Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mexico plans new border police force

The Caspian Hare

After months of Donald Trump’s controversial clampdown on immigration, Mexico’s President-elect Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador is planning his own border police force to stop undocumented immigrants, drugs and guns from crossing into the country from Central America, his future chief of public security said.

Picked by Lopez Obrador, Alfonso Durazo stressed that the new force would be part of a larger regional development effort to ease the poverty and violence that lead so many Central Americans to cross into Mexico. The police corps will be sizable, he said, and will be deployed to Mexico’s northern border as well. He declined to offer more specifics as the details are still being decided.

"We’re going to create a border police force that will be highly specialized," Durazo said in an interview. "They need to apply the law," including stopping undocumented migrants and human traffickers from crossing into Mexico, which Durazo says often takes place with the help of corrupt officials.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-09/security-on-mexican-borders-to-get-new-force-but-not-from-trump

Edited by The Caspian Hare
clarify title
  • Like 2

I guess Mexico figures that if they can't pass through to the US anymore better to stop them at the Central American border instead of letting them stay in Mexico.

• Like 1

Don't they understand that Central Americans are fleeing poverty and are coming to Mexico for a better life? Why is that a crime? Do Mexicans hate brown people?

This thread will full of jokes about border control and rightly so: the hypocrisy deserves to be mocked. Any other country controls it's borders and the world acts like they are digging trenches for power lines. Nothing out of the ordinary...

I wonder how Mexican authorities deal with families coming in?

• Like 5

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

But that's racist.

You know I had added that, then removed it because of aztek's reply below.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aztek said:

not when a Mexican doing it,

Only white people are racist!

• Like 3

I'm always disgusted when the issue of stopping illegal entry into our nation results in cries of "Racism!"

Mexican isn't a race.  And before some says "Hispanic", that's not a race.  As we saw when George Zimmerman shot a violent assailant, Hispanics can be "White".

Ditto with the travel ban: Syria, Somalia, Venezuela, Iran, Libya, Yemen, North Korea are not "races".

Middle Eastern is not a race.

Arab is not a race.

• Like 1

I can see the building checkpoints just inside the US border and keeping out the people the US rejects just to see the egg on thr US’ face when the “stateless people crisis” kicks off.