Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Farmer77

22 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Ohh, that hurts.  :P  What a comeback after you've been made to look like a joker for so long.

Take for whatever you think it's worth.  The facts speak for themselves.

30 minutes ago, OverSword said:

That’s not true. I have quite a few Australian friends who live here

Why do they live here, then?  Seriously, people seek places where they are happier or more comfortable.  America shares (or burdens) the rest of the world with our Pop Culture and that is the closest bond we have with them, IMO.  Do you believe that Americans today would as casually accept the rules for guns that those in OZ rolled over for?  

26 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

They must be poo$$y's?  Nah, I'm not cool, I hate all Americans (that's made andthen's day, he's having emotional orgasms bynow).  'Gotcha, you red and black bast...d you finally admitted it!' :lol:

Anyway gotta go, before my better half divorces me for too much absenteism.

Yeah, you’re full of crap. Your wife would probably pay me money to keep you on UM and out of her hair ya bludger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, and then said:

Why do they live here, then?  Seriously, people seek places where they are happier or more comfortable.  America shares (or burdens) the rest of the world with our Pop Culture and that is the closest bond we have with them, IMO.  Do you believe that Americans today would as casually accept the rules for guns that those in OZ rolled over for?  

They don’t like guns but neither do plenty of us. We have milder weather, more jobs, they’re accents make them super popular, you can say anything you want if you do it with an Aussie accent, it’s true I’ve witnessed it plenty of times. I’ve never really asked but most of the ones I know, which is only seven, have lived here for way over a decade and a couple of them have become citizens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Yeah, you’re full of crap. Your wife would probably pay me money to keep you on UM and out of her hair ya bludger.

You don't know how close to reality that bludger thing is at the moment. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

They don’t like guns but neither do plenty of us. We have milder weather, more jobs, they’re accents make them super popular, you can say anything you want if you do it with an Aussie accent, it’s true I’ve witnessed it plenty of times. I’ve never really asked but most of the ones I know, which is only seven, have lived here for way over a decade and a couple of them have become citizens.

Ha,  funny that.  It works in reverse here with American accents.  Farmer's going to have panic attacks soon if his thread keeps getting derailed but interesting that so many Aussies live in a place like Seattle.  I'm not saying it's a bad place (although if a dropkick like you lives there it mustn't be that good :P) but Aussies tend to be warm blooded animals and I don't think Seattle is that tropical.  California would be more their environment.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

More OT but you might be surprised to know there are more than 100k American born citizens living here.  In a country of 25mil that would be similar to 1.5 mil Aussies living in the US which I doubt there are.  So you could say there are proportionally more Americans living in Australia than vice-versa. 

And a lot more are coming... link   We might have to build a wall to keep them out:P

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

Seattle isn't that bad of a place.  I'm not sure why conservatives think it is a liberal hell hole with homeless people every where.  It's the number two growing city in the US: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/big-city-growth-slows-across-u-s-but-seattle-still-ranks-no-2-in-2018/

But even given that, there really isn't that many Australians coming here compared to other countries.  The ones I know came because of work.  On the flip side, Australia used to have an open call for American construction workers.  Think they even reformed the 457 visa to make it easier to go there.  I was even pondering a short work tour over near Perth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OverSword said:

Not in any way did I say that. I said any speech that is not libelous or inciting others to violence is free speech. So called hated speech (which is up to interpretation and therefore fictional) is free speech. To be extra clear or to make it simple for you I don’t believe in hate speech. And before you ask I don’t believe in hate crime either. 

Just read this quote yesterday and liked it. "What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist." - Salman Rushdie

Edited by skliss
Punctuation
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

You don't know how close to reality that bludger thing is at the moment. 

Good luck with that. We’ve all been there.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Ha,  funny that.  It works in reverse here with American accents.  Farmer's going to have panic attacks soon if his thread keeps getting derailed but interesting that so many Aussies live in a place like Seattle.  I'm not saying it's a bad place (although if a dropkick like you lives there it mustn't be that good :P) but Aussies tend to be warm blooded animals and I don't think Seattle is that tropical.  California would be more their environment.

