Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost Balloon?

Ava.marie5424

Hello,

Today I was home alone, and I was walking in my dad’s room. There was a balloon from my sister’s birthday from about two months ago. I could hear and see it in the closet well enough lodges in there, and I heard it start moving around I didn’t think anything of it especially since the fan was on. All of a sudden I heard a loud noise sounding like someone was smacking the balloon. Right when I heard the noise I looked over and the balloon went flying out of the closet and to the other side of the room. I ran out thinking someone was in there with me, and I stood by the front door and had my hand on the handle. I stood there seeing if I could here someone coming down the hall. All I could hear was what sounded like the balloon being hit around, like there was someone playing with it. I quickly ran out of the house, and once my mom got there we went back in to investigate. When we got into my dad’s bedroom, the balloon was in the middle of my sisters mattress on the floor. It was almost like someone was holding it down. I picked up to balloon and tried to get it to sit back in place how it was, and every time I tried, it would just float back up. I don’t know if anyone else has experienced this, if so please let me know. I also have the feeling of being watch while in bed, and just anywhere around the house. 

Please let me know if you know what’s going on.

Thank you.

37 minutes ago, Ava.marie5424 said:

Please let me know if you know what’s going on.

I have indeed heard of spirits playing with a balloon several times.  Once on a video from a source I trust. They're fun apparently.

Also two months sounds like a long time for a balloon. It might be some kind I am not aware of. A partially deflated balloon can do some weird things but there is a limit to its repertoire. Did you mom also come to believe it was acting unnaturally?

And your sense of being watched could tie in with the balloon incident but feelings are a fairly vague thing for others to judge.

Central air? There was a fan on so that could have had something to do with it. You walk into the room, triggering the airflow in the room to free the balloon, and airflow takes care of the rest.

Edited by moonman

If you were close to the balloon when it came out of the closet? If so the strong draft you created when you quickly left the room probably help toss the balloon around. 

Edited by toast
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, toast said:

OK this is the second time! What are you a closet 'Dark Star' fan? Because that movie was so bad it was awesome!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Piney said:

OK this is the second time! What are you a closet 'Dark Star' fan? Because that movie was so bad it was awesome!

Dark Star is one of my 10 favorite movies! Even if its undervalued, its a masterpiece by Carpenter.

Sgt. Pinback: [Another diary entry] This mission has fallen apart since Commander Powell died! Doolittle treats me like an idiot, Talby thinks he's so smart, and Boiler punches me in the arm when no one's looking. I'm tired of being treated like an old wash rag!

:lol:

• Thanks 1

If the balloon is two months old the helium would be long depleted so it shouldn't be floating back up at all. If it does float after all that time I'd consider that just as strange as the other kinds of movements it was making. You should document it on video if you can.