early 1900's). I get why the Scottish tourist board don't exactly mind, and I love my country, the scenery around the Loch is breath taking and the Loch Ness experience is a great thing. 

"You have to believe it, to see it". Nope.

On 18/08/2018 at 8:27 AM, AbrahamVanHelsing said:

there's isn't enough food

How do you know?

(nowhere near enough fish in Loch Ness)

How do you know it eats fish? Are you an expert on the alimentary needs of this creature?

there isn't enough sightings to account for a family of creatures

Well, you don't know that.

9 minutes ago, Black Monk said:

How do you know?

How do you know it eats fish? Are you an expert on the alimentary needs of this creature?

And you know what? 

Until you can say "well here is Nessy", it does not exist. As it stand many have gone looking for her and they can say "she is not there".

The loch has been searched too many times with all sorts of equipment and as opposed to finding  nessy, they found nada and nish

• Like 3

I know it doesn't exist. I'm not a total sceptic, I just don't believe that Loch Ness hold anything bigger than an Otter, or large Eel.

Edited by AbrahamVanHelsing

20 hours ago, Black Monk said:

How do you know?

I know that there isn't enough fish in Loch Ness to support an animal larger than an Eel. I know this because I read a paper on it by the Loch Ness Project. I don't know it eats fish, but there isn't much else to eat in Loch Ness, unless it eats algae. I know that, unless it has a life span of 118 years acquired through eating algae I presume, then it would have to be more than one creature. I don't believe it. The Deepscan Project found nothing, zip.I have never seen any convincing photo or video evidence either.

Edited by AbrahamVanHelsing