Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Farmer77

3 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I'd go for her from Hawaii, what's her name, Tulsi Gubbard, that's it, a (D) but she seems to have her head screwed on the right way

She's like the Democrat Rand Paul, and she probably has the same chance of becoming president. Critics of endless, needless military actions don't fare too well in presidential contests.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

To be fair, I don't see a lot of Liberals supporting ANTIFA or BAMN. They are too far left for the average voter. However, Liberal politicians DO need to distance themselves from these domestic terrorists. It took a few years but CNN and others eventually came around and started reporting on and in some cases even condemning them. 

I don't believe the average Lib supports ANTIFA any more than the average Patriot supports neo-Nazis. We can't lose sight of the fact that most Americans are moderate but lean more to one side or the other.

And now we're talking about Antifa. Lol.

See what I mean?

Our country is sliding from a democracy into authoritarianism...

and we're arguing about how bad people are who don't like fascism. 

We're so doomed.

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

And now we're talking about Antifa. Lol.

See what I mean?

Our country is sliding from a democracy into authoritarianism...

and we're arguing about how bad people are who don't like fascism. 

We're so doomed.

Are you kidding me? Antifa are full of criminals and terrorists. At least one state classifies them as a domestic terrorist organization. You should watch some clips of their violence if you doubt that they pose a threat.

• Like 1

C’mon, nobody’s calling for “open borders”... really? Just what do you think will happen if they abolish ICE? (Immigration and Customs Enforcement)

The list of Democrats calling to abolish ICE keeps growing

The movement to abolish ICE is starting to go mainstream.

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2018/6/29/17518176/democrats-to-abolish-ice-movement-gillibrand-de-blasio-ocasio-cortez

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/progressive-democrats-introduce-bill-abolish-ice/story?id=56537797

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-abolish-ice-house-20180712-story.html?outputType=amp

It won’t be secured borders that’s for sure.

Besides, when most people I know use the term “open borders”, it doesn’t actually mean the abolishment of border lines... it’s simply shorthand for lax border security and immigration enforcement (y’know kind of like being “wiretapped” means that they have you under surveillance, not that they’re actually tapped into your telephone lines).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

You're kinda making my point.

You had to go to conservative review to find this because folks like them make a living out of creating outrage. Its not a mainstream position, its not a popular position, polling has shown almost no one wants open borders. Dragging that strawman into an argument where exactly no one has said they want open borders is just tiresome. 

bull****. The left howls bloody murder every time the government exerts more control over the borders. They don't have to be for open borders--they've already got them and want them to stay that way.

• Thanks 1

All the warning signs are here.

This is right out of the early Hitler play book.

Except he never had FB and Fox News. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pbarosso said:

one has to wonder if chaosrose actually watches, reads, or listens to the news

Oh, I'm sure she does.  It's just that she and many of the rest of us these days tend to tune to the message that fits our biases.  The unfortunate part of that is that if your source isn't reporting news but cranking out propaganda, it causes real problems.  18 months ago, I assumed the Left were just crying over a lost election.  I've come to understand that these people actually BELIEVE these things about Trump and they have a visceral hatred of the man.  I've never seen anything like it.  When a Prog/Dem is in the Oval Office again, they're REALLY going to lose their minds when those of us on the Right demand "Sanctuary" or Nullification for our core values.  What goes around...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Nicuaguar and half the **** that goes down in China and Burma - that’s straight out of the pre-Night of the Long Knives Hitler playbook.

the **** El Trumpo’s doing? He’s playing to a crowd of people with more teeth than Braincells. He’ll say the things they like the sound of. But when push comes to shove he’s all hot air in an ill-fitting suit.

He's far more an autocrat than an actual fascist (and for that reason alone he needs to be watched closely).

• Thanks 1

Trump is the Lion King!

Pay attention... You can learn a lot from him, fellows, on how to put your own house in order before u critizise.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, acidhead said:

Trump is the Lion King!

Pay attention... You can learn a lot from him, fellows, on how to put your own house in order before u critizise.

He's going to be killed by a stampede of wildebeest orchestrated by Jeremy Irons?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

What about fellas running about in masks, how does that invite cooperation?

How often that particular provocateur show was seen in actual reality?

Is it really useful to accept the 'Antifa' propaganda product as something real, just because it makes the 'conservatives' seem less alone in their attempt to take the society in totalitarian direction? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Yup, we've all seen how the very first thing he did once he was in power was abolish all opposition parties, outlaw trade unions, take the press under firm control, and abolish elections.

:no: ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, and then said:

I saw a story today about a drunk white guy in Chicago verbally abusing a woman in a "Puerto Rico" T-Shirt.  If the immigration issue is not handled soon, there's going to be a LOT more of that happening.

I am pretty sure you know that Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States. Are you saying that if the immigration issue is not handled soon a lot of non-white US citizens going to be subjected to harassment?  Is that about immigration or racism? Do I have a right to harass you for wearing an Alabama shirt in Illinois?

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

How often that particular provocateur show was seen in actual reality?

Is it really useful to accept the 'Antifa' propaganda product as something real, just because it makes the 'conservatives' seem less alone in their attempt to take the society in totalitarian direction? 

You see, folks in masks always have something to hide. That makes me suspicious. After all, protests are perfectly legal in the US. It’s almost as if they’re going to these events preparing to cause trouble. If they were preparing to get into trouble, I’d imagine First aid kits and clear lines of escape. But masks? No, that’s preparing to make sure no one can tell who you are. 

No one protesting their freedoms should want to hide their faces. After all, the tits with tikis didn’t wear masks and quite a few of them got the sack.

