Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Farmer77

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/sod_2

Here you go genius. 

Sodomite, in other words butt ****er.

(British English, taboo, slang) used to refer to a person, especially a man, that you are annoyed with or think is unpleasant You stupid sod!

(British English, taboo, slang) used with an adjective to refer to a person, especially a man The poor old sod got the sack yesterday. You lucky sod!

link

Not offensive at all unless you follow or proceed it with an insult. As I said and the way the phrase was laid out it meant bloke.

It even means soil if you look harder.  link

You're just a slimy character that likes to dish out offenses but then crawls under his mamas skirt and cries when someone hits back. How pathetic.

1 hour ago, Arbenol said:

I can't see this happening. You had the chance in 2016. Both parties vomitted up the most odious candidates they could find, and yet just about everyone voted for one of them - even if they had to hold their nose whilst doing it.

It was a question I asked several (mostly self declared libertarians) posters here. The reason they gave for not voting for a third party was the fear that their least preferred candidate would gain an advantage.

if the price of keeping out ultra-hardline rightwinger Hillary was The Amazing Donald, perhaps it was a price worth paying. We'll just see whether he does fall for Bolton and Pompeo's warmongering over Iran to reserve final judgment.

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/sod_2

Here you go genius. 

Sodomite, in other words butt ****er.

Yes, possibly there was some loss in transmission, but certainly in English and probably Australian, it's a term largely of affection. "You daft s*d!" 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

it meant bloke

As derived from the root word sodomite.  Where the hell do you think the word comes from Red?  The turf on a soccer pitch? :rofl:  That's pretty weak.

Edited by OverSword

23 minutes ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

Yes, possibly there was some loss in transmission, but certainly in English and probably Australian, it's a term largely of affection. "You daft s*d!" 

Fine.  You guys can have it since you're the ones who use it, sod it! :tu:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

You're just a slimy character that likes to dish out offenses but then crawls under his mamas skirt and cries when someone hits back.

Yeah.  Haven't read many of my posts outside of you trying to make this thread about guns, strong language and calling people sodomites have you?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Fine.  You guys can have it since you're the ones who use it, sod it! :tu:

Happy now?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah.  Haven't read many of my posts outside of you trying to make this thread about guns, strong language and calling people sodomites have you?

I quoted two clear undeniable facts that mixed together could lead to more violence, then you came in insulting and wishing I get run over.  Very intellectual.  I even gave you a few opportunities to discuss the logic but all you wanted to do was play the victim and carry on like a smart a...s.

9 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Happy now?

Dude.  I'm always happy.  Usually happiest arguing :st

• Haha 1

Just now, OverSword said:

Dude.  I'm always happy.  Usually happiest arguing :st

Who you calling dude? You know dude is an abbreviation of doodle which means a mans genitalia.  I'm reporting you.....SULK

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

I'm not saying hate speech and guns are linked, but if you had to put it on a Richter scale of high risks having easy accessibility to guns where people can basically demeanour, offend and threaten others legally is pretty dangerous don't you think?

If you're a poo$$y.  I think the last time I insulted a stranger was about 90 minutes ago when he almost got hit by a car texting. Should I have been scared he might shoot me  :passifier:

Fine.  Here's how it went down. you asked "don't you think"?  I answered if you're a poo$$y.  I then added small details of the last time I insulted someone which happened to be on my way back from lunch where I saw a guy nearly get run over while texting. 

Not mentioned previously

The details of that are as follows.  I called him a phone zombie and asked if he was trying to win a Darwin Award.  We both laughed.

You replied:

Wow, what a tough guy.  Another armchair hawker full of fluff.  It's alright buddy go play with yourself in front of the mirror.  :sk

At which point I joked about you being the dude in the crosswalk which may not have been clear as I thought why should I explain it to this dick who told be to m********e in the mirror and has called me a sodomite :tu:

Edited by OverSword

That was waaayyy more effort than I should have made as I'm sure you're still going to act like a ______.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Fine.  Here's how it went down. you asked "don't you think"?  I answered if you're a poo$$y.  I then added small details of the last time I insulted someone which happened to be on my way back from lunch where I saw a guy nearly get run over while texting. 

Not mentioned previously

The details of that are as follows.  I called him a phone zombie and asked if he was trying to win a Darwin Award.  We both laughed.

You replied:

At which point I joked about you being the dude in the crosswalk which may not have been clear as I thought why should I explain it to this dick who told be to m********e in the mirror and has called me a sodomite :tu:

Yeah good try.  You also left out the 'ignorant' insult and wishing I get run over.  Hilarious

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Thanks 1

I mean I followed it all. OS did offer to send Flowers not wish it would happen BTW. That's my 0.02c. Shall we move on?

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That was waaayyy more effort than I should have made as I'm sure you're still going to act like a ______.

What, no fun anymore?  I'll tell you what, go back to my original post and suggest something like, 'yeah, hate speech can lead to more violence and we do have a gun culture, but, because we live in a large country with a large population it doesn't appear to be a problem like you might perceive it from the outside'.  Otherwise, don't and keep going like a little kid.

Up to you.  :tu:

29 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

What, no fun anymore?  I'll tell you what, go back to my original post and suggest something like, 'yeah, hate speech can lead to more violence and we do have a gun culture, but, because we live in a large country with a large population it doesn't appear to be a problem like you might perceive it from the outside'.  Otherwise, don't and keep going like a little kid.

