Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump in the UK

jerry1234

Trump forces the Britons to leave the US otherwise they get no deal.

How does the populatioon perceive that there? I hope they remain in the EU :) now

(Furthermore, his speech was so embarissing he was just talking about how mighty he is and that he owns land in Ireland and Scotland...... Allthough the population there will tell you that he is a tyrnat.  He should have talked about how he got that land and how treated the people there..but stealing land is the American way I guess)

Edited by jerry1234
  • Like 2

Trump perceives the EU as a economic power that has the potential to challenge the US (either that or he has others' interests in mind). It is his aim therefore to destroy it before it can get to the stage of a superpower.

Hence his attacks on Germany, his attempt to bribe France to leave, and his support for the hardest of brexit

• Like 4

you know.... the more people loose their minds over the Trump Presidency the funnier it gets....

I thought I would be annoyed  by the protests against him in London and the Blimp Baby and whatnot but now the day
has arrived I'm finding it funny... it's like when toddlers throw a massive tantrum and onlookers find it kind of amusing... ^_^

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Trump perceives the EU as a economic power that has the potential to challenge the US (either that or he has others' interests in mind). It is his aim therefore to destroy it before it can get to the stage of a superpower.

Hence his attacks on Germany, his attempt to bribe France to leave, and his support for the hardest of brexit

In my opnion this rethoric is called "war rhetoric" and you treat enemies this way not so called allies. (Not even Rome did treat their allies this way at least at first --> see de bello noricum). Also let me tell you diplomicy economics is not business administration ( I work in business adminsitration) so even if those measures might work in a competetive environment liek a buisness environment. It won't here. There are a lot of other apsects which he does not take into account. But well that is what people get if they vote for some richt heir who only was after money, power and women. widosm? science? ecomocis? history? politics? not intereisting for Mr. Dump.

I only can hope that a common enemy birngs teh EU back together in a postive way.

Edited by jerry1234
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Oh come on, surely you don't believe that any more do you  :unsure: 

36 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

My personal opinion is that he can't have such complex thoughts on his own, it's Russia that perceives the EU as a competition and the reason why they can't manipulate and annex around Europe.

Even if I was wrong about the origin of Trump's stance on (actually, against) the EU, still he shares it with Russia, completely.    

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

Oh come on, surely you don't believe that any more do you  :unsure: 

That Trump is trying to destroy the EU, absolutely. Why? I am not so sure of. 

1 hour ago, jerry1234 said:

Trump forces the Britons to leave the US otherwise they get no deal.

How does the populatioon perceive that there? I hope they remain in the EU :) now

(Furthermore, his speech was so embarissing he was just talking about how mighty he is and that he owns land in Ireland and Scotland...... Allthough the population there will tell you that he is a tyrnat.  He should have talked about how he got that land and how treated the people there..but stealing land is the American way I guess)

We can't make a deal with the US while we're tied to the EU he's just stating the obvious, the EU's obstinance in making a trade deal is pushing us towards Trump, we need him as a friend more than ever.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, hetrodoxly said:

We can't make a deal with the US while we're tied to the EU he's just stating the obvious, the EU's obstinance in making a trade deal is pushing us towards Trump, we need him as a friend more than ever.

According to your own pm and your own cabinet you can. The pm plans to advise Trump on this today. I. E. How her plan makes this possible. Do you really believe that Trump read the white paper or took advice on it. I suspect he read a few tweets which mirrored his view and based his judgement on those. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RAyMO said:

That Trump is trying to destroy the EU, absolutely. Why? I am not so sure of. 

I mean that the EU can become a superpwer that could challenge the might of Uncle Sam. 

1 minute ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

I mean that the EU can become a superpwer that could challenge the might of Uncle Sam.

No, not in my lifetime but I believe if it gets its act together it can be a potent force. As it is Trump thinks it is already giving the US superpower a thumping when it comes to trade hence (possibly) his disdain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hetrodoxly said:

So much for taking back control then. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hetrodoxly said:

If your definition of freindship is threating then I would like to know your definitioon of enemy.

