Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Farmer77

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

This is the true face of fascism and you liberals need to own this crap.                                                                                                                                        

To be fair, I don't see a lot of Liberals supporting ANTIFA or BAMN. They are too far left for the average voter. However, Liberal politicians DO need to distance themselves from these domestic terrorists. It took a few years but CNN and others eventually came around and started reporting on and in some cases even condemning them. 

I don't believe the average Lib supports ANTIFA any more than the average Patriot supports neo-Nazis. We can't lose sight of the fact that most Americans are moderate but lean more to one side or the other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

They blast the "other."  They capitalize on fear and hatred.

Unless it's the russkies of course. Then no fear and hatred can be too much.

Edited by Vlad the Mighty
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Unless it's the russkies of course. Then no fear and hatred ca be too much.

Or Trump and his supporters. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Trump has the Republican party going against everything it ever stood for.

I'd have thought you'd have thought that was a good thing? You surely haven't had many good things to say about the Republican party? 

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

And what freedoms of yours are being infringed upon? Love it or leave it? How knee-jerk and reactionary that sounds, coming from the left.

That's the real question we should be asking more often. Trump has been in Office long enough to round up all the Jews, blacks, gays, Mexicans and put them in internment camps. He's been in Office long enough to declare himself "Emporer" and become an American Putin.

Except, he hasn't because he can't.

The lives of every one on this forum are continuing on much the same as they did back in 2016. If anything, Trump has actually made improvements to the country. See, the "Founding Fathers" get hated on a lot by some members here but really we should all be thanking them every day for the wisdom and foresight they had when writing the Constitution. The Constitution has rules in place to prevent a power tripping ego-maniac from taking control. Similarly, the Government takes a long time to get anything done because that's exactly how it was meant to work. Slowly and methodically. It's literally designed to prevent snap decisions by dictators, hence the Senate, Congress, etc. We should be thanking the FF indeed. Not every country was so lucky to have very wise men design their Government to work for the people. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Unless it's the russkies of course. Then no fear and hatred ca be too much.

If you insist, let's talk about Russians instead. 

Personally, I like my Russian cousins. I like them so much it pains me that they chronically have regimes that are not only dangerous for everyone around, but also for the Russians too. 

So while I often express my disapproval of current Russian regime politics, especially against the rest of Europe, it certainly isn't any fear or hatred of Russia. 

At the moment, Russian regime is actively working on wrecking the US, the EU and is supporting bizarrely-far-right parties anywhere. Keeping that in mind is not Russophobia, it's common sense.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Or Trump and his supporters. 

People most often react in accordance to the way you introduce yourself. 

In other words, '**** your feelings' shirts weren't seen as a friendly invitation to cooperation and it only progressed in the wrong direction, currently culminating with separating children from their parents. 

How can you build deliberately aggressive and scornful image and expect politeness in return?  

3 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Trump has the Republican party going against everything it ever stood for.

Trump has evangelicals going against everything they ever stood for. 

It's almost supernatural the hold he seems to have. 

One could start believing in Revelation because of how well he fits the mold. 

one has to wonder if chaosrose actually watches, reads, or listens to the news

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well, this was thoroughly emotional of you :D

Which is understandable. See, how it goes? I understand you're on the verge of a breakdown. What I don't understand is why did you expect you'll get everyone to agree with you. People never agree on everything. We're lucky when we agree on something. 

That's what makes a successful debate for me personally - when something was agreed upon. 

In this thread, I see no reason to deny Trump is trying to act totalitarian. That is an obvious fact. 

If that wrecks your nerves, I'm afraid your problem are not fellow posters. It could be that totalitarian tendencies are indefensible and will frustrate anyone who attempts defending them.     

no, uncle sam is correct. you just did it again with the "breakdown" comment.

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

'scuse me for butting in, but why not? 

The polarization and dehumanization was deliberately unleashed on you, the refusal of any compromise or understanding was made into something fashionable, but who can stop you from spreading the new fashion of common sense?  

Human nature.

19 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

That's the real question we should be asking more often. Trump has been in Office long enough to round up all the Jews, blacks, gays, Mexicans and put them in internment camps. He's been in Office long enough to declare himself "Emporer" and become an American Putin.

Except, he hasn't because he can't.

