Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Farmer77

12 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, there you go. I leant something new. Thsnks Tek! I always thought NATO was a cynical attempt to prevent WW3 from bring fought on US soil.

the only way USSR could bring war to american soil would be nukes, and nato is not able to stop them,  NATO protects Europe, and our political interests in Europe, for our own protection we have NORAD.

no one is preventing ww3, i have a strong feeling it is already scheduled 

Edited by aztek
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

That explains the morons, though. I keep being shocked with otherwise not stupid people insisting on alternative reality they must be aware is false. I still struggle with imagining how that thought process must feel like. My working theory is that it's similar to any substance addiction: they like the high that imaginary reality gives them so much they disregard otherwise usual rational thinking. After a while, the high fades, but especially then they can't face the reality anymore, because it now includes their gigantic failure too.

Finally, someone amoral, illiterate, hateful, petty, with negative IQ points, who proved that's not just equally good as having principles, education, tolerance, compassion, constructive curiosity, it's apparently even better.

Thats a pretty good analysis. Ive done a ton of reading about the psychology of the Trump supporter and thats basically what they are saying. They simply cant admit they were wrong so do and believe whatever they have to to justify their decision.

Fitting with your second sentence I find myself interpreting many as basically saying "yeah he sucks but hes mean to the right people". Never of course in that complete of a thought, that level of awareness isnt there, but boiled down thats the gist of their argument. Efficacy of policy ends up not mattering because mean is the goal in and of itself.

11 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Of course, soon it will be proven that destructive stupidity can bring only destruction, but I would very, very much prefer no one sane in the US has to suffer along with the cultists. They deserve everything they're so eager to inflict on others, but it would be immensely better they end up watching their sane neighbours live happily ever after. 

I know, I know... I can dream, right? Sometimes, some dreams may even come true, if they're not too irrational.    

IDK we're coming to a serious ****ing crossroads here in the US. The dog whistle isnt really working anymore and everyone is able to hear it now which largely makes this election a referendum for our soul. Im scared of the outcome.

Im also not as convinced we'll have a fair election as I have been in the past.  From Trump's "ill accept the results if i win" in 2016 to today there has been nothing which tells me he has any respect for this nation , her institutions or her electorate nor to tell me the senate is anything but a bunch of weak sycophants powerless to do anything.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats a pretty good analysis. Ive done a ton of reading about the psychology of the Trump supporter and thats basically what they are saying. They simply cant admit they were wrong so do and believe whatever they have to to justify their decision.

Fitting with your second sentence I find myself interpreting many as basically saying "yeah he sucks but hes mean to the right people". Never of course in that complete of a thought, that level of awareness isnt there, but boiled down thats the gist of their argument. Efficacy of policy ends up not mattering because mean is the goal in and of itself.

One Godwin is in order here, I think. Inflicting pain on Others was the purpose for the true believer Nazis too. In this part of the world, our domestic varieties each had an outright cult of cruelty. Of course, it's not limited to classic fascists, Stalinists or Nazis, or recent history, back in times of the Inquisition the war against women went way out of any proportion justified with religion or even religious superstition. Back to present time, not to mention those freaks in the Middle East and their C***ifate. Etc. History's full of horrors that have political weight, but ultimately were committed as their own purpose. 

We've got psychos among us. Each time they are allowed to take over an religious or political - and often it's both - platform, we're screwed. 

We have to remember to speak out. Clearly, calmly and without backing down. There's no compromise with a psycho. Only instilling direct fear in the ****er works. And they fear the lack of victim's fear the most. (Personal experience :D )   

IDK we're coming to a serious ****ing crossroads here in the US. The dog whistle isnt really working anymore and everyone is able to hear it now which largely makes this election a referendum for our soul. Im scared of the outcome.

Im also not as convinced we'll have a fair election as I have been in the past.  From Trump's "ill accept the results if i win" in 2016 to today there has been nothing which tells me he has any respect for this nation , her institutions or her electorate nor to tell me the senate is anything but a bunch of weak sycophants powerless to do anything.

