Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Nature of Reality

zep73

@sci-nerd your dismissing radiation from a Black hole?

9 hours ago, danydandan said:

@sci-nerd your dismissing radiation from a Black hole?

No, not at all!

To stay within the analogy, I'd describe Hawking radiation as a confirmation message.
Like when you empty you computers recycle bin, it plays a sound to tell you the job is done.

Seems that what is required here abouts is a Metamorphosis of Ajax for the Mind ....

~

~

The Metamophosis of Ajax A new look at a stale subject by. Sir John Harington. INTRODUCTION. Long before Thomas Crapper, there was John Harington.

~

Sir John Harington of Kelston, but baptised in London, was an English courtier, author and ... His best-known work today, A New Discourse of a Stale Subject, called the Metamorphosis of Ajax (1596) is a political allegory and a coded attack ...
~

Nov 20, 2014 - Harington gave full details of his flush toilet in his book A New Discourse of a Stale Subject, called the Metamorphosis of Ajax, which I have ...

~

• Like 1

saving that one for later.

Harte

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

No, not at all!

To stay within the analogy, I'd describe Hawking radiation as a confirmation message.
Like when you empty you computers recycle bin, it plays a sound to tell you the job is done.

A study will be, or may have already been, published regarding how particles not past the event horizon become excited. It's quite interesting however it demonstrates how and why your new thought on the topic is incorrect.

Basically there is a premise that around black-holes virtual particles can or do become 'real' particles due to the extreme curvature of space-time and gravity, possibly strong electric forces too. 

But anyways, dismissal of information past the event horizon isn't something we should do.

On 31/1/2019 at 10:06 AM, danydandan said:

But anyways, dismissal of information past the event horizon isn't something we should do.

Agree. It is just a suggestion. Needs more work to become a thesis.

I can't think of any way a black hole could be a shortcut for a coded universe.

Harte

15 minutes ago, Harte said:

Harte

The idea is kind of crazy.

21 hours ago, Harte said:

21 hours ago, danydandan said:

The idea is kind of crazy.

Do you agree that it would take a lot of processing power to simulate a star (down to particle level of course)?

And would you agree that for each star that is removed from said processing, there is less work to compute?

Less work is equal to a shortcut. Isn't it?

Black holes are information "dead ends" (to the observer), so in a simulation they would not need to be processed, besides the gravity field (which should be quite simple).

Oh, the gravity is "quite simple," eh?

That explains it.

I would think that coding for a star would be just as simple. If not, why not?

Harte

3 minutes ago, Harte said:

I would think that coding for a star would be just as simple. If not, why not?

Maybe because of the chaos of lose particles and because of fusion?

You don't like the idea, I get it, so let's just leave it. The guys on scienceforums.net were much more positive, so at least someone appreciates it.

The chaos coding is necessary anyway for other applications, so not really a shortcut.

Harte

• Haha 1