Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Farmer77

Trial runs for fascism are in full flow

743 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Farmer77

‘This is Trumpistan’: Ex-White House lawyer explains why Kellyanne Conway getting away with breaking the law is so dangerous

 

Quote

The special counsel, which is itself run by a Trump appointee, has recommended that Conway be removed from her federal job because she has repeatedly used her position in the government to try to influence elections, which is prohibited by the law. But ultimately, enforcing that law is up to President Donald Trump — who has made clear that he has no interest in taking action against Conway.

 

“Look, we have laws in this country,” said Bassin. “And if the president can say to his top official, ‘They don’t apply to you, ignore them’ — what happens to the system? Yesterday, the president said, ‘Ignore the campaign finance laws.’ Today, he says, ‘Ignore the Hatch Act.’ What’s it going to be tomorrow? Ignore bribery laws? At what point do we cease to be a government of laws and not men?”

 

He added: “You talk to the experts — and we do this at Protect Democracy — about how autocrats have dismantled democracies around the world in the 20th century. And what they tell you is they don’t roll the tanks into the middle of the square. They slowly pull the threads out of the system until there’s no system left. And what you’re watching happen, with a president who, yesterday, his lawyer went to court and said, ‘Congress cannot investigate the president for breaking the law.’ Last night he invited foreign governments to interfere in our elections. … The president is poking his eye in the eye of Americans and saying: ‘This is Trumpistan, not the United States of America. Are you going to do anything about it?'”

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77

GOP mutters, gently, as Trump sidesteps Senate for top aides

Quote

ASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump’s latest anointment of an acting head of a major federal agency has prompted muttering, but no more than that, from Republican senators whose job description includes confirming top administration aides.

Their reluctance to confront Trump comes as veterans of the confirmation process and analysts say he’s placed acting officials in key posts in significantly higher numbers than his recent predecessors. The practice lets him quickly, if temporarily, install allies in important positions while circumventing the Senate confirmation process, which can be risky with Republicans running the chamber by a slim 53-47 margin.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 5/4/2019 at 11:50 PM, Black Red Devil said:

Are you capable of recognising the paradox in your statement?

Your perception of those words may constitute a paradox but that isn't MY responsibility.  When speech is suppressed by an entity that has no one to answer to, no higher authority then those who are silenced will find another way, chuckles ;)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
16 hours ago, and then said:

Your perception of those words may constitute a paradox but that isn't MY responsibility.  When speech is suppressed by an entity that has no one to answer to, no higher authority then those who are silenced will find another way, chuckles ;)  

Wow, you slept over that answer. My post goes back almost two months. Whatever enlightens your tunnel vision sunshine. 

Actually the problem isn't even you anyway, hate speech is illegal in most Liberal Democracies in the world, except for the US.  link  You allow one group to rant hatred against another group which then turns to violence.  We stop the rant before it turns to violence.  Get the gist? :yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

You know, it seems to me that we have a full fledged fascist government on this planet right now and it’s not the USA. The USA is nothing like a fascist nation and it’s the height of ignorance of fascism to say that it is. The fascist nation on this planet is named China. 

China has a state run economy in which the individual serves the state not in which the states function is to protect the rights of the individual. China’s current leader has passed laws making it illegal to criticize him and making everything he says right. China has one political party and it’s illegal to oppose it.  They check every fascist box on the list.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

We stop the rant before it turns to violence. 

Yeah, I get the gist.  You live your life under the safe supervision of your betters.  Hell of a way to live.  Over here we tend to let people be free - including being free to endure the responsibility for their actions.  No nannies need apply, yet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You know, it seems to me that we have a full fledged fascist government on this planet right now and it’s not the USA. The USA is nothing like a fascist nation and it’s the height of ignorance of fascism to say that it is. The fascist nation on this planet is named China. 

Sure but our founding fathers called on us to be vigilant. Ignoring the repeated small steps to erode our institutions and systems just because its not tanks rolling into town square at the moment is  just aiding the creation of the conditions that allow those tanks to roll into town square. 

Quote

“The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.”—Thomas Jefferson

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAyMO
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure but our founding fathers called on us to be vigilant. Ignoring the repeated small steps to erode our institutions and systems just because its not tanks rolling into town square at the moment is  just aiding the creation of the conditions that allow those tanks to roll into town square. 

Watching from the outside - you are further down the line than you care to think. Ironically your institutions are unintentionally designed (through the mechanisms for allocating control of public offices and overseeing justice) to produce the very outcome both sides claim to vehemently oppose. 

All it takes is for someone or some group to oversee and camouflage the pulling of the levers. Although in this case the camouflage is thinly applied.

Perhaps Jefferson knew the inherent weakness of the design hence his quote.