It is not obvious, every country has a lot of deals with a  lot of countries to put it simple. And, ussually you would call this hostile act against the EU as well as Britain, asuming you have selfesteem.

Not long ago a president would have said that if the UK considered making a deal with North Korea.

Also I love the argument that the other party is pushing soemone into some direction this sounds as if the UK has no will of her own, well maybe she hasnt.

Edited by jerry1234
  • Like 1

<snip>

wrong thread.

Edited by RAyMO

Trump brilliant as ever, strong leader. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

I hear Kim Jong Un is a strong leader, too.

His people stand up to attention around him.

If they can still stand.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

flipped today though. Trade deal fully possible. According to Trump he read something that gave me the wrong impression now he believes that chequers paper will deliver a situation where the UK and the US can trade. 

question is do you believe Wednesday's Trump or Fridays Trump.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

flipped today though. Trade deal fully possible. According to Trump he read something that gave me the wrong impression now he believes that chequers paper will deliver a situation where the UK and the US can trade. 

question is do you believe Wednesday's Trump or Fridays Trump.

Just listened to trump Live. The joint press conference with May, in short this mornings headlines Fake News. Apparently trump records every interview because of fakes news. The question you allude to was asked by a reporter and trump answered.

You've been had by fake news. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

You've been had by fake news. 

My comments were his from the press conference which I also listened to live - he quite clearly has changed his position from Wednesday - he quite clearly said he read something that give him the impression that chequers would means no trade deal with the UK, he quite clearly said whatever form of brexit is agreed he is OK with and all he wanted was the deal would allow trade deals with the US. He quite clearly said he was convinced that this was possible under Mays plan.

The Fake News reference as he explained was referring to the Sun writing about Boris as PM while leaving out the nice things he said about May.  He did not deny anything else about the sun story - other than it left out his nice comments about May.

The Sun has already retorted by the way saying that it too has tapes and everything in its story is true.

so no I wasn't taken in by fake news - he has flipped his publicly stated opinion in the course of 2 days. 

• Like 2

Fake news. Trump was right in his assessment. The UK will not be able to do a full trade deal with the USA if we follow Theresa May's white paper, whatever May said to him today is a lie, she speaks with forked tongue. As we're fully aware.

Theresa the liar May, out. 

• Like 2

"I don't take questions from CNN. It's fake news, fake news"

I almost spit my frosted flakes across the room :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

Fake news. Trump was right in his assessment. The UK will not be able to do a full trade deal with the USA if we follow Theresa May's white paper, whatever May said to him today is a lie, she speaks with forked tongue. As we're fully aware.

Theresa the liar May, out. 

Can you please give me a definition of fake news. That the person in power calls every news fake which does not suit him is nothing new. A lot of tyrants did that in teh past.

That being said, people forget that this is not your neighbor or some random perons who accuses media of being fake (if they were fake then there are laws in place on which you could sue them, well that doesn't happen because they are not fake but soemtiems opinionated, but  an enlightend adult shoudl be able to differentiate.)

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jerry1234 said:

Can you please give me a definition of fake news. That the person in power calls every news fake which does not suit him is nothing new. A lot of tyrants did that in teh past.

That being said, people forget that this is not your neighbor or some random perons who accuses media of being fake (if they were fake then there are laws in place on which you could sue them, well that doesn't happen because they are not fake but soemtiems opinionated, but  an enlightend adult shoudl be able to differentiate.)

Or use spellcheck.  Just saying.

Jerry so you want the media to tell lies and misinformation? The EU is corrupt, not supporting our freedom and wants to have a war

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Or use spellcheck.  Just saying.

Nitpicker. If I can decipher it, certainly the native speakers should be able to too... all right, this 'to too' was weird. Have I mentioned before that you've got weird language? :D 

Anyway, jerry makes good points.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2