Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Coffee or Tea of the Day

HandsomeGorilla

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I typically get McD's coffee, but I'm thinking of giving up both coffee and tea this year. Too much sugar.

I enjoy both with either a little bit of sugar free sweetener or none at all.   I cannot do McD's coffee, though.  Makes my stomach upset.  

If you're looking to control blood sugar levels or simply trying to consume less sugar, stevia and Splenda (sucralose) are your safer options. Stevia is probably the best as it has zero impact on blood glucose for MOST people; in fact, in some, it actually lowers blood sugar. Splenda is another fairly safe option but it does have a small impact, plus most preparations contain other fillers like dextrose and maltodextrin. I stay away from aspartame (equal) and saccharin (sweet n low). Then you have your sugar alcohols like xylitol and erythritol, but they can be pretty expensive.

Obviously the safest option is to add nothing at all, but I know you don't like bland coffee. 

Holiday Blend in the new French press from one of my favorite coffee and baked goodie shops this morning; Ally and Eloise on Main Street, Columbia, South Carolina. 

http://www.allyandeloise.com/

The sweetest, most helpful girls in the world work in there. I drop in there to flirt and sexy up the place, and sometimes get freebies. Walton's Famous Cheesecake is a must have if you love a medium density cheesecake. Sour cream topping. Candied pecans baked into the crust. **** yes.

Feeling like crap, so it's peppermint, lemon, ginger and chamomile tea for me tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Morning - Illy Espresso in the French press; dash of heavy cream, stevia, pink salt.

Mid morning and afternoon - Peet's French Roast in the French press; stevia, pink salt.

Both are some of the best one can buy off the store shelf. Peet's French roast is a very dark, very, VERY bold roast for the true coffee lover. But it's only for people who actually like coffee that tastes like coffee; apparently most people who drink coffee really don't. 

GRRR wrong thread but why does everyone get bounced to the wrong page when they log in to comment, TARDS CODERS SLACKER AND NOT TESTING THAT`S WHY ! I'd SAY A MAN THING BUT Thats going too far.  Okay ... now for the tea

HA!

Naturally its something close to OOOOOOoolong, but if that isn't handy or like right now I can't buy it from my favourite lovely local marketeer then I can suffice with 'Good Earth' ~ Spice something.

I hate tea, obviously a Brit thing and I just have to add TG ! for cream and sugar!

Today it will be a Long Island Ice Tea......

Perfect for a HOT day.

• 1 month later...

Just a cup of black coffee in the morning. French roast, strong. 

I’ve been trying to cut back on my caffeine intake late in the day since I have trouble falling asleep. 

You may wonder why I haven't revisited my own thread. The answer is simple, I quit caffeine :lol: At least temporarily, I'm taking a break. I felt some adrenal fatigue and cortisol levels felt constantly high, so I'm off the caffeine for a minute. Others who feel like no amount of coffee is ever enough may want to consider taking a break every now and again, as well.

I have had of late a taste for tea. Which I might add is contradictory to my healthy coffee obsession... Lol

• Like 1

I'm trying to cut down on nut/plant milks so this morning I had biodynamic hibiscus tea made with spring water ...... I'm hooked! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

- Unsweetened black coffee: one mug right after getting up, one mug right after lunch.

- Herbal tea once in a while, after dinner: thyme + organic green tea/mint. The stronger, the better.

Coffee:

95070.jpg

Thyme herbal tea:

3256226385071_A_1267810_S01.png?sw=400&s

Organic green tea/mint:

the-vert-menthe-intense-bio.jpg

• 1 month later...

Today I started with hot cocoa, my usual - unsweetened cocoa powder, powdered milk, hot water and a little regular whole milk to cool it down.  Now I am fixing a big glass of ice tea using PG tips tea bag.  Some days I have a cola, Blue Sky with real sugar or CocaCola when I get take out.  I used to dring 2 quarts of tea a day but I got some twitches that went away when I cut back on the tea. 

Edited by Desertrat56

• 1 month later...

chamomile tea.

I've drastically reduced my caffeine intake and feel awesome because of it. Withdrawals were minimal, but I went from nearly 1200mg caffeine a day, often more, to about 100-200mg a day. Cortisol levels are noticeably lower. 

I do still drink decaf green tea quite a lot for the EGCG, metabolic boost and antioxidants, then hibiscus tea before bed due to it being a natural source of melatonin. Either that or Extra Strength Sleepy Time tea, which is chamomile plus valerian root. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Not Your Huckleberry said:

I've drastically reduced my caffeine intake and feel awesome because of it. Withdrawals were minimal, but I went from nearly 1200mg caffeine a day, often more, to about 100-200mg a day. Cortisol levels are noticeably lower. 

I do still drink decaf green tea quite a lot for the EGCG, metabolic boost and antioxidants, then hibiscus tea before bed due to it being a natural source of melatonin. Either that or Extra Strength Sleepy Time tea, which is chamomile plus valerian root. 

This is my second week of going coffee free.

I use to drink insane amounts of coffee so out or curiosity of how it would affect me, and to prove to myself I'm not an addict, I decide to go 3 months without copy.

Instead I have just been drinking green tea.

Not going to lie I have really wanted a cup of coffee lol

10 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

This is my second week of going coffee free.

I use to drink insane amounts of coffee so out or curiosity of how it would affect me, and to prove to myself I'm not an addict, I decide to go 3 months without copy.

Instead I have just been drinking green tea.

Not going to lie I have really wanted a cup of coffee lol

Coffee has less caffeine than tea.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Coffee has less caffeine than tea.

That's 100 percent not true lol