Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man claims to have discovered 'time warp'

UM-Bot

20 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Did he make this discovery by taking a jump to the left followed by a step to the right?

You beat me to it! :-P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unsure how this measurement device operates, but it mentions a hundred foot conducting wire. In a conductor, electrical resistance increases with temperature. Las Vegas is hot. Wondering how the engineer compensated for temperature differentials in the device. Care to bet on it?

• Like 6

I guess the aliens are saying: "Damn, they have discovered our base by Las Vegas. Now we have to move it." ;-) .

3 hours ago, highdesert50 said:

Unsure how this measurement device operates, but it mentions a hundred foot conducting wire. In a conductor, electrical resistance increases with temperature. Las Vegas is hot. Wondering how the engineer compensated for temperature differentials in the device. Care to bet on it?

It would be negligible in reality. I'd rather assume the device malfunctioned.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oh boy. Joshua Warren huh. He must be running low on money.

A loose cable caused very cautious researchers to think an event indicated supraluminal travel of neutrinos. This sounds like someone can't take the time to check their result before pretending something interesting happened.

• Like 2

Sorry couldn't help myself.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I like it when you get a new watch, and you keep glancing at it, but because you're so panicky it might've stopped, it just seems that the second-hand is frozen. But then you get on Schrodinger's Cat and ride him away like He-Man on Battlecat.

On 7/7/2018 at 7:03 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Did he make this discovery by taking a jump to the left followed by a step to the right?

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

It's astounding
Time is fleeting
Madness takes its toll

It's so dreamy, oh fantasy free me
So you can't see me, no, not at all
In another dimension, with voyeuristic intention
Well secluded, I see all

• Like 1

On 7/7/2018 at 5:38 AM, seanjo said:

Whenever someone calls themselves a "Paranormal investigator" I immediately think cynical shyster making money off the gullible. 

Unfortunately I have to concur. True (other than)-normal investigation is important in my opinion, but the field is so littered with individuals who are just looking to capitalize on people's magical thinking that every claim has to be taken with a mountain of salt. 

The first thing that needs to happen when you find an anomaly is check it a hundred times and make sure it's actually there. Temperature isn't the only thing that can affect the current in a hundred foot cable. Get 10 more cables, 3 more testing units and run the test again 300 more times under varied conditions. IF the anomaly still shows up, then we can talk about possible causes. My off-the-cuff predictions are 1) it's not there and 2) if it is there, aliens will not be required to explain it (not saying they aren't there, just that they won't be required).

Just my .02

• Thanks 2

On 7/13/2018 at 3:06 AM, kapow53 said:

I've been looking forward to getting a time warper.

We had one once but the end fell off....

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:38 PM, seanjo said:

Whenever someone calls themselves a "Paranormal investigator" I immediately think cynical shyster making money off the gullible. 

I thought that was  politicians and preachers.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, seanjo said:

That works as well...although there are some honest politicians and priests.

Maybe a priest but I highly doubt there is an honest politician.

29 minutes ago, seanjo said:

What p***es me off is, right now, I can't think of a politician that can be shown to be totally honest, but I know there must be at least one out there...having said that as a politician you can't be totally honest, you have to lie sometimes it's part of your job, so I would judge politicians by how well they kept to their underlying ideal.

Margaret Thatcher.

Winston Churchill.

As far as I know they actually go to school for learning to lie good. Politician101

I don't know much about Churchill or Thatcher to comment.