It does look tense. I used to, but I don't believe anymore the US has mechanisms to protect itself from each-for-their-own-shortest-term-gain scenario. It sounds bizarre, but it's like there's critical shortage of actual, applied, necessary for society's survival patriotism in a country that talks so much about it.  (Mine is not different at all, but I expected yours has its own survival better secured.) 

But I believe in you. In you personally and all the cool people in the US. There's more of you, you are smarter and more dedicated to your more logical goals.

What Trumpers do is not even biologically justified: people are social animals, we are not designed (evolved, not to start that fight in here :D ) to eat each other, we survive and prosper when we work together. 

Maybe God won't strike them - it would be too easy that way - but Darwin will.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You're tearing your country apart. And you will miss it if it's gone. Your existence wouldn't be easy, or even possible in most cases, if you burn it all to the ground.

Helen, I don't think that you will find an American more sensitive to the notion of America losing its autonomy than me. I look at what America did to Iran by taking out Iran's duly elected President and replacing him with a Shah of Iran and I feel the shame of my America. And yes, the Iranians should have revolted over this impossible situation. Every sovereign nation has a right to their own autonomy.

Trust me Helen. I don't fear the Russians weakening America. I fear the Americans that no longer want the free America we've had all along.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Helen, I don't think that you will find an American more sensitive to the notion of America losing its autonomy than me. I look at what America did to Iran by taking out Iran's duly elected President and replacing him with a Shah of Iran and I feel the shame of my America. And yes, the Iranians should have revolted over this impossible situation. Every sovereign nation has a right to their own autonomy.

Trust me Helen. I don't fear the Russians weakening America. I fear the Americans that no longer want the free America we've had all along.

I trust you when you say that. 

But I don't trust Trump. Or, to be more precise, I trust him to screw up everything he touches, without any understanding or caring what mindless damage he did. 

So, to be honest - friends should be honest with each other - I don't trust your judgement regarding him.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2019 at 12:32 PM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

But why are you so convinced they have expansionist policies?

Is land the only meaningful way to expand?  Can one expand his economy and also provide a great deal of benefit to his country?

You notice that corporations have a number of ways to expand their business. If the market is not limitless, as the world is big but is not limitless, one strategy is to take business from a competitor.  One can pull some dirty tricks, undercut prices, or make special deals, or blemish the companies reputation, or hack their IT and make them dysfunctional.

Maybe Vladimir is trying for a little territory to add some fringe to Russia, but mainly working on expanding financial markets.

If you had the time and manpower to work on messing up your competitors, by say hacking into their email system or their communications and spread false information and maybe some inflammatory messages that look like they come from inside, you just might give it a whirl.

Its cheap, one is not likely to get caught, and the payback for making the biggest competitor in the world dysfunctional is incredible.

I wonder if it could work?

• Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 12:13 PM, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

What does all this have to do with the fact that the President of the United States wants to introduce fascism and abolish opposition parties and take control of the media and do all those things fascists are traditionally supposed to do? 

You are limited by your knowledge of history.  If you don't read history and you think you are really  the smartest guy i the world, you don't need the model of past fascist dictators.  He just wants to be the President, hero, and everyday's biggest attraction of  TrumpUSA Inc. and run it like his family  business, no challenges or questions to the President.

• Like 2

On 7/29/2019 at 8:33 PM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, there you go. I leant something new. Thsnks Tek! I always thought NATO was a cynical attempt to prevent WW3 from bring fought on US soil.

Also don't forget that after WWII, there was a smoking hot defense industry that needed somewhere to unload production, or the economy would crash.  No President wants that.  Eurpoe was a captive customer to the US Defense Industry

They may not pay a lot of dues, but we sold a sh**ton of military hardware to them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Judge Andrew Napolitano: Trump wants to give government permanent authority to spy on everyone in America

Some of the laws that govern who can go to the FISA Court and under what circumstances they can go are about to expire. Inexplicably, the president once victimized by FISA wants to make these laws permanent.

