Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

Farmer77

4 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

:P Well there you go, hate speech in full display.  Poor sod, get back to me when you pull your head out. 

And yet I should pull my head out?  Of what?  Your pretend world where I and every other person in the USA gets shot?  Oh,btw personal attacks such as sod (short for sodomizer) are against the rules.  May even constitute hate speech.  You wanna delete that?

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

And despite that I know nobody that has been shot, and most people don't.  I don't know anyone who has shot anyone (except my friends father, a cop who shot someone in the 60's) and most people don't.  And I don't know anyone with a family member that has been shot, and most people don't.  Where is the real fairy land?  The one that has you so enthralled on TV?  Or maybe in a country with over 300 million citizens the vast, vast percentage of which experience this phenomena the same way as you do? On the boob tube.  I say you're in the fairy land so tell me what a nightmare I'm living through that I'm unaware of again :gun: I could use a laugh.

Disappointing comeback to say the least.  Just a repetition of your previous nonsensical post with a few added innuendos.  You really need to brush up in the analytical thinking department.

3 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Disappointing comeback to say the least.  Just a repetition of your previous nonsensical post with a few added innuendos.  You really need to brush up in the analytical thinking department.

No, I really don't.  It's just not as scary here as your TV says it is.  Sorry if thats not analytical enough for you.

Edited by OverSword

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

And yet I should pull my head out?  Of what?  Your pretend world where I and every other person in the USA gets shot?  Oh,btw personal attacks such as sod (short for sodomizer) are against the rules.  May even constitute hate speech.  You wanna delete that?

Oh poor thing, you don't understand English-English.  Nah, I think I'll keep my post.

Every other person in the US gets shot:blink:  Who said that? 

9 hours ago, OverSword said:

Please name the steps taken by trump to make the individual secondary to the state. Where he has made opposition illegal, where he has made steps to ensure nobody runs against him and requires we call him leader. If you answer any of those you’re probably going to look foolish at best and hysterical at worst

The fact that you ignore reasoned points just to reiterate the same argument that "its not worst case scenario so dont bother paying attention" speaks volumes.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OverSword said:

Who said anything about that? Just pointing out the TDS behind this thread by demonstrating what a fascist regime actually looks like.

LMAO  so in your world there are no steps between freedom and dictatorship? Dictatorship just spontaneously happens with no warning signs? And without that totalitarian force magically appearing and crushing society there is no reason to discuss the strength of our institutions?

History would disagree

Edited by Farmer77

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

The fact that you ignore reasoned points just to reiterate the same argument that "its not worst case scenario so dont bother paying attention" speaks volumes.

No Farmer.  There are certain things indicative of a fascist state.  The US run by Trump covers zero.  We were actually closer under Bush Jr. when he stated if your not with us you're against us and then passed the patriot act.  China is an excellent example of a fascist state, not us.

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yep, just experienced it.

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

LMAO  so in your world there are no steps between freedom and dictatorship? Dictatorship just spontaneously happens with no warning signs? And without that totalitarian force magically appearing and crushing society there is no reason to discuss the strength of our institutions?

History would disagree

What inspired me to participate in this thread was watching a documentary on PBS in which they interviewed Italian and German historians about the rise of Mussolini and Hitler.  Watching that pushed home just how far we are from fascism here. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

No Farmer.  There are certain things indicative of a fascist state.  The US run by Trump covers zero.  We were actually closer under Bush Jr. when he stated if your not with us you're against us and then passed the patriot act.  China is an excellent example of a fascist state, not us.

Ok so remove the word fascist and replace it with dictatorship.

1 minute ago, Black Red Devil said:

Yep, just experienced it.

You experienced nothing, you're not even talking about the same subject.  Go find a gun forum and message me.

Just now, OverSword said:

What inspired me to participate in this thread was watching a documentary on PBS in which they interviewed Italian and German historians about the rise of Mussolini and Hitler.  Watching that pushed home just how far we are from fascism here. 

Man im in no way arguing that we are there.

Just that things like POTUS ignoring subpoenas, laws, rules and regulations while calling the press the enemy of the people and working overtime to convince the country that any negative news is "fake" are massive flashing neon warning signs.

• Like 1

Ok so remove the word fascist and replace it with dictatorship.

There's barely and maybe no difference between the two and president Cheeto is not a dictator.

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

No, I really don't.  It's just not as scary here as your TV says it is.  Sorry if thats not analytical enough for you.

I've never said anything like what you're trying to make out I'm saying.  My initial point was that hate speech and easy accessibility to guns is a bad recipe.  Have you laws against hate speech?  No  Do you have a gun culture? Yes 

Will you admit there is a possibility that the two together can increase violence?  Who knows

• Like 1

Man im in no way arguing that we are there.

Just that things like POTUS ignoring subpoenas, laws, rules and regulations while calling the press the enemy of the people and working overtime to convince the country that any negative news is "fake" are massive flashing neon warning signs.

When ignoring the particular subpoenas they ignored is actually illegal let me know.  When they find him in contempt is when you'll know.

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You experienced nothing, you're not even talking about the same subject.  Go find a gun forum and message me.

:lol: :sk  I think I'll stick around here.  You wanted to have fun didn't you?

• Haha 1

I've never said anything like what you're trying to make out I'm saying.  My initial point was that hate speech and easy accessibility to guns is a bad recipe.  Have you laws against hate speech?  No  Do you have a gun culture? Yes 

Will you admit there is a possibility that the two together can increase violence?  Who knows

Sorry, that combination just doesn't frighten me and judging that, that's the way it is it doesn't frighten most of we Americans either.  Thanks for the concern.

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

When ignoring the particular subpoenas they ignored is actually illegal let me know.  When they find him in contempt is when you'll know.

The House just voted to hold Attorney General William Barr and former White House counsel Don McGahn in civil contempt

Or are you saying when the senate holds them in contempt? Which leads to another flashing neon warning sign  - a subservient senate.

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

:lol: :sk  I think I'll stick around here.  You wanted to have fun didn't you?

Fun is my middle name ;)

edit:  back to work

Edited by OverSword

Just now, OverSword said:

Fun is my middle name ;)

It didn't appear so a few posts back.  You were alrighty sulking to the Mods.

Whats the answer to post 414?

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

There is an equal chance that the combination of the two decrease both if shooting your mouth off could mean you literally get your mouth shot off though.  Right? ;)

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

The House just voted to hold Attorney General William Barr and former White House counsel Don McGahn in civil contempt

Or are you saying when the senate holds them in contempt? Which leads to another flashing neon warning sign  - a subservient senate.

Good point.  But as with most thing I'm sure his legal team will advise him to push it to the edge of legality.  What happened when Eric Holder was subpoenaed?  He ignored it.  Were you worried we were under the threat of a dictator?  Obama certainly did many thing without approval from the other branches of government.  Fast & Furious.  Iran Treaty......etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

It didn't appear so a few posts back.  You were alrighty sulking to the Mods.

Whats the answer to post 414?

I'm not the one who was calling people names now, was I.  Answer already entered. 

And if I would have sulked to the mods, which I wouldn't, you would know.

Edited by OverSword

18 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Were you worried we were under the threat of a dictator? 

YES! As was I when Bush appointees did the same at his behest . Honestly this hugely makes my point. Each time the system is bucked it normalizes bucking the system.

Due to these behaviors, as I said above, we are dying a death of a thousand cuts. The reason for discussing it urgently today is the rate those cuts are inflicted has accelerated to break neck speed.

• Thanks 1