Maybe, but actually we have about the mildest weather in the world. The raindrops are small, the snow only comes every few years, summers are nice, there’s plenty of beautiful nature, we’re surrounded by huge mountain ranges, islands and water.  I can’t recall any if them complaining about the weather more than the locals. One of the coolest thing you’ll ever see is a 35 year old seeing snow for the first time.

edit: I happen to know first hand that you get mobbed by women in Australia when they hear your accent.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Americans are waking up to the ugly hypocrisy that hangs over the Democrat party.  Their tactic of trying to smear non-Dems with the very transgressions against society that they themselves are guilty of is now out in the open for all to see.  Obviously, the biggest "trial run for fascism" ended with the last day of Obama's presidency...even though Dem politicians are still attempting to ram ever more government-mandated, freedom-grabbing, wealth-stealing, liberty-killing, racist legislation down the throats of American citizens.

Their latest gambit - slavery reparations - has begun to backfire on them as it has created a forum for their opponents to expose the lies and dark realities of the Dem's own past.  Here, Burgess Owens reminds us that the Democrats are the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK.  Owens says that if the Dems are so interested in reparation payments for the horrible things done to Black society, they should step up and pay it themselves...because THEY are the party with blood on their hands...not the Republicans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

More OT but you might be surprised to know there are more than 100k American born citizens living here.  In a country of 25mil that would be similar to 1.5 mil Aussies living in the US which I doubt there are.  So you could say there are proportionally more Americans living in Australia than vice-versa. 

And a lot more are coming... link   We might have to build a wall to keep them out:P

You'll need us to move there to help discourage the Chinese before too long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hacktorp said:

Americans are waking up to the ugly hypocrisy that hangs over the Democrat party.  Their tactic of trying to smear non-Dems with the very transgressions against society that they themselves are guilty of is now out in the open for all to see.  Obviously, the biggest "trial run for fascism" ended with the last day of Obama's presidency...even though Dem politicians are still attempting to ram ever more government-mandated, freedom-grabbing, wealth-stealing, liberty-killing, racist legislation down the throats of American citizens.

Their latest gambit - slavery reparations - has begun to backfire on them as it has created a forum for their opponents to expose the lies and dark realities of the Dem's own past.  Here, Burgess Owens reminds us that the Democrats are the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK.  Owens says that if the Dems are so interested in reparation payments for the horrible things done to Black society, they should step up and pay it themselves...because THEY are the party with blood on their hands...not the Republicans.

And they still continue to kill black babies to keep the black population down, aka Abortion. And when Republicans try to change these laws to value the sanctity of life, THEY get called the racist. ( No surprise there)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

no one kills more blacks than other blacks, if someone is trying to keep black population down they are failing miserably. 

21 hours ago, Arbenol said:

I can't see this happening. You had the chance in 2016. Both parties vomitted up the most odious candidates they could find, and yet just about everyone voted for one of them - even if they had to hold their nose whilst doing it.

It was a question I asked several (mostly self declared libertarians) posters here. The reason they gave for not voting for a third party was the fear that their least preferred candidate would gain an advantage.

19 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

if the price of keeping out ultra-hardline rightwinger Hillary was The Amazing Donald, perhaps it was a price worth paying. We'll just see whether he does fall for Bolton and Pompeo's warmongering over Iran to reserve final judgment.

I voted for Johnson because I feared Obama and held my nose on Romney (I saw who they both were early on).  Again, I voted more against Obama than voting for McCain.  I voted against Obama not because of the color of his skin but because of the content of his character.  I liked McCain but I started to see who he really was.  I think it was that brain tumor that changed him.  Now, I did indeed vote against Hilary because I love my country, but there was no holding my nose for Trump.  I saw him early on and knew he was the one.  He was the best choice for our future.  He loves this country and has the heart of the common man.  No wonder the Administrative State hates him.  I think as time goes by, more and more see the good he is doing.  Some reluctantly.  This upcoming election, it’s not fear that drives my vote; it’s enthusiasm.  Trump is the clear choice and the Progs are a joke.  None of them will be able to compete for the crowds Trump does at rallies.  The one that survives the DNC Convention will already be expended.  The real polls are the Trump rallies and they just keep on building.

Voting for third party is just a way to vote “NO”.  Third party candidates have no chance.  It’s the ultimate nose holder.  However, Trump was and still is that third party candidate that has and will continue to make a difference.

