Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should hateful speech be illegal?

and-then

What I find truly sad is shutting down other people by discrediting thier points of view with insulting remarks.

Now apparently if you are white the only valid response is to call every body racist.

Anything outside of that may be viewed as dishonorable. 

The original story still contains two claims, there is a very good legal reason as to why one of those claims would have to be included in the story, and one claim which is the angle of the story.

You really can not judge what took place without the original twitter exchanges.

4 minutes ago, Kismit said:

What I find truly sad is shutting down other people by discrediting thier points of view with insulting remarks.

Now apparently if you are white the only valid response is to call every body racist.

Anything outside of that may be viewed as dishonorable. 

The original story still contains two claims, there is a very good legal reason as to why one of those claims would have to be included in the story, and one claim which is the angle of the story.

You really can not judge what took place without the original twitter exchanges.

No kis, we are not calling everybody racists. We are calling one person who continually spewed racist crap a racist.

Backed up with the knowledge that people in college, especially the one she attended, are being taught to be racists. 

Did you ever give Tommy Robinson the benefit of the doubt? He never publicly said anything anywhere near as bad as what she did. Did you ever ask for context when judging him? 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

According to the Left, at least here in the US, people of color CAN NOT be racists. Only white people can be racists according to the Left. This is why such abhorrent behavior is defended as long as the person making racist and sexist remarks is a non-white person. 

Evidently, few leftists own dictionaries. They probably look at "1984" as a manual.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Never mind. <_<

I want to be a good dog in this discussion.

Speak, Rover. Bark what you think about Cheong's racist tweets that slurred White people.

2 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Just now on MSNBC they are talking about Race, talking about Trump and Lebron James. They called the Presidents base Racists and that white people are racists. That the President is a racist. 

Never ever participate in the "racist" drinking game when you watch those dumb shows. You would die of alcohol poisoning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Yeah I don’t really care either. The funny part to me is the reaction by those who pretend to be warrior’s against racism. Literal bat swinging warriors. Like no, you are not against racism at all. You are just against white people. 

Even more funny, they are more often then not white themselves. 

Carol Swain, a professor at Vanderbilt University, might "like" your post. She's a Black woman who criticizes the preposterous and profound hypocrisy that we're plagued with today. She has better insight than a zillion White Marxists combined. Her truth slays fields of leftist sacred cows.

This speaks to the new paradigm. American nationalists, of all backgrounds and ethnicities, are in common cause to rescue our country from globalism. There's no place for racists of any race in this campaign. It's good to see patriots, who aren't White, criticize anti-White racism while White SJWs cheer it.

• Thanks 1

Fascinating how the same people that go BALLISTIC every time Trump tweets are going full-bore fantasy land to defend this racist bey-yatch.

Context? Okay, lets have a look;

BINGO moment at 13:45

Let's see what the Irish have to say about this-

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, lost_shaman said:

Just now on MSNBC they are talking about Race, talking about Trump and Lebron James. They called the Presidents base Racists and that white people are racists. That the President is a racist. 

My wife had to take a Humanities class at the local Community College to get her AA degree. She ended up taking Race and Racism, due to scheduling. The teacher TOLD the same thing to the students (the Black teacher). And said that if they voiced a different opinion, they'd be failed in the class. 

THAT is your Liberal Arts class professor right there. Demands his/her belief is correct and if you disagree, they fail you.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Fascinating how the same people that go BALLISTIC every time Trump tweets are going full-bore fantasy land to defend this racist bey-yatch.

They likely would get more upset by my posts in which I called her "Cheong" instead of "Jeong". Then, in a case of unfortunate timing, Likely Guy referred to himself as a dog.

On 8/4/2018 at 3:25 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

Speak, Rover. Bark what you think about Cheong's racist tweets that slurred White people.

*wags tail*

FU and your horse. :D

You know I'm on dial-up. Why would I waste over an hour trying to watch what you might call a "racist diatribe"?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, DieChecker said:

THAT is your Liberal Arts class professor right there. Demands his/her belief is correct and if you disagree, they fail you.

College Professors are the the most idiotic creatures on Earth, they are making it inevitable that Online Education will soon be the only reasonable choice. 

Fine by me, parasites bent on suicide are the best kind! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

*wags tail*

You know I'm on dial-up. Why would I waste over an hour trying to watch what you might call a "racist diatribe"?

I don't know. You might learn something other than vapid leftist talking points.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2018 at 1:17 PM, Kismit said:

Insults are not shutting down free speech, they are part of it.

