Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump in the UK

jerry1234

16 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Real fools.

No, seriously, how can you use that pathetic 'fake news' term, not just because it's used by the actual spewers of the fakest news they (wrongly) see beneficial at the moment - and contradict them often within the same day - but also because it's stolen from actual Nazi vocabulary?

Didn't you hear by now it's 'Lügenpresse' translated? Was it that hard to coin a term of your own and not borrow from the actual freaking Nazis?   

You've managed to squeeze Nazis into a reply. Mention the Yugoslav war and bingo full House. Amazing. And it all started with fake news. See how this **** gets twisted

Fake News. 

Edited by stevewinn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

While waiting for guests Donald and Melania Trump to arrive at Windsor Castle today, Queen Elizabeth II was spotted checking her watch, like a very normal, probably hot (it was 80 degrees in Windsor today) human queen.

The Trumps were scheduled to meet with the Queen for tea this afternoon at Windsor Castle, but Her Majesty waited (in public and on live TV, no less) for more than 10 minutes. It's unclear whether the Queen was just early for the meet up or the Trumps were actually late, but people on Twitter certainly had feelings about the whole situation.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/queen-did-not-look-amused-174600911.html

:ph34r: From one of the more left leaning sites.

IF he behaved that way intentionally it was boorish and petty and he needs to apologize.  She's 92 FHS.  My guess is that he did no such thing on purpose.  Melania wouldn't let him.  :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, stevewinn said:

You've managed to squeeze Nazis into a reply. Mention the Yugoslav war and bingo full House. Amazing. And it all started with fake news. See how this **** gets twisted

Fake News. 

Don't blow a fuse now. 

Each time you say 'fake news' you're not only squeezing Nazis in, you are also squeezing your English nationalism into their ideology. 

The sound you hear each time you do that are your ancestors rolling in their graves. 

• Like 2

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

Don't blow a fuse now. 

Each time you say 'fake news' you're not only squeezing Nazis in, you are also squeezing your English nationalism into their ideology. 

The sound you hear each time you do that are your ancestors rolling in their graves. 

Yep, it's still fake news. 

How many people wear Hugo Boss clothing? Makers of SS uniforms. How many people use products by Siemens? Profits made via slave labour. Who drives a VW car, profits came from supporting the nazi party. How many people use medication by Bayer all collaborated with the Nazi party. 

And as for my ancestors, my G. Grandad died in a German PoW camp. It was a split camