Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Farmer77

14 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Unless it's the russkies of course. Then no fear and hatred can be too much.

Take a breath.  We trade with the Russians, we deal with them, as people, we like the Russian people.  We just don't like them messing in our elections.  We don't have to hate or fear them, but I think we prefer our own form of government to the Russian form.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

If you insist, let's talk about Russians instead. 

Congratulations on the Croatia World Cup performance,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, and then said:

Yep, I'm aware of the status of PR.  My point is that this situation is being used to criminalize a person's biases, NOT their actions. 

Well, and then,  I know you are intelligent. But on to your point:  a person's biases are his own until he acts upon them against another person.  When somebody gets in your face and starts yelling at you, that goes beyond a personal bias.  The guy in question could have thought anything he wanted to think.  It was only when he opened his mouth and confronted her that the problem arose.  It was his actions that got him in trouble was it not? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Were resigned to them. Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations, may she always be in the right; but our country, right or wrong.

Then look my friend we can do better. Let us resolve to push both of these groups into the irrelevance of a history that dies without progeny.  We are better than either one of those.

35 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Were resigned to them. Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations, may she always be in the right; but our country, right or wrong.

Isn’t the rest of that quote “if she be right give me the stegnth to support her, if she be wrong give me the strength to defy her”?

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

bull****. The left howls bloody murder every time the government exerts more control over the borders.

Yes you are correct as exemplified by "the left" president Obama deporting more people than any other POTUS in history. More. Than. Any. Other. In. History :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

They don't have to be for open borders--they've already got them and want them to stay that way.

No they don't. Geeze I cant believe people are so gullible. 

Do we have problems at the border? Absolutely. Is it the crisis which the current regime is trying to convince you it is? Absolutely not. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

Here is my bottom line. 

All US citizens are equal and should be treated with respect.

We should have secure borders with a logical quota of immigrants based on the needs of growth of our society and technology.

If we apprehend people crossing our border, we have a right to return them to their country of origin, but we should treat them as fellow human beings worthy of respect.  That is not an incompatible notion.

Criminals (gang members) should be treated as criminals, not used as an excuse for policy.

If we cannot be united, we will be surpassed by China, Russia, and perhaps the European Union.  We cannot indulge a divisive leader or self serving politician to make portions of our citizenry feel good.

If we want honesty and competence in our.t government, citizens have to be responsible to work for it.

• Like 2

Fox News’ John Roberts Defends CNN After Trump Refuses Question from ‘Fake News’

“Let’s go to a real network.”

That’s what President Donald Trump said during a joint press conference with British Prime Minister Theresa May on Friday after refusing to take a question from his perpetual target, CNN’s Jim Acosta. Instead, he called on John Roberts from Fox News.

“CNN is fake news,” Trump said as Acosta tried to get a question in. “I don’t take questions from CNN.”

Warning signs.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

No it isn't man. If a CNN reporter woke up to see a severed horse's head laying next to them in bed, THAT would be a warning sign that fascism is near. Or if say Van Jones disappeared, never to be heard from again. THAT would be a warning sign.

Pointing out the obvious truth is not a warning for fascism. Its crazy to think this president shouldn't defend himself from biased media attacks. Just be thankful he isn't using say the IRS to go after fake news.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

No it isn't man. If a CNN reporter woke up to see a severed horse's head laying next to them in bed, THAT would be a warning sign that fascism is near. Or if say Van Jones disappeared, never to be heard from again. THAT would be a warning sign.

The POTUS saying the only real news comes from his approved source is most definitely a warning sign. How can you honestly ignore that? 

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Its crazy to think this president shouldn't defend himself from biased media attacks. Just be thankful he isn't using say the IRS to go after fake news.

Delegetimizing a media outlet because they print negative news is quite dictatorial behavior. I know it brings you joy to see it happen, just admit what it is while enjoying the show. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The POTUS saying the only real news comes from his approved source is most definitely a warning sign. How can you honestly ignore that? 

Well that's not exactly what he said now is it?

22 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Delegetimizing a media outlet because they print negative news is quite dictatorial behavior. I know it brings you joy to see it happen, just admit what it is while enjoying the show. 

CNN delegitimized themselves.  Why is it people think CNN shares no responsibility here? They go out of their way to lie about the man constantly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

What happens in Babylon 5 to ISN is how Fascists deal with the press.

it involved troops storming the building during a regular broadcast, thr hosts being shot and a new very loyal to the administration team being put in its place a few dats later.

el Trumpo saying “nope, not taking questions from you” isn’t. It’s all part of the current p***ing contest between certain news groups and the President.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Isn’t the rest of that quote “if she be right give me the stegnth to support her, if she be wrong give me the strength to defy her”?