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
46 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Watching from the outside - you are further down the line than you care to think. Ironically your institutions are unintentionally designed (through the mechanisms for allocating control of public offices and overseeing justice) to produce the very outcome both sides claim to vehemently oppose. 

All it takes is for someone or some group to oversee and camouflage the pulling of the levers. Although in this case the camouflage is thinly applied.

Perhaps Jefferson knew the inherent weakness of the design hence his quote.

Man I gotta be honest, ive started typing up about five different responses and stopped with all of them because I realized there was no way I could encapsulate the issue in less than a novella.

I agree wholeheartedly. A side effect of being raised by survivalists is a lifetime studying rights , how you lose them, and how to get them back. While what is happening today is above and beyond what weve seen thus far none of it would be possible without the repeated tugging at the strings of our foundations. We're dying a death of a thousand cuts. 

Jefferson absolutely knew the weakness of the design because he understood people and our entire system is dependent upon the moral goodness of the people elected to preserve it.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OverSword said:

You know, it seems to me that we have a full fledged fascist government on this planet right now and it’s not the USA. The USA is nothing like a fascist nation and it’s the height of ignorance of fascism to say that it is. The fascist nation on this planet is named China. 

China has a state run economy in which the individual serves the state not in which the states function is to protect the rights of the individual. China’s current leader has passed laws making it illegal to criticize him and making everything he says right. China has one political party and it’s illegal to oppose it.  They check every fascist box on the list.

good, so let's encourage the State Department to impose Freedom on them,. I'm sure the Chinese'll welcome it with open arms, as the people have everywhere else Freedom has been imposed. 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dumbledore the Awesome
Posted (edited)

Actually maybe that's the only way to successfully run a country these days. Either socialism - what would be seen by America as Commieness - or what could be defined, in terms of state supprot for industry and so on, as fascism. The kind of "democracy" in the USA and UK, certainly, is just a totally ineffectual farce. 

Edited by Dumbledore the Awesome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
8 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah, I get the gist.  You live your life under the safe supervision of your betters.  Hell of a way to live.  Over here we tend to let people be free - including being free to endure the responsibility for their actions.  No nannies need apply, yet.

Yeah words and actions are significantly and lawfully different. Unfortunately your model of 'freedom' most of the times doen't stop with the words which turns out to be a recipe for disaster when you combine it with the average 1 gun per capita in the USA. 

Anyway, your world your problem.  The rest of the Liberal Democratic world will do without hate speech thank you very much. :tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RabidMongoose
On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 5:44 AM, Farmer77 said:

There are four examples of fascism to date and all four arose in a Democracy (Spain, Hungary, Italy, and Germany). The people of each country voted for it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
10 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure but our founding fathers called on us to be vigilant. Ignoring the repeated small steps to erode our institutions and systems just because its not tanks rolling into town square at the moment is  just aiding the creation of the conditions that allow those tanks to roll into town square. 

 

Please name the steps taken by trump to make the individual secondary to the state. Where he has made opposition illegal, where he has made steps to ensure nobody runs against him and requires we call him leader. If you answer any of those you’re probably going to look foolish at best and hysterical at worst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
5 hours ago, Dumbledore the Awesome said:

good, so let's encourage the State Department to impose Freedom on them,. I'm sure the Chinese'll welcome it with open arms, as the people have everywhere else Freedom has been imposed. 

Who said anything about that? Just pointing out the TDS behind this thread by demonstrating what a fascist regime actually looks like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Yeah words and actions are significantly and lawfully different. Unfortunately your model of 'freedom' most of the times doen't stop with the words which turns out to be a recipe for disaster when you combine it with the average 1 gun per capita in the USA. 

Anyway, your world your problem.  The rest of the Liberal Democratic world will do without hate speech thank you very much. :tu:

Guns are an overblown problem. Never seen anyone get shot. Don’t know anyone who’s been shot. Don’t know a shooter. Shootings are very high profile attention grabbing story for the media but in actuality affect very few people. Heart aches for those that are affected but still needs to be kept in context and perspective. In the city I live in it’s perfectly legal to walk around with a gun strapped to your hip. I have seen this happen exactly zero times.  You’re ignorantly making it a bigger problem than it is. You want to criticize us. Criticize the wealthiest nation in the world for its massive homeless problem. Much more legitimate concern that we all see and deal with, not abstract like guns

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phaeton80
On 13-7-2018 at 9:32 AM, Farmer77 said:

War is always good for business. That aside though don't you find it the slightest bit odd that he accepts Putin's word on the whole election thing, pushes for Russia to get a table at the G-7 (despite there being obvious better choices economically), is doing his best to wreck NATO and the UN and all the while doing everything possible to stoke division here in America (Bundy ranch pardons being the most recent example) ?  Oh and meanwhile the only folks he does seem to get along with are people who either are traditional enemies or should be (looking at you Duerte ) . 