And Trump wants to do so knowing that they are essentially a facade for spying. That would institutionalize the now decades-long federal assault on privacy and evasion of constitutional norms.

It would also place Trump in the same category as his two immediate predecessors, who regularly ordered government agents to violate the Fourth Amendment and then denied they had done so.

Some of my Fox News colleagues joke with me that I am shoveling against the tide when it comes to defending the right to privacy. They claim that there is no more privacy. I disagree with them.

As long as we still have a Constitution, it must be taken seriously and must mean what it says. And its intentionally stringent requirements for enabling the government to invade privacy remain the law of the land. The president has sworn to uphold the Constitution, not the NSA.

The late Supreme Court Justice George Sutherland once wrote that we cannot pick and choose which parts of the Constitution to follow and which to ignore. If we could, the Constitution would be meaningless.

Did Sutherland foresee our present woes when he wrote, “If the provisions of the Constitution be not upheld when they pinch as well as when they comfort, they may as well be abandoned”?

Is that where we are headed?

Political Cartoons by Tom Stiglich

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

And so in practice, am employee will be able to be fired based on the fact they are transgender

Oh no, they'll have to come up with some other pretext, the way Google does to fire conservative employees. Then, I suppose, the TGs will have to go start their own businesses and hire each other. After all, these are private companies, like Google, not beholden to adherence to acceptable social norms.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh no, they'll have to come up with some other pretext, the way Google does to fire conservative employees. Then, I suppose, the TGs will have to go start their own businesses and hire each other. After all, these are private companies, like Google, not beholden to adherence to acceptable social norms.

So you don't think that transgender people should have equal protection under the law. Got it. 

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

So you don't think that transgender people should have equal protection under the law. Got it. 

You don't think conservatives do, either, hypocrite. You're all for discriminating against people you don't like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

You don't think conservatives do, either, hypocrite. You're all for discriminating against people you don't like.

I am a hypocrite. So what? I admit it. The rest of you like to pretend to have some moral high ground, but you really just want to force your biases on everyone.

And Im not for discrimination. I just don't like.poeple because they're people. Has nothing to do with anything else. 

1 minute ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I am a hypocrite. So what? I admit it. The rest of you like to pretend to have some moral high ground, but you really just want to force your biases on everyone.

And Im not for discrimination. I just don't like.poeple because they're people. Has nothing to do with anything else. 

Can't even be honest and admit it, forthright. Myself, I don't like anyone who talks out their backside. Nothing like having the foul taste of your own argument shoved down your throat, is there?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Can't even be honest and admit it, forthright. Myself, I don't like anyone who talks out their backside. Nothing like having the foul taste of your own argument shoved down your throat, is there?

I literally cannot even be more clear. You are just see what you want to see and ignoring what I'm saying. Doesn't matter. We will never agree on anything. 

Just now, Imaginarynumber1 said:

I literally cannot even be more clear. You are just see what you want to see and ignoring what I'm saying. Doesn't matter. We will never agree on anything. 

Yeah, well kreegah, bolgani. This tarmangani has teeth. I'll be here whenever you climb back up into your moral high ground and start preaching and accusing. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Way I see it, a man chooses their politics but doesn’t choose whether or not they are a man, even if they’re men born with vaginas.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Way I see it, a man chooses their politics but doesn’t choose whether or not they are a man, even if they’re men born with vaginas.

As far as I'm concerned, people may choose what they will, live any dream or fantasy of their heart's desire. Where I draw the line is being made an unwilling participant. They can alter their personal reality all they want, but hands off mine.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yeah, well kreegah, bolgani. This tarmangani has teeth. I'll be here whenever you climb back up into your moral high ground and start preaching and accusing. 

Getting in the mood for work tomorrow?