This was by Stephen Decatur . There are several versions by others. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yes you are correct as exemplified by "the left" president Obama deporting more people than any other POTUS in history. More. Than. Any. Other. In. History :rolleyes:

No they don't. Geeze I cant believe people are so gullible. 

Do we have problems at the border? Absolutely. Is it the crisis which the current regime is trying to convince you it is? Absolutely not. 

Yes, the left likes things just like they are--which is what I said. 

9 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

and CNN have gone out of business as a result of the edict of Der Führer, have they? They've been closed down at the order of the regime, or they've been driven out of business by a boycott organised by the minions of the regime? the Emperor* is so powerful that it just takes one word from him to completely deligitimize a news outlet? 

* Yes, I know I'm mixing his titles here. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Yup, we've all seen how the very first thing he did once he was in power was abolish all opposition parties, outlaw trade unions, take the press under firm control, and abolish elections.

:no: ? 

Some leftists likely believe that he did those things. If you told a group of college students, in Berkeley, that Trump beat a Black man while he shouted racial slurs back in the '80s, there's a good chance that they would believe you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

He’s playing to a crowd of people with more teeth than Braincells.

About 45 million Americans in 31 states voted for him to lead the country.  Care to elucidate a bit on that statement?  That's a REALLY broad brush you're holding.

• Like 3

On 7/13/2018 at 6:02 PM, ChaosRose said:

Our country is sliding from a democracy into authoritarianism...

and we're arguing about how bad people are who don't like fascism.

Yep, we have officially stepped over into the surreal.  CR, do you think it acceptable to mask yourself and prepare to violently protest against a speaker at a university?  Is that your take on the appropriate response to differing opinions in our public discourse?  You really should delve into the history of the Brownshirts.  Words in a free society shouldn't cause violent reactions.  They should be engaged with better words and ideas.

• Like 5

They remind me more of the KKK, and then. We've gone back 60 or 70 years in my opinion. At least that was the last years there were mobs of people running around in masks attacking and suppressing other people.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, and then said:

About 45 million Americans in 31 states voted for him to lead the country.  Care to elucidate a bit on that statement?  That's a REALLY broad brush you're holding.

I saw that post and almost said something. Of course, an argument could be made about my brain cells.... I did survive the 60's :P

I'll see your 45 million and raise it to 63 million B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, and then said:

Those are the people who voted for him. 

Those people have a lot of reasons to do so, support for him being the least.

the people the comments like “build a wall” and “many fine people on both sides” and “fakes news” are tailored for are the people to whom the jibe was directed. 

14 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

That is only partially true, Obama only deported more then any other president cause under his presidency they changed how deportations were defined which artificially inflated his deportation numbers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2014/04/21/lies-damned-lies-and-obamas-deportation-statistics/?utm_term=.a9496d2099e9

That does a decent job of explaining everything but ultimately Obama didnt really deport the most people of any president.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Michelle said:

They remind me more of the KKK, and then. We've gone back 60 or 70 years in my opinion. At least that was the last years there were mobs of people running around in masks attacking and suppressing other people.

That's why Alabama bans masks at political protests and rallies. There's now a proposed ban contained in a bill in Congress. It's a good idea, and you can see why if you watch clips of a leftist protest at Auburn. The police forced the participants to remove their masks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

and CNN have gone out of business as a result of the edict of Der Führer, have they? They've been closed down at the order of the regime, or they've been driven out of business by a boycott organised by the minions of the regime? the Emperor* is so powerful that it just takes one word from him to completely deligitimize a news outlet? 

* Yes, I know I'm mixing his titles here. 

No amigo they certainly haven't. Nor have I made the claim they have. 

This isn't just "one word" this is a piece of an overall campaign to delegitimize any news source which he doesn't approve of. Can you honestly not appreciate how dangerous that potentially is? Note I said potentially 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That's why Alabama bans masks at political protests and rallies. There's now a proposed ban contained in a bill in Congress. It's a good idea, and you can see why if you watch clips of a leftist protest at Auburn. The police forced the participants to remove their masks.

Yeah they don't seem nearly as rowdy once the masks come off and they don't have a weapon in hand...well that one guy tried to be,before getting KTFO ^_^ :lol:

• Like 4