Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World warming in 2002 'near record'

Kira

It continued a warming trend that has set records for the last five years. Only 1998 was warmer.

The planet is now 0.6 Celsius warmer than in 1900, an increase that scientists attribute to human activity.

Researchers say even a fractional boost in average temperatures has significant consequences for the health of the planet.

user posted image View: Full Article | Source: BBC NEWS

Edited by SaRuMaN

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Loonboy

• Kira

• SpaceyKC

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Global warming is a natural phenomenon, although part of that increase is most likely attributed to human activity. Does anybody really know if there is a way of determining how much of an impact humans have on global warming, because there is nothing we can compare it with? There is no reference point.

I don't know a lot about the science of this suggestion, but if there is a gap in

the ozone layer that is growing (slightly off on a tangent, but hey, go with it),

why can't the governments of the world club together and start manufacturing

ozone and pumping it up there at the poles?

smile.gif

Because there is only one company in the world that has the technology to manufacture and pump up ozone, and they have a patent until December 21st, 2012

Currently their monopoly on the industry is holding out for more money, and although it would only cost them $24.95 to restore the ozone, they are demanding $750 trillion.

The company I am referring to is the ACME Ozone Manufacturing Co., which is a division of ACME Ozone Pumping Co., which is a division of ACME Ozone Co., which is a division of ACME.

I am personally selling my ACME stock, in protest to their business practices, and recommend the rest of you do the same. smile.gif

laugh.gif I couldn’t help it.

Did you check out the date? The supposed date the Mayan’s believe will end the earth’s current cycle.

strange that people worry so much about global warming when the runoff from cars/animal farming/industry has already poisoned our water supply to record levels. personally, i believe that will be the issue that comes to change the public's mind about the environment. global warming will take too long to show up.

I have to say that global warming doesn't bother me as much as the damn pollen increase this year ugh my allergies are killing me.

And when the oceans rise with the rise in the earth’s temperature, and our state of Florida is underwater, we can simply move inland.

Living in a huge country is cool cool.gif

rolleyes.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif @ Homer....above post and previous one.

The answer to all our problems on Earth is twofold:

1. Remove two thirds of the population of humans.

2. Plant more trees.

Voilla.

tongue.gif

wink.gif Hmmm Good Plan LB........ Just wondering...

the thing is how would go about removing 2 thirds of the population? would we draw straws???? unsure.gif

Or we could put two thirds of the worlds population on a medium sized island(without natural resources) and they could all fight to the death. Last person standing wins the right to join the one third that lives. smile.gif

Gladiators are cool cool.gif

But then that still leaves the question of who goes on the island huh.gif

I allready live on a small Island. Don't condemn me because I don't believe in little green men . sad.gif There grey I tell you grey blink.gif

I'm reall good at paper, scissors , rock smile.gif

On a post we had recently we discussed something similar to this . Where I posted something about scientists discovering a hotter period that lasted 800 years in the dark ages . Global warming is a natural event . We are apperently in the begginings of a new Ice age according to the walking with dinosaurs narrator. So who do you believe.

All I know is we fill up landfills when we don't have to , we graze stock and cattle on water ways , we use unnessisary toxins , as we only have one Earth we do need to look after it better .

Or we could put two thirds of the worlds population on a medium sized island(without natural resources) and they could all fight to the death. Last person standing wins the right to join the one third that lives. smile.gif

*lol* Sounds a lot like another Japanese classic ~ Battle Royal biggrin.gif

Termites are the problem. Here is an excerpt from a highly classified document:

What kind of animal has the highest worldwide output of flatulence?

Believe it or not, the animal that wins this honor is the humble termite. Because of their diet and digestive processes (with more than the usual microbial assistance), they produce as much methane as human industry. Termite farts are believed to be a major contributor towards global warming.

user posted image