Edited by Sir Wearer of Hats
  • Thanks 1

On 7/12/2018 at 10:44 PM, acidhead said:

All you are doing is getting our King reelected!

Trump 2020

I want a president that I elect to serve the needs of the people. I respect that he is serving the needs of many citizens. but  I do not want a king. 

On 7/13/2018 at 12:09 AM, and then said:

If we open the borders and let it be known that anyone can come, our population would increase by tens of millions.  Do you think it's a good idea to do that?

No.  Why would you think opening our borders would be a good idea?

On 7/13/2018 at 12:10 AM, Hammerclaw said:

Republicans elect a chairman of the board. When the left's in office and promote their political agenda, it'd called progressive. When the right is in office and promotes theirs, it's called divisive. Trump is abrasive and boorish and I didn't vote for him, Still he does get a few things right, pertaining to European hypocrisy of criticizing him for wanting better relations with Russia while at the same time engaging in lucrative business deals of their own, with her. 

This is not my dad's Republican party.  They used to elect a chairman of the board. That would be logical.  Things have changed. For many his supporters Trump is the modern Jesus who is brilliant, never lies, can do anything, and loves them enough to take care of them. He is divisive and intends to be, it is how he maintains power.  Both parties are self serving and chiefly interested in staying in power; not serving the populace.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

This is not my dad's Republican party.  They used to elect a chairman of the board. That would be logical.  Things have changed. For many his supporters Trump is the modern Jesus who is brilliant, never lies, can do anything, and loves them enough to take care of them. He is divisive and intends to be, it is how he maintains power.  Both parties are self serving and chiefly interested in staying in power; not serving the populace.

Trump isn't a typical Republican nor does he particularly like the Party. I'm surrounded by Trump supporters where I work and believe me, there ain't no hero worship. He was their safe harbor in a storm--and that's about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/13/2018 at 12:14 AM, Hammerclaw said:

Classic leftism. Shut up, I don't want to hear it.

Classic rightism?  That is lame.  It is not a shut up.  It is, " If we are going to discuss an issue, you can;tell me what you think  I think and base your arguments on that "   No open borders.  Got it?

19 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I am pretty sure you know that Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States. Are you saying that if the immigration issue is not handled soon a lot of non-white US citizens going to be subjected to harassment?  Is that about immigration or racism? Do I have a right to harass you for wearing an Alabama shirt in Illinois?

Yep, I'm aware of the status of PR.  My point is that this situation is being used to criminalize a person's biases, NOT their actions.  I'm not sure where the harassing non-whites idea came from but no... I'm talking about anger and action over some local prosecutor deciding what is acceptable speech.  That's where decisions like this will eventually lead unless it is fought, NOW.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

No.  Why would you think opening our borders would be a good idea?

I don't.  I'm attempting to point to the behavior of the Left concerning unfettered immigration and the effects that will flow downstream from it.  Those who demand to see a citation where a politician has actually said, "I want open borders" are being dishonest at best.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

This is the true face of fascism and you liberals need to own this crap.

Fair enough, then I suppose you conservatives own the clan and approve of their actions?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Fair enough, then I suppose you conservatives own the clan and approve of their actions?

Were resigned to them. Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations, may she always be in the right; but our country, right or wrong.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, pbarosso said:

im gonna chime in here:

the left is a saul alinsky following communist funded atrocity. democrats are nothing short of manipulators and they are so good at it that people have no idea that they are being controlled by them. if you cant see that angry name calling rhetoric from the left EVERY time the repubs do something...ANYTHING they do...is a warning sign about who are the real grown ups i the room are,  then im sorry but you cant be helped.

here are two points of contention i have with the lefts narrative:

demonizing nationalism:

• there is nothing wrong with being nationalistic. its good for the country
    • do you cheer for the other highschool's team?
    • do you care more for someone else's family?

race issues

• we don not have a race problem. we have a neighbor problem. sure racists exist but people probably get called racist for nothing too.
    • when people live near eachother they should aspire to join to join the mix through "neighborly" interactions i.e. BEING FRIENDLY, NOT CAUSING PROBLEMS, WAVING, SMILING, TALKING TO YOUR COMMUNITY ETC..
      • when you dont do these things your community views you suspiciously and as an OUTSIDER and wants little to do with you
        • case in point: my cross the street neighbor moved in (theyre hispanic) i never waved at them because i viewed them as a rough looking bunch NOT because they were hispanic but because the guys wore wife beaters and scowls every time i saw them. IM NOT waving at people with the resting b**** face scowl, plus they drove big tough looking trucks and were buying brand new big escalades and trucks like every 6 months...it didnt look right. they probably thought (or could have thought) i wasnt being friendly because i was racist....which is something they learned to think because no democrat would ever let that one go. i wasnt being friedly because they didnt appear friendly...and NO they never waved at me either. i figured they were drug dealers or the like. one day the old guy waves at me while i was washing my corvette and gives me the thumbs up...just what ive been waiting for now we wave all the time. his sons moved out and his gradndaughter and my daughter are friends.
        • the left wants this idea to be termed racism, sexism, bigotry, etc..because its easily believed as a knee jerk reaction....they'll never agree to it

in fact, i am curious to see if farmer77 will agree to the "neighbor problem" aspect. 

Look, we talk to each other on this board about space exploration, the moons of Mars, depression and a host of other topics.  I am not "The Left"  and you are not "The Right"  we are just people.   In fact, I can't defend a lot of the views you attribute to the Left.  I hold some of them and some of the views held by the Right (maybe, does the right still believe in a balanced budget?)  I can tell you what I think and listen to you, I can't tell you what the Left thinks, you have to ask Rush and Alex.  Neighbors is a good concept.  Lets look at each other as people and exchange ideas.  

• Like 2