Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Miss Meeseeks

Sharing some of my art

5 posts in this topic

Miss Meeseeks

Greetings everyone,

How are you today? So today I've decided to share some of my most 'better' art with you guys as one of my interests is drawing and pretty much anything to do with Arts and Crafts. So I've provided some pictures and I'll explain each and every image I've provided here as well. 

1. First one is the cartoon challenge that I taken an interest in where you have to draw yourself in many different cartoon styles as you can. So at the moment as a therapic method I'm creating a comic to help me express my thoughts and emotions whether positive and or negative. For this I've tried to cartoon myself and then drawn using eleven different cartoon styles to see what style suited me best. I personally liked all the styles but for copyright purposes I guess I'll need to stick with my own style if I do upload the comic. 
  2. The second one is inspired by a Christmas card cut out of a dove which I wanted to recreate. First off I drawn the dove and then I used four different blue shades of eyeshadow for the shading effect. When I colour things in such as this creation I don't particularly like using colouring in pencils as it sometimes wrecks the appeal of the drawing. I thought I'd be creative and use another medium which was eyeshadow that I was given as a Christmas present. I don't particularly wear makeup myself so I thought why not use it in my art XD.
  3. Last one is a fan art for the celebration of the release of 13 Reasons Why season 2 of the main character which is Hannah. I decided to get into the boat and summit my own art to widen my audience and show off my talent..when it comes to drawings like this I particularly like to use a black pen of some sort to finish the drawing off. I think the black and white is more appealing to the eye and that this way it allows the observer to use their imagination and to come up with ways as to what the colour palette could possibly be. 

Thats all for now, but if I've finished any other artwork UM will be the first to see them before I release them onto my Quotev. Thank you for reading.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Piney

Art is a very good therapy. I use to carve with a chainsaw but I gave my art up. 

• Like 2

Miss Meeseeks
18 minutes ago, Piney said:

Art is a very good therapy. I use to carve with a chainsaw but I gave my art up. 

Indeed, as the saying goes 'actions r louder then words'

• Haha 1

Kenemet

You've got nice clean lines - those bedevil me, and I'm much impressed with the smooth linework.  I like the subtle colors - never thought to use eyeshadow!

Have you tried colored chalk?  Used with a brush or q-tip, it gives kind of the same effect.

Edited by Kenemet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Miss Meeseeks
37 minutes ago, Kenemet said:

You've got nice clean lines - those bedevil me, and I'm much impressed with the smooth linework.  I like the subtle colors - never thought to use eyeshadow!

Have you tried colored chalk?  Used with a brush or q-tip, it gives kind of the same effect.

I've been practicing a lot with my lines as I'm used to not having a ruler or something I could use as a guide :tsu:  and overall thank you for the feedback this has made my day and I'll try and invest in some coloured chalk as well and again thank you for the suggestion it's much appreciated. 

• Like 1