The lives of every one on this forum are continuing on much the same as they did back in 2016. If anything, Trump has actually made improvements to the country. See, the "Founding Fathers" get hated on a lot by some members here but really we should all be thanking them every day for the wisdom and foresight they had when writing the Constitution. The Constitution has rules in place to prevent a power tripping ego-maniac from taking control. Similarly, the Government takes a long time to get anything done because that's exactly how it was meant to work. Slowly and methodically. It's literally designed to prevent snap decisions by dictators, hence the Senate, Congress, etc. We should be thanking the FF indeed. Not every country was so lucky to have very wise men design their Government to work for the people. 

since no ONE man can sieze power, the democrat party puts people like obama and hillary there to solidify perpetual power in the form of "progressive" societal progress. black person president then a woman president, next there will be a gay man president and a black woman president, then a lesbian or trans president. they will do WHATEVER it takes to solidify their power. bully people, kill people, all the while the right just wants people to be responsible for themselves.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, pbarosso said:

no, uncle sam is correct. you just did it again with the "breakdown" comment.

How would you call it? I'll happily rename it if the suggestion is realistic. 

To be honest, any discussion is impossible if one side will ask for special protection each time their stance is questioned. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

In other words, '**** your feelings' shirts weren't seen as a friendly invitation to cooperation and it only progressed in the wrong direction, currently culminating with separating children from their parents. 

How can you build deliberately aggressive and scornful image and expect politeness in return?  

can this guy have a decent argument without being vague?

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

How would you call it? I'll happily rename it if the suggestion is realistic. 

To be honest, any discussion is impossible if one side will ask for special protection each time their stance is questioned. 

what you are doing is not debate or there would be a central question

lots of them have been proffered, and you have provided zero debatable content

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Human nature.

Yes. I know. But we can try, right? No one says we will succeed. And after we fail, we can try again, too. 

Because there are people who seems completely lovable in here, only their political views are different than mine. It makes me wonder how's that possible. But it doesn't make me wish you'd disappear or something. I only wish you'd come to your senses :D and I hope it's similar on 'your side' too. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, pbarosso said:

since no ONE man can sieze power, the democrat party puts people like obama and hillary there to solidify perpetual power in the form of "progressive" societal progress. black person president then a woman president, next there will be a gay man president and a black woman president, then a lesbian or trans president. they will do WHATEVER it takes to solidify their power. bully people, kill people, all the while the right just wants people to be responsible for themselves.

Shouldn't be just whoever is best suited for the job (well ok, whoever can con people into believing that they're best suited for the job, since it's really a completely unrealistic job for one person to have), and if they happen to be black, or female, or gay, then that should be neither here nor there? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

If you insist, let's talk about Russians instead. 

Personally, I like my Russian cousins. I like them so much it pains me that they chronically have regimes that are not only dangerous for everyone around, but also for the Russians too. 

So while I often express my disapproval of current Russian regime politics, especially against the rest of Europe, it certainly isn't any fear or hatred of Russia. 

At the moment, Russian regime is actively working on wrecking the US, the EU and is supporting bizarrely-far-right parties anywhere. Keeping that in mind is not Russophobia, it's common sense.  

Scratch a Russian and you'll find a Tatar, use to be an old saying. Russia is Russia and the Russ are the Russ. They may look like us but they are not us. Trust doesn't enter in to it. You deal with Russia warily and always on your Guard. Maybe Trump can cut some sort of beneficial deal with Putin, maybe not, but who knows? Maybe the guy's a Republican.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Shouldn't be just whoever is best suited for the job (well ok, whoever can con people into believing that they're best suited for the job, since it's really a completely unrealistic job for one person to have), and if they happen to be black, or female, or gay, then that should be neither here nor there? 

sure i agree! it should be neither here nor there. but its not by mere chance that these (obama, clinton) people were put in the position of running for president. the left knows society better than anyone and they use it corruptly. they play on people's hopes and hearts....they might not even believe in gay rights at the top of the DNC but they'll use it for gain....I WOULD, i understand power.  look at obama. he was groomed. before the presidential election he was a one term senator. he gave a key note speech at the DNC convention. I am sure the DNC manipulated the primary fight just like they did for hillary.. Then Viola! obama wins...of course he won even my super conservative farmer dad voted for him because he thought "lets give a black guy a chance". do you think a chance for the first black president would fail?  only if he was a republican would that failure be deemed OK. cuz that makes him an uncle tom. HIllary no doubt was the same. her rigged primary against sanders is sorta evidence at this.