I don’t think Trump will be easily swayed by Bolton and Pompeo.  They are very useful right now.  Trump needs to give the impression that military action is imminent.    That is what Syria was all about.  It wasn’t a message to Assad.  It was a message to Khamenei.  I can see several such strikes in Iran at military targets without the need to put boots on the ground.  He has the tool, the weapon in place.  How much will he need to use it?  I would image that if Iran capitulates, Bolton and Pompeo may be replaced in the next term.  I don’t think Trump is thinking that he needs to rattle the military sabre to deal with Russia, China, or even North Korea.  Only Iran.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Seattle isn't that bad of a place.  I'm not sure why conservatives think it is a liberal hell hole with homeless people every where.  It's the number two growing city in the US: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/data/big-city-growth-slows-across-u-s-but-seattle-still-ranks-no-2-in-2018/

But even given that, there really isn't that many Australians coming here compared to other countries.  The ones I know came because of work.  On the flip side, Australia used to have an open call for American construction workers.  Think they even reformed the 457 visa to make it easier to go there.  I was even pondering a short work tour over near Perth.

The 457 visa was abolished and reformed to get more skilled workers.  Not sure that equates to being more easier.  Perth is nice.

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Maybe, but actually we have about the mildest weather in the world. The raindrops are small, the snow only comes every few years, summers are nice, there’s plenty of beautiful nature, we’re surrounded by huge mountain ranges, islands and water.  I can’t recall any if them complaining about the weather more than the locals. One of the coolest thing you’ll ever see is a 35 year old seeing snow for the first time.

edit: I happen to know first hand that you get mobbed by women in Australia when they hear your accent.

I thought being near Canada it would be cold. Personally, give me 32 degrees Celsius all year, unfortunately that would mean going to live up north in Darwin which is a bit up there in the wilderness.

I get mobbed by women?  Yeah all the time and I don't even have to say anything, my wife starts the whinging in the morning and finishes the nagging at night.  If you're talking about Americans I wouldn't say you get mobbed but generally Aussies get along well with Americans.  We seem to follow you in every war Bolton gets you into. :P

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

The 457 visa was abolished and reformed to get more skilled workers.  Not sure that equates to being more easier.  Perth is nice.

It was more than a few years back.  My cohorts and I fit into the "skilled worker" category your government was targeting at the time too.  I kinda regret not doing a year or two stint just for the experience.

• Like 1

Seemingly every day the regime is showing its hand a little more. The path we are facing is going to be arduous. 

Trump threatened Time journalist with prison over Kim Jong Un letter

Later in the interview, the Time team brought up the fact that Trump tried to "limit Mueller's Russia probe to only future election meddling." One of the reporters (the transcript doesn't say who) noted that Trump dictated a letter to a former aide, Corey Lewandowski, "telling him to tell" former attorney general Jeff Sessions "to limit the investigation." The details were included in former Special Counsel Robert Mueller's report.
The Time reporter said "he testified under oath under threat of prison time, that that was the case Mr. President." Trump, cornered, did what he usually does: He lashed out and brought up the other letter, the one he had shown off earlier, from North Korea's dictator.
Quoting from the transcript:
TRUMP: "Excuse me — Under Section II — Well, you can go to prison instead, because, if you use, if you use the photograph you took of the letter that I gave you —"
TIME: "Do you believe that people should be —"

TRUMP: "confidentially, I didn't give it to you to take photographs of it — So don't play that game with me. Let me just tell you something. You take a look —"
TIME: "I'm sorry, Mr. President. Were you threatening me with prison time?"

This is unfreakingbelievable

Trump bypasses Congress to push through arms sales to Saudis, UAE

The Trump administration on Friday cited a national security "emergency" allegedly caused by Iran to bypass Congress and rush through arms sales worth billions of dollars to Saudi Arabia and other Middle East allies, in a move that drew condemnation from lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

• Thanks 1

Seriously?

Trump To Assert Bogus “Absolute Immunity” Claim To Keep Annie Donaldson From Testifying

Donaldson negotiated a deal with the committee that would require her to submit written answers within a week of receiving the questions. The committee is able to schedule in-person testimony after Nov. 1. CNN first reported the terms of the agreement.

But the White House, which has been involved in the negotiations, is expected to assert its claims that former aides have “absolute immunity” from testifying to Congress about their service in the White House, sources said.

So now those in the White House have Absolute Immunity????????

Nope nothing to see here folks, all good normal healthy stuff for a democracy.

On 6/24/2019 at 4:21 AM, Farmer77 said:

Seemingly every day the regime is showing its hand a little more. The path we are facing is going to be arduous.

Forward written by Farmer77:

everyone%20I%20hate%20is%20hitler.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 6/25/2019 at 7:14 PM, hacktorp said:

Forward written by Farmer77:

everyone%20I%20hate%20is%20hitler.jpeg

Make your jokes but its only getting worse. This indefensible tidbit being one of the latest:

"Migrant Children Don't Need Beds, Toothbrush Or Soap", Says Trump Administration

• Like 1