Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Great Pyramid Chamber Positions

On 7/15/2018 at 6:03 PM, kmt_sesh said:

I have a sinking suspicion that the excerpt from the Book of the Dead that Bennu pulled comes from Budge. Ew. Most posters are not going to know that you don't want to use Budge's work, and yet with no copyrights because it's so old, his work is everywhere,

It's from a 1903 translation, done by Edouard Naville apparently.

Here's a link - same text, different website:

Proceedings of the Society of Biblical Archaeology, Volume 25 1903

It's about halfway down the page.

Harte

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bennu said:

But where did THEY get the idea? Just out of thin air huh? Just started freelancing asterism names for kicks?

A great deal of astrological stuff in Egypt dating to Cleopatra's time, came from the Greeks.

23 hours ago, Bennu said:

But where did THEY get the idea? Just out of thin air huh? Just started freelancing asterism names for kicks?

From the Babylonians.  Earlier versions of the star tables don't show a knife asterism.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kmt_sesh said:

A great deal of astrological stuff in Egypt dating to Cleopatra's time, came from the Greeks.

Okay fine, thanks for the info. Anyway, the asterism does match up well to the KC, and coffer position within it. Coincidence? Possible. But then every attempt at explaining the positions could be attributed to coincidence too. For instance, John Legon said that they are simply on the diagonal of a 1:2 rectangle. Yes they are, but it could be simple coincidence. Literally anything about the GP could be coincidence, since we have no way at all to know for sure, until someone digs up a blueprint.

Maybe a look much further back might give some insights ...

~

1024px-Calendar_aswan.JPG

~

Nabta Playa was once a large internally drained basin in the Nubian Desert, located approximately 800 kilometers south of modern-day Cairo[1] or about 100 kilometers west of Abu Simbel in southern Egypt,[2] 22.51° north, 30.73° east.[3] Today the region is characterized by numerous archaeological sites.[2]

~

~

Identifying the Ancient Egyptian Constellations - Sino-Platonic Papers

sino-platonic.org/complete/spp253_ancient_egyptian_constellations.pdf
by A Berio - ‎Related articles

Dec 28, 2014 - You should also check our Web site at www.sino-platonic.org, ... hypothetical identification of 36 ancient Egyptian constellations (table 2).

~

Egyptian Astronomy - History of Astronomy - Explorable.com

The Ancient Egyptians made many great advances in science and ... Within the Great Pyramids are southern facing airshafts that point to the star Sirius, with its ... our permission to copy the article; just include a link/reference back to this page.

~

[PDF]CHAPTER 6 THE CONSTELLATIONS OF ANCIENT EGYPT

www.iac.es/proyecto/arqueoastronomia/media/Belmonte_Shaltout_Chapter_6.pdf

century by Le Page Renouf. This equivalence is ... Highly probable identifications of ancient Egyptian stars, asterisms or constellations, in approximately ...

~

Ancient Egyptian Calendar Reveals Earliest Record of 'Demon Star'

https://www.space.com › Science & Astronomy

May 31, 2012 - The Cairo Calendar from ancient Egypt may be the earliest record of a ... Ancient Egyptians may have chronicled the flickering of a star known as ... This article was provided by LiveScience.com, a sister site of SPACE.com.

~

• Like 1

Well, this was unexpected. Seems to add support to my Red and Bent Pyramids theory. Guess they were a bunch of Seth worshipers or something. This may explain the odd angle between those two pyramids, which is the same as the Red Pyramid slope and, if I recall, the top part of the Bent Pyramid, 43 22' something or other. An angle which kept popping up but was completely  unexplained until now.

okn32v.jpg

Edited by Bennu

2 hours ago, Bennu said:

This one was less obvious.

2rzudsz.jpg

You have to be assuming that everyone reading this is stupid. You also must be independently wealthy and have absolutely nothing to do with your time except mess with people.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Gaden said:

You have to be assuming that everyone reading this is stupid. You also must be independently wealthy and have absolutely nothing to do with your time except mess with people.

No, just one person. Of course anymore who calls himself something with the syllable Ga in it is a genius, so I can't be referring to you. Keep guessing, hahaha.

Edited by Bennu

On 7/25/2018 at 9:04 AM, Bennu said:

Well, this was unexpected. Seems to add support to my Red and Bent Pyramids theory. Guess they were a bunch of Seth worshipers or something. This may explain the odd angle between those two pyramids, which is the same as the Red Pyramid slope and, if I recall, the top part of the Bent Pyramid, 43 22' something or other. An angle which kept popping up but was completely  unexplained until now.

okn32v.jpg

I think it just proves you can map anything to anything. 

In order to prove this, you need to show that the Egyptians thought of this as a constellation, then show that they thought of it as an important asterism (with text and art showing it), and finally show that they used this schema in other important places.

We know from their art and architecture that there were design elements they considered very important because they're repeated again and again and referenced in texts.  The association of temple pylons with the symbol for "horizon" is quite well known.

However, mapping something with our version of a modern sky chart doesn't prove a thing.  Since there are just two pyramids there, you could adjust and map them to any TWO stars in the sky... or any three... or any eighteen if you liked.  We could adjust the Big Dipper to fit that, along with all the other constellations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bennu said:

No, just one person. Of course anymore who calls himself something with the syllable Ga in it is a genius, so I can't be referring to you. Keep guessing, hahaha.

You should stop and think about what you're saying.

That is, I think everyone alive knows that you can map two dots to two other dots.

Harte

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Harte said:

You should stop and think about what you're saying.

That is, I think everyone alive knows that you can map two dots to two other dots.

