Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

If God and Satan don't exist why people....

Relam

Dropping one interesting topic to discuss:

If God and Satan don't exist why those people still worship them?

Why some elites worship satan and do all this disgusting rituals,sacrificing,rape,orgy?

31 minutes ago, Relam said:

Why some elites worship satan and do all this disgusting rituals,sacrificing,rape,orgy?

You're gonna need some citations for that assumption.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Relam said:

And obviously, you know nothing about Satanists, but merely parrot the BS that is said about them.

And "No", I am not a Satanist, but I know some people that are.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Relam said:

Dropping one interesting topic to discuss:

Remember that what is said by different people about different religions are not Necessarily true. Every opinion is influenced by perception. 

Now, your main question was why people believe in God or Satan if they don't exist.

It's a choice. U choose to believe.

As for the fact, there are many more denominations than just God and Satan that can and are being believed in. Again, their choice.

As for rituals Satanists perform? A) if u are not there seeing it don't believe everything you hear, b )even if u see it doesn't mean every satanist does it.

And for interest sake, go and explore rituals in different cultures around the world, u will be shocked to read what they do in daily life ! 

I am weary  of people, irrespective of their religion, the fact that they are human And I don't know their thoughts...that makes me careful of them. For you could be meeting a psychopathic serial killer in the fruit and Vegs section- and u wouldn't know it! 

Just saying. Religion and culture doesn't dictate actions...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Relam said:

By that logic Amaterasu exists as well, because some people in Japan worship her. And that would contradict the New Testament with God as the only deity...

Yeah...no. Real life Satanism isn't nearly that.... "spectacular". It's fragmented, but the bulk of it is an atheistic philosophy (so, most of them don't even worship Lucifer, just use it as a symbol) that has the advancement of the self and the fulfilling of one's own potential as the goal, not mindless or destructive hedonism.  It's not a philosophy I could agree or relate to, but neither is the bulk of Christianity.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

By that logic Amaterasu exists as well, because some people in Japan worship her. And that would contradict the New Testament with God as the only deity...

Actually the Bible does not states God as the only deity, it does states that it above all other deities, and so the true allmighty god, also the Bible authors contradict one another regarding the existence of other deities, and so my statement will probably be disputed as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, godnodog said:

Actually the Bible does not states God as the only deity, it does states that it above all other deities, and so the true allmighty god, also the Bible authors contradict one another regarding the existence of other deities, and so my statement will probably be disputed as well.

Only in the old testament I think, but I could be wrong, and Christianity is very hit and miss about the old testament.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, godnodog said:

That's why I specified the New Testament where he is the only deity, "actually".
Th parts where he isn't the only deity are some passages in the Old Testament that hail form a time when the ancient Hebrews were Henotheist rather than Monotheist.

It's similar to the idea of an Afterlife. Central to the world presented in the New Testament, but denied in some parts of the Old. Or Satan being any sort of enemy of God.

Edited by Orphalesion

The OT was lousy with other deities. 

Hell, the hebrews started out as polythesists before getting a major hard on for yahweh 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Maybe some people do it for the cake, and ice cream?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DebDandelion said:

I am weary of people, irrespective of their religion, the fact that they are human And I don't know their thoughts...that makes me careful of them. For you could be meeting a psychopathic serial killer in the fruit and Vegs section- and u wouldn't know it! 

Just saying. Religion and culture doesn't dictate actions...

^ ^ This. I totally agree with you. :hmm: 

8 hours ago, Jodie.Lynne said:

And obviously, you know nothing about Satanists, but merely parrot the BS that is said about them.

And "No", I am not a Satanist, but I know some people that are.

Don't get offended homie it's just words 

Thread closed for moderator review.

• The topic was locked