Up to you.  :tu:

What original post?  The one in which you try to turn this into a gun thread?  Okay.  Since the first thing an oppressive fascist regime, like the one that this thread is about, would do is try to register in order to confiscate guns, therefore yay guns.  Hate speech, love speech, speech speech...whatever.  Someone wants to get violent over speech that's on them. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OverSword said:

What original post?  The one in which you try to turn this into a gun thread?  Okay.  Since the first thing an oppressive fascist regime, like the one that this thread is about, would do is try to register in order to confiscate guns, therefore yay guns.  Hate speech, love speech, speech speech...whatever.  Someone wants to get violent over speech that's on them. 

Ok lets keep going, I'll dissect it nice and simple for you.  This all started before you entered the scene by another poster basically claiming that taking away people's freedom to speak out, whether regarded as hate speech or not, was fascism.  THAT was the emphasis of what was getting discussed.  Free Liberal Democracies aren't fascist Govts and in most Liberal Democracies hate speech is unlawful so logic suggests it's not a fascist law.  Added to that the reason hate speech is unlawful in Liberal Democracies is because it could lead to violence and IMO it could be even worse in a country with a gun culture.  Here's when you enter the scene insulting and acting like a big shot and a d..k because someone mentioned guns, as if it was the prime essence of what was being discussed. 

Lets keep the pantomime going.  :sk

@Black Red Devil Oh gee, thanks for keeping it nice and simple.  :blink:

Taking away speech isn’t by itself fascist but limiting speech is an element of fascism . Hate speech is free speech and as long as it’s not libelous or directly inciting others to violence should not be limited. And as I’ve said before there is a chance that insulting speech in a society with a lot of guns could equally cause more gun violence or the knowledge you may get shot may make you more careful with your speech, which I posted previously and you answered with a confused emoji.  Both are theoretical and idiotic guesses that can never be verified so who cares. We’re not fascist is the bottom line and in no danger of becoming fascist.

Edited by OverSword
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, OverSword said:

@Black Red Devil Oh gee, thanks for keeping it nice and simple.  :blink:

Taking away speech isn’t by itself fascist but limiting speech is an element of fascism . Hate speech is free speech and as long as it’s not libelous or directly inciting others to violence should not be limited. And as I’ve said before there is a chance that insulting speech in a society with a lot of guns could equally cause more gun violence or the knowledge you may get shot may make you more careful with your speech, which I posted previously and you answered with a confused emoji.  Both are theoretical and idiotic guesses that can never be verified so who cares. We’re not fascist is the bottom line and in no danger of becoming fascist.

So what your suggesting is rather than the Govt banning hate speech, to avoid violence you prefer people to take matters into their own hands to stop hate speech?  Wow, our cultures are close but so far in many other ways.

8 hours ago, Arbenol said:

The reason they gave for not voting for a third party was the fear that their least preferred candidate would gain an advantage.

It's a well-founded concern.  You may not agree with this or think it is less important than voting one's true conscience but governments have the power of life and death over their populations and allowing people like the current crops of "Progressive" (Globalist sellouts) candidates would drive America to violence in short order.  A struggle is on for the future and the soul of this nation.  The BEST outcome I see is a sundering of ties between many states.  Who will THAT serve?  

39 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Wow, our cultures are close but so far in many other ways.

We share only Pop Culture.  We haven't grown comfortable (yet) with licking the boots of our politicians and overlords.  That day may come but we're a cantankerous bunch and it won't come soon OR easily.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

So what your suggesting is rather than the Govt banning hate speech, to avoid violence you prefer people to take matters into their own hands to stop hate speech?  Wow, our cultures are close but so far in many other ways.

Not in any way did I say that. I said any speech that is not libelous or inciting others to violence is free speech. So called hated speech (which is up to interpretation and therefore fictional) is free speech. To be extra clear or to make it simple for you I don’t believe in hate speech. And before you ask I don’t believe in hate crime either. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, and then said:

We share only Pop Culture.  We haven't grown comfortable (yet) with licking the boots of our politicians and overlords.  That day may come but we're a cantankerous bunch and it won't come soon OR easily.

That’s not true. I have quite a few Australian friends who live here and we’re pretty similar lifestyle-wise, though they question authority less than we do and are a little afraid when I whip out my pocket knife to open a box :lol: That never ceases to crack me up. I love my Aussie friends they love to party and joke as much as I do. Even this Black Red dipstick’s probably pretty cool in person.

Edited by OverSword

11 minutes ago, and then said:

Ohh, that hurts.  :P  What a comeback after you've been made to look like a joker for so long.

6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That’s not true. I have quite a few Australian friends who live here and we’re pretty similar lifestyle-wise, though they question authority less than we do and are a little afraid when I whip out my pocket knife to open a box :lol: That never ceases to crack me up. I love my Aussie friends they love to party and joke as much as I do. Even this Black Red dipstick’s probably pretty cool in person.

They must be poo$$y's?  Nah, I'm not cool, I hate all Americans (that's made andthen's day, he's having emotional orgasms bynow).  'Gotcha, you red and black bast...d you finally admitted it!' :lol:

Anyway gotta go, before my better half divorces me for too much absenteism.

• Like 1