Harte

I was tempted to do the same thing in Chicago with a couple of McDonald's, to prove the existence of the Cult of Ronald.

But that'd be too much work.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, kmt_sesh said:

I was tempted to do the same thing in Chicago with a couple of McDonald's, to prove the existence of the Cult of Ronald.

But that'd be too much work.

I was thinking of doing the same thing with the Southern Cross; but, I couldn't think of how I'd clean my computer afterwards.

I have a new thing here, how the two slope angles of the Bent Pyramid can be obtained from the stars of Scorpius. The Red Pyramid slope angle is the same as the upper slope of the Bent Pyramid. I found that it works best when the lowest star in Scorpius is a little above the horizon line in the program. This would be due to local viewing conditions. It wouldn't be right on the zero altitude line in real life. The 54 degree angle is a little higher than the reported angle. They may have settled for a close match which could be made by a simple ratio. Of course, this is all just things that may or may not be coincidental. It's just something to do to pass time really. I'm not making people buy a book to see it or anything. Nobody could ever prove how the pyramids were designed, including all supposed experts. By the way, the Great Pyramid slope can be obtained from the very end of the Scorpius tail, the top star and the end star. A similar angle is from the same top star to the star at the bottom of the vertical section of the tail, going leftward from the top star, rather than right as with the red line.

The reason for the Giza kings to have an interest in Scorpius is that it represented Set/Seth, who would be at the front of the solar barque as it journeyed through the underworld. Set was the only god who could kill Apep, the snake. After killing Apep, Set was thrown out of the barque by Ra and the others for bragging about it. The Sphinx watches for Ra to safely emerge on the eastern horizon. Set was said to live in the northern sky but apparently he was able to leave nightly for this task. Either that or he was chained up to the northern pole by Taweret after the part where he got thrown out by Ra, who knows?

67ulae.jpg

Edited by Bennu

1 hour ago, Bennu said:

I have a new thing here, how the two slope angles of the Bent Pyramid can be obtained from the stars of Scorpius. The Red Pyramid slope angle is the same as the upper slope of the Bent Pyramid. I found that it works best when the lowest star in Scorpius is a little above the horizon line in the program. This would be due to local viewing conditions. It wouldn't be right on the zero altitude line in real life. The 54 degree angle is a little higher than the reported angle. They may have settled for a close match which could be made by a simple ratio. Of course, this is all just things that may or may not be coincidental. It's just something to do to pass time really. I'm not making people buy a book to see it or anything. Nobody could ever prove how the pyramids were designed, including all supposed experts. By the way, the Great Pyramid slope can be obtained from the very end of the Scorpius tail, the top star and the end star. A similar angle is from the same top star to the star at the bottom of the vertical section of the tail, going leftward from the top star, rather than right as with the red line.

The reason for the Giza kings to have an interest in Scorpius is that it represented Set/Seth, who would be at the front of the solar barque as it journeyed through the underworld. Set was the only god who could kill Apep, the snake. After killing Apep, Set was thrown out of the barque by Ra and the others for bragging about it. The Sphinx watches for Ra to safely emerge on the eastern horizon. Set was said to live in the northern sky but apparently he was able to leave nightly for this task. Either that or he was chained up to the northern pole by Taweret after the part where he got thrown out by Ra, who knows?

67ulae.jpg

You've got to be kidding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bennu said:

67ulae.jpg

hi Bennu

How would that relate to their position at the time of the construction of the pyramids? I think that you may need to do some more serious consideration of how you are making these assumptions before presenting them as possible.

jmccr8

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bennu said:

67ulae.jpg

Or it could be that this is the angle that gives the most stable building of that height.  They tried several different angles... but you may not know this.

Your "solar barque" story makes NO sense.

* Set was never represented by the scorpion
* the scorpion is a goddess named Selket and she's a healer
* the solar barque story wasn't in existence at the time of the pyramids
* At the time of the pyramids,therefore, Set wasn't killing Apep from the bow of the boat
* Bragging is not one of the great sins to the Egyptians (see Ramesses II, etc)
* and anyway, when you look at their collections of constellations, there's no scorpion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bennu, if you're going to go digging though random websites about ancient Egypt, at least take the time to learn applicable timeframes and cultural developments and changes. The points in Kenemet's post above are dead-on/

• Like 1

I was making sure people were on their toes, that's all. Kenemet gets a gold star. Admittedly, the Scorpius Correlation could predate the Seth myth. Awfully "coincidental" that there was a solar barque buried by the Great Pyramid though. Maybe your dating methods are less than ideal. Was he gonna go for a boat ride in the Nile, when he was dead? Only one place you can go with a solar barque when you're dead. That's right, the Netherworld of the Duat, LOOK OUT FOR THAT SNAKE!

Edited by Bennu

11 hours ago, Bennu said:

I was making sure people were on their toes, that's all. Kenemet gets a gold star.

Why, thank you kindly.

Admittedly, the Scorpius Correlation could predate the Seth myth.

It doesn't.  The identification of the scorpion asterism is much later.  The Seth myth is at least early fourth dynasty (and possibly much earlier)

Awfully "coincidental" that there was a solar barque buried by the Great Pyramid though. Maybe your dating methods are less than ideal. Was he gonna go for a boat ride in the Nile, when he was dead? Only one place you can go with a solar barque when you're dead. That's right, the Netherworld of the Duat, LOOK OUT FOR THAT SNAKE!

Yes, the solar barque buried by the GP was indeed for use in the afterlife... just as other grave goods found in pyramids and tombs were for use in the afterlife.  It's a practice that continued for thousands of years.