THIS is what shutting down Free Speech looks like, and since it happened in your part of the world maybe you can tell us something about it;

On 8/4/2018 at 1:17 PM, Kismit said:

I know I am going to catch hell for trying to debate a Monitor here, but you did join in the debate, so....

Nah, nevermind. 

Just forget it.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

*wags tail*

It's kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old Canadian men. Cancel Canadian people. You'll all go extinct soon. You and other Canadians make posts like dogs pee on fire hydrants. Now, replace "Canadian" with "White". You now know what Jeong wrote in some of her racist and stupid tweets. This bigoted ditz now works for the New York Times. You now don't have to mess with video clips, and you can link to newspaper articles too. 

Edited by Paranormal Panther
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It's kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old Canadian men. Cancel Canadian people. You'll all go extinct soon. You and other Canadians make posts like dogs pee on fire hydrants. Now, replace "Canadian" with "White". You now know what Jeong wrote in some of her racist and stupid tweets. This bigoted ditz now works for the New York Times. You now don't have to mess with video clips, and you can link to newspaper articles too. 

Why bother even listening to that? To make yourself angry?

4 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

You now know what Jeong wrote in some of her racist and stupid tweets. This bigoted ditz now works for the New York Times. You now don't have to mess with video clips, and you can link to newspaper articles too. 

Okay P, let's play 'noun change':

You now know what Trump wrote in some of his racist and stupid tweets. This bigoted putz now is the President of the United States of America. You now don't have to mess with video clips, and you can link to newspaper articles too. 

Who really wields power and who should we really worry about, some ditz whom I've never heard about before, or the current PUTZ?

Edited by Likely Guy

4 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

And that is the one important point that I wish people would take from that story; Let the buyer beware, this is what you get when you are looking at the NYT and using it as a source. That's it.

As for the Verboten topic of Freedom of Speech, I believe that Censorship is the tool of people who know their argument is weak and built on indefensible positions. Either that, or they lack the intellectual position and have to resort to the use of force to silence the opposition. 

Yes, removing posts and blocking threads is initiating the use of force, and reveals the non-existance of an intelligent counter-argument.

This is one hour but it is packed with very relevant points. The Govts down under may have adopted a very Fascist policy towards the free exchange of ideas, but hopefully some of you will be able to see this TV interview -

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

And that is the one important point that I wish people would take from that story; Let the buyer beware, this is what you get when you are looking at the NYT and using it as a source. That's it.

How many people worked for Fox News and now work in senior government positions?

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

How many people worked for Fox News and now work in senior government positions?

Roughly the same number from CNN and MSNBC that worked for Obama.

Blah blah blah 

Diversions

Pointless comparisons and one-upmanship on irrelevant points and a contest on who has the most interesting Rabbit Hole.

I think that sums up taking up that path pretty well. Seen it all before.

Can we skip the next dozen posts and get back to the subject matter now? 

• Like 1

"Political correctness is communist propaganda writ small. In my study of communist societies, I came to the conclusion that the purpose of communist propaganda was not to persuade or convince, nor to inform, but to humiliate; and therefore, the less it corresponded to reality the better. 

When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity. 

To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control. 

I think if you examine political correctness, it has the same effect and is intended to. "

-- Theodore Dalrymple

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

As for the Verboten topic of Freedom of Speech, I believe that Censorship is the tool of people who know their argument is weak and built on indefensible positions. Either that, or they lack the intellectual position and have to resort to the use of force to silence the opposition. 

Yes, removing posts and blocking threads is initiating the use of force, and reveals the non-existance of an intelligent counter-argument.

This is one hour but it is packed with very relevant points. The Govts down under may have adopted a very Fascist policy towards the free exchange of ideas, but hopefully some of you will be able to see this TV interview -

You probably need to inform yourself about the 18C debate before you make generalisations.

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

You probably need to inform yourself about the 18C debate before you make generalisations.

Why?

"If you can't explain something simply, then you don't understand it well enough yet."

- Albert Einstein 

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Why bother even listening to that? To make yourself angry?

I like to be informed. You should look into it.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Okay P, let's play 'noun change':

You now know what Trump wrote in some of his racist and stupid tweets. This bigoted putz now is the President of the United States of America. You now don't have to mess with video clips, and you can link to newspaper articles too. 

Who really wields power and who should we really worry about, some ditz whom I've never heard about before, or the current PUTZ?

Thanks for changing the subject. You can't and won't address the topic at hand, which is the fact that a White person or any conservative wouldn't be hired after they made such racist, stupid tweets, and their career likely would be ruined. It speaks to the hypocrisy of leftists. Other things do too. :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1