Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Roadkill Gnome

openozy

About 35 years ago I was going on a hunting trip in western NSW.About 4am I was driving to my camping site when I noticed what I thought was a fox eating a dead roo on the roadside.As I approached it became clear it was no fox but a gnome like creature looking like a 2foot tall wrinkled old man.I hit the anchors as I passed and went to get out and go back and check it out,but got an feeling of dread which saw me speeding away from it.Has anyone experienced this type of thing before?Years later a friends daughter saw what I think was the same creature in the area at night.

• Like 4

And you could see this at 4 am?

25 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

And you could see this at 4 am?

In the headlights mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, openozy said:

In the headlights mate.

So did you get a closer look or is this just what you could see in the headlights? How could you tell all this with limited vision?

Edited by Rlyeh

19 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

So did you get a closer look or is this just what you could see in the headlights? How could you tell all this with limited vision?

I wasn't driving fast to start with and got a good look in the high beam.I saw it from about a 5m distance.The only thing I can think it looked like was a very nasty garden gnome,it looked me in the eye despite being lit up by the driving lights.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, openozy said:

I wasn't driving fast to start with and got a good look in the high beam.I saw it from about a 5m distance.The only thing I can think it looked like was a very nasty garden gnome,it looked me in the eye despite being lit up by the driving lights.

So it looked at you too? Was it wearing clothes?

No clothes, just hairless body.

3 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

So it looked at you too? Was it wearing clothes?

You’ve got some crazy stories @openozy!

Any chance of just a dot-point summary of the different experiences? To start with...

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, openozy said:

No clothes, just hairless body.

What makes you think it wasn't an animal with a skin condition?

Don't know where to start,probably as a 3year old seeing shadow panthers,but have 52 years since of weird stuff.I'm writing as they come back to me.Pretty sure I'm not insane and are genuine things that have happened.Never spoken of them much to the general public.

6 minutes ago, Timothy said:

You’ve got some crazy stories @openozy!

Any chance of just a dot-point summary of the different experiences? To start with...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

What makes you think it wasn't an animal with a skin condition?

I;ve spent a life time in the bush and owning a lot of different animals,this wasn't a mangy fox or cat.

Just now, openozy said:

I;ve spent a life time in the bush and owning a lot of different animals,this wasn't a mangy fox or cat.

Yet you saw this at 4am with the car lights. That's not going to give an accurate view.

You see something like that,beleive me you take it all in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, openozy said:

Humans are extremely fallible, that’s the main issue here. Age can also add to that fallibility.

Stories from when you were ~3 years old, and now being ~55+, you need to realize that the accuracy of what you’re posting will definitely be in question. Especially without any evidence.

What’s your most recent occurrence of anything like this?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, openozy said:

Rubbish, humans have limited vision at night. Even with the lights on, your perception is still negatively affected.

You've only convinced yourself you saw a gnome eating roadkill.

2 hours ago, Timothy said:

Humans are extremely fallible, that’s the main issue here. Age can also add to that fallibility.

Stories from when you were ~3 years old, and now being ~55+, you need to realize that the accuracy of what you’re posting will definitely be in question. Especially without any evidence.

What’s your most recent occurrence of anything like this?

I question it myself all the time,it is unbelievable all this stuff but I know its real to me and on some occasions, with other people.Most things happened in my 20's less now but see,hear spirits,entities quite often still.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Rubbish, humans have limited vision at night. Even with the lights on, your perception is still negatively affected.

No,I did see that creature and so did my friends daughter in the same area about 15 years later,they knew nothing of my sighting till after the girl saw it.As I've said before I don't care if people believe me,not here to prove anything,just here to tell my experiences and see if anyone has had similar so I may understand it better.If your not interested in my stuff don't bother with it.

• Like 4

Let me guess your friends daughter saw it at night too? Where is this area?

3 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Do you ever have anything nice to say? You must have a horrible life that your treat people the way you do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Do you ever have anything nice to say? You must have a horrible life that your treat people the way you do.

Facts aren't nice especially if you can't accept them, such as the fact that human vision is poor at night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rlyeh said:

Facts aren't nice especially if you can't accept them, such as the fact that human vision is poor at night.

Well human vision is poor in general but it can be hard to see at night. Do you think you only know facts and that everything you believe is true?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Well human vision is poor in general but it can be hard to see at night. Do you think you only know facts and that everything you believe is true?

I know for a fact human vision is poor at night even with car lights on.

2 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

I know for a fact human vision is poor at night even with car lights on.

Well I agree with you on that. But that don't mean there wasn't something there out of the ordinary.

13 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

Well I agree with you on that. But that don't mean there wasn't something there out of the ordinary.

Because some guy 35 years ago saw something at 4 am in the car head lights and got scared?

There are a lot of reasons why what he saw may have not been what actually happened.