Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

[Solved] ‘Scheduled maintenance’ message

Timothy

How do I fix this? 

My iPhone; 3x different browsers had the same message, my PC has the same message, through multiple browsers also. 

Is there a simple fix? 

We've moved servers, which means the various domain name servers across the globe have to update with the new IP information.

Unfortunately there's no way to expedite this process and how long it takes will depend on where you are and what your ISP is.

Typically speaking though everyone should be seeing the new server within the next 24 hours or so.

If you see the maintenance page (for more than a few minutes) - it means you are seeing the old server.

If you able to access the forum, you are seeing the new one.

• Thanks 4

• The title was changed to ‘Scheduled maintenance’ message

You do realize you moved the servers through the solar eclipse?

Since the server change I keep getting an intermittent "403 Forbidden" message.

Anyone else?

6 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Since the server change I keep getting an intermittent "403 Forbidden" message.

Anyone else?

As with all things ....... it will pass.

:lol:

• Thanks 1

I had to use tunnelbear to get here. Not good.

Harte

Thanks, a friend who lives close by had access to the forums while I was unable to access them. 

Started to get anxious. :su

• Like 1

It's been spotty for me all evening. I've been cycling through browsers. First my usual Safari, then Chrome, then Firefox. I kept getting 403 errors with all of them. I'm back up (for the moment?) and on Safari again. I thought I'd post in this thread before I get booted out by 403 again.

• Thanks 1

Anyone still seeing a '403 forbidden' error ?

If so, is there any other message on the screen in addition to this error ?

Just wondering .......... if people have the '403 error', would they be able to communicate that fact to you? I only ask because yesterday, when I was getting an 'error' message(not 403, although I may be mis-remembering number!), I couldn't get into UM at all.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Just wondering .......... if people have the '403 error', would they be able to communicate that fact to you? I only ask because yesterday, when I was getting an 'error' message(not 403, although I may be mis-remembering number!), I couldn't get into UM at all.

Yeah, that was the same for me. I couldn’t log in or view the forums at all. 

I was able to access the forums through a mates phone using the same WiFi which my phone and PC were connected to, which raises further questions. 

It wasn’t until hours later that I had access again on my devices. 

So it wasn’t location or IP specific. It affected multiple devices for me and multiple browsers which I hadn’t used to access UM before on iPhone and PC. However I was able to login on his phone. VPN was my next option but I didn’t have the software installed.

A bit weird, but it’s all good for me now.

Good to know that others were experiencing similar issues so we’re aware of it for future updates. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

It's possible, because depending on nameserver propagation, a user's mobile may work, but their home Internet may not (or vice versa).

As things stand however, almost everyone will now be accessing the site on the new server and I believe the 403 error has been fixed on the old server as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I seems to be satisfactory now, thanks. 

• Haha 1

* I meant it seems, not I seems. :unsure2: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

* I meant it seems, not I seems. :unsure2: 

‘it’ or IT? That would be fine too. :lol:

We can probably lock this thread now if all is currently well in the land of UM.

Yes I think we're done - as always though, let me know if you run in to any technical issues.

Thank you to everyone for your patience and apologies for the disruption.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to [Solved] ‘Scheduled maintenance’ message
  • The topic was locked