Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Eerie space sounds recorded around Saturn

8 posts in this topic

Imaginarynumber1

Saturn is objectively the best planet in our system.

oldrover

It's got that 50's B picture vibe about if. Really interesting. 

• Like 1

Stiff

So THAT'S where Rush got the idea for the intro of 2112. I knew it!

• Haha 1

Seti42

Sounds like dark ambient drone music. Or maybe dark ambient drone music sounds like Saturn.

• Like 1

DirtyDocMartens

But this isn’t the actual phenomenon, right? It’s an audio representation of it? Could you just as well represent it as visible colors? I really don’t understand it, any assistance would be appreciated.

Hammerclaw
3 hours ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

But this isn’t the actual phenomenon, right? It’s an audio representation of it? Could you just as well represent it as visible colors? I really don’t understand it, any assistance would be appreciated.

It's the actual electromagnetic emanations converted to sound, the same way a conventional artificial audio signal is converted to sound. We've had these sorts of recordings since Voyager.                                                                                                             

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Waspie_Dwarf
18 hours ago, DirtyDocMartens said:

If you are listening to the radio during a storm you will hear noise when there is lightning. It isn't actually the sound of the lightning you are hearing, but it is a direct result of the electromagnetic discharge of the lightning. Same thing here.

• Thanks 1