here are the next bunch of future presidential hopefuls undergoing grooming: kamala harris, gavin newsome. IMO they will trot out a gay, lesbian, trans, mexican, person etc... as soon as they can

• Like 1

I'd go for her from Hawaii, what's her name, Tulsi Gubbard, that's it, a (D) but she seems to have her head screwed on the right way

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Scratch a Russian and you'll find a Tatar, use to be an old saying. Russia is Russia and the Russ are the Russ. They may look like us but they are not us. Trust doesn't enter in to it. You deal with Russia warily and always on your Guard. Maybe Trump can cut some sort of beneficial deal with Putin, maybe not, but who knows? Maybe the guy's a Republican.

Russian nation today is a mix of surprising genetic variety. (Not to digress into the Slavic fight which our nation is the true descendant of the Russ.)

If they are like us, depends if you think if I'm like you. If you think I am, then the Russians are like us. It's their regimes that are nothing like ours. They only had one short democratic period (I'm aware it's questionable and I'm aware our democracies are somewhat questionable, not to digress again). 

To be honest, I don't think Trump is in Russian league. It takes a lot of professional skill to deal with them, because they are very capable manipulators, and it seems easy to manipulate with Trump. On the other hand, no result is permanent with him, so there... not that it matters what he was manipulated into today, since he'll change his mind tomorrow. Unless Russians really do have something to blackmail him with. - 'scuse my bluntness, I don't believe in beating around the bush. That's my opinion. 

I'm genuinely worried that Putin is actually damaging your country through Trump. It's not Democrat-Republican matter to me, I see you all as Americans. It matters more if someone in the US likes cats or not, than what party they usually vote for. 

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I'd go for her from Hawaii, what's her name, Tulsi Gubbard, that's it, a (D) but she seems to have her head screwed on the right way

yeah but she's a dem so she is subject to the control of the DNC. right now she is small potatoes in hawaii, but if she was set to go big league she'll be beholden to whatever the DNC says. 

5 minutes ago, pbarosso said:

yeah but she's a dem so she is subject to the control of the DNC. right now she is small potatoes in hawaii, but if she was set to go big league she'll be beholden to whatever the DNC says. 

It's Hillary's turn :angry:...don't be shocked if she runs again ;)

3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

What about fellas running about in masks, how does that invite cooperation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Russian nation today is a mix of surprising genetic variety. (Not to digress into the Slavic fight which our nation is the true descendant of the Russ.)

If they are like us, depends if you think if I'm like you. If you think I am, then the Russians are like us. It's their regimes that are nothing like ours. They only had one short democratic period (I'm aware it's questionable and I'm aware our democracies are somewhat questionable, not to digress again). 

To be honest, I don't think Trump is in Russian league. It takes a lot of professional skill to deal with them, because they are very capable manipulators, and it seems easy to manipulate with Trump. On the other hand, no result is permanent with him, so there... not that it matters what he was manipulated into today, since he'll change his mind tomorrow. Unless Russians really do have something to blackmail him with. - 'scuse my bluntness, I don't believe in beating around the bush. That's my opinion. 

I'm genuinely worried that Putin is actually damaging your country through Trump. It's not Democrat-Republican matter to me, I see you all as Americans. It matters more if someone in the US likes cats or not, than what party they usually vote for. 

My allusion was more to the cultural difference than the ethnic one, and there are very distinct ones. Don't fret none about America. We've had 75 years of dealing with them and they're nowhere near the threat they were when they held hegemony over half of Europe.

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

To be fair, I don't see a lot of Liberals supporting ANTIFA or BAMN. They are too far left for the average voter. However, Liberal politicians DO need to distance themselves from these domestic terrorists. It took a few years but CNN and others eventually came around and started reporting on and in some cases even condemning them. 

I don't believe the average Lib supports ANTIFA any more than the average Patriot supports neo-Nazis. We can't lose sight of the fact that most Americans are moderate but lean more to one side or the other.

I agree that Antifa is a fringe group. They don't represent most liberals or most progressives. In fact, "they get the bullet too". I wouldn't support a group that wants to shoot me because I'm not extreme enough for them.

• Like 1