Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Granite Sarcophagus Discovered in Egypt

The Caspian Hare

2 minutes ago, susieice said:

I just can't imagine anyone wanting to drink that stinky slim. I'm surprised they weren't complaining about it being thrown out in the street. I wouldn't want whatever was in it laying around my neighborhood either. I realize it likely evaporated quickly, but what did it leave behind? I don't understand some people at all.

Talk about a "biohazard". Sewage, or possibly even liquefied human remains, were carelessly dumped on to the local street. I hope the excavation and discovery isn't being done with such little regard.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Talk about a "biohazard". Sewage, or possibly even liquefied human remains, were carelessly dumped on to the local street. I hope the excavation and discovery isn't being done with such little regard.

Agreed. Hopefully someone with real experience in archaeology is working on this. It's a site that need careful examination.

This article is from 2 days ago. As of now, 16,000 people have signed a petition to drink this liquid.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/archaeology/a22506260/whats-inside-2000-year-old-mystery-sarcophagus/

From the link:

Now, almost 7,500 people have signed a change.org petition requesting to drink the sewage liquid from the ancient sarcophagus. Experts suggest that this is not a good idea. Sewage contains potentially dangerous microorganisms, including viruses, bacteria and other pathogen. Some bacteria can form endospores, which can survive in decaying specimens for thousands, or even millions of years, microbiologist Rolf Halden, a professor and director of the Center for Environmental Health Engineering at Arizona State University's Biodesign Institute, told Livescience.

And they threw this into the street. OK....Click on the petition and 19,600 have signed. :blink:

Edited by susieice

Okay, first off, what a ridiculous idea. That would make you seriously ill, if not outright kill you. Who knows what kind of ancient bacteria and viruses could be lurking in there. Second of all- most of it was already bailed out onto the streets. Thirdly, let's be real here; it's not sewage water, it's liquefied, putrid human remains. If it was sewage, there would have been a smell present from the outside, a break in the seal, or a hole in the sarcophogus. And four... This whole thing is just weird. Why are three unnamed, unmummified people in a 30 metric ton plain black granite box that would have had to have been quarried in Aswan, all the way down the Nile river?

• Like 1

There seemed to be an awful lot of fluid in there. I'm not sure three decomposed bodies would leave that amount of fluid. Unless of course they were an Egyptian version of Sumo wrestlers. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Stiff said:

There seemed to be an awful lot of fluid in there. I'm not sure three decomposed bodies would leave that amount of fluid. Unless of course they were an Egyptian version of Sumo wrestlers. 

Makes you wonder what that fluid is, doesn't it. I'm not thinking it's sewage like they said.

Quote from Bunzilla:

If it was sewage, there would have been a smell present from the outside, a break in the seal, or a hole in the sarcophogus. 

Yes, unless it was being piped in and not sitting in a sewer leak of some type.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1

One does not have to wonder why such ridiculous actions occur. Rather recognize that in a normal statistical distribution of the population, for the half of the population that is above average in intelligence, there is the corresponding half that is below average in intelligence.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

It's official. People really are crazy.

• Like 4

I have a SodaStream machine that will add fizz to that 1000 year old poop.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 11:52 AM, UFOwatcher said:

It's official. People really are crazy.

This link is several days old, but almost 28,000 people have signed the petition. You can open the petition in the link. That's crazy! Meanwhile, nothing more has been released.

https://www.wthr.com/article/thousands-sign-petition-drink-liquid-found-inside-2000-year-old-sarcophagus

Edited by susieice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chortle said:

This smacks of 4chan.

Click on the link. This petition is real, unfortunately.

I arrive very late to this thread. I've enjoyed reading it .... it's fascinating! Thank you to all the posters who've brought so much background stuff to the story. :tsu:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, susieice said:

Click on the link. This petition is real, unfortunately.

Its real; I was meaning to point that comment at the high volume of respondents :) smacks of either 4chan or reddit users having a laugh.

• Like 1

Drinking the Sarcophagus Soup kills you. Or gives you amazing superpowers. But mostly it kills you.

• Haha 3

This sarcophagus was opened two weeks ago. Surely the analysis of the liquid found inside is finished by now, or at least a lot of it. Still, no release of information from the Antiquities Dept. My curiosity is overwhelming. I wonder when they will make this public.

On ‎14‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 7:09 PM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I wonder if the tomb of a "Shasu" the Egyptian equivalent of a giant race from the land of Canaan. They were described as being 4-5 cubits or 6'10" to 8'7". The Bible isn't the only text that describes large men in Canaan. The Craft of the Scribe(c. 1250 BC

So far none of them have been giant.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I buy that it is sewage water. If there was sewage water in the stone sarcophagus, then wouldn't there have been signs of sewage all around the sarcophagus? It looked like regular hard dry packed desert dirt to me. You'd think at least there'd be red tinged dirt/sand surrounding the sarcophagus.

liquid-inside-mystery-sarcophagus-only-s

On 7/31/2018 at 9:16 AM, susieice said:

This sarcophagus was opened two weeks ago. Surely the analysis of the liquid found inside is finished by now, or at least a lot of it. Still, no release of information from the Antiquities Dept. My curiosity is overwhelming. I wonder when they will make this public.

Seems like the "Egyptian Scientists" called it poop water and everyone just decided to say, "Well, OK then....."

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Seems like the "Egyptian Scientists" called it poop water and everyone just decided to say, "Well, OK then....."

I know. I just can't accept this as sewage. It would have been in the soil around the sarcophagus also if that was the case. It wouldn't have only gone inside it. That makes no sense at all to me. They must really think we're stupid.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing. They must have learned something by now <_<

• Like 2

And 0 answers  <_<