Thats an abbreviated list to be sure. IDK man I didnt buy it at first, or at least thought the odds were extremely low,  but the man's actions have recently convinced me he is a Russian mole/plant/spy/patsy/useful idiot / blackmail victim take your pick. 

If he isn't working for the Russians it is one hell of a "happy accident" for them that he got elected. 

 

Working for the Russians.. I dont know, Russian mafia seems to have some historic ties to the man ( Semion Mogilevich ), but if he is 'working' for anyone, its the usual Zionist clique.. Sheldon Adelson and friends.

Both are more Israeli / '21st century Jewish' tied than anything else.. How evident is it Trump is strongly connected to the Israeli cause? Why keep focussing on Russia, while ignoring the elephant in the proverbial room?

Seems to me any effort to label any other nation as 'a Trump puppeteer' is obfuscation of the utterly obvious two way Israeli - Trump collusion (Israel clique > Trump, Trump > Israel clique).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, OverSword said:

Guns are an overblown problem. Never seen anyone get shot. Don’t know anyone who’s been shot. Don’t know a shooter. Shootings are very high profile attention grabbing story for the media but in actuality affect very few people. Heart aches for those that are affected but still needs to be kept in context and perspective. In the city I live in it’s perfectly legal to walk around with a gun strapped to your hip. I have seen this happen exactly zero times.  You’re ignorantly making it a bigger problem than it is. You want to criticize us. Criticize the wealthiest nation in the world for its massive homeless problem. Much more legitimate concern that we all see and deal with, not abstract like guns

:lol:  There are millions of sites, charts, stats, figures showing the US is up there in gun violence/deaths with the likes of Honduras, El Salvador, Brazil, South Africa, Swaziland and many other Central/South American and African Nations. The closest any other western 'Liberal Democracy' comes is light years way.  Just because in your little fairy world nothing happens you can't ignore the big picture.  I'm not saying hate speech and guns are linked, but if you had to put it on a Richter scale of high risks, having easy accessibility to guns where people can basically demeanour, offend and threaten others freely is pretty dangerous don't you think?

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

:lol:  There are millions of sites, charts, stats, figures showing the US is up there in gun violence/deaths with the likes of Honduras, El Salvador, Brazil, South Africa, Swaziland and many other Central/South American and African Nations. The closest any other western 'Liberal Democracy' comes is light years way.  Just because in your little fairy world nothing happens you can't ignore the big picture. 

And despite that I know nobody that has been shot, and most people don't.  I don't know anyone who has shot anyone (except my friends father, a cop who shot someone in the 60's) and most people don't.  And I don't know anyone with a family member that has been shot, and most people don't.  Where is the real fairy land?  The one that has you so enthralled on TV?  Or maybe in a country with over 300 million citizens the vast, vast percentage of which experience this phenomena the same way as you do? On the boob tube.  I say you're in the fairy land so tell me what a nightmare I'm living through that I'm unaware of again :gun: I could use a laugh.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
17 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

I'm not saying hate speech and guns are linked, but if you had to put it on a Richter scale of high risks having easy accessibility to guns where people can basically demeanour, offend and threaten others legally is pretty dangerous don't you think?

If you're a poo$$y.  I think the last time I insulted a stranger was about 90 minutes ago when he almost got hit by a car texting. Should I have been scared he might shoot me  :passifier:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

If you're a poo$$y.  I think the last time I insulted a stranger was about 90 minutes ago when he almost got hit by a car texting. Should I have been scared he might shoot me  :passifier:

Wow, what a tough guy.  Another armchair hawker full of fluff.  It's alright buddy go play with yourself in front of the mirror.  :sk

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
Just now, Black Red Devil said:

Wow, what a tough guy.  Another armchair hawker full of fluff.  It's alright buddy go play with yourself in front of the mirror.  :sk

Get run over while texting.  I'll send flowers darth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Red Devil
1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Get run over while texting.  I'll send flowers darth.

:P Well there you go, hate speech in full display.  Poor sod, get back to me when you pull your head out. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
South Alabam
19 hours ago, OverSword said:

You know, it seems to me that we have a full fledged fascist government on this planet right now and it’s not the USA. The USA is nothing like a fascist nation and it’s the height of ignorance of fascism to say that it is. The fascist nation on this planet is named China. 

China has a state run economy in which the individual serves the state not in which the states function is to protect the rights of the individual. China’s current leader has passed laws making it illegal to criticize him and making everything he says right. China has one political party and it’s illegal to oppose it.  They check every fascist box on the list.

Well screw China's idiotic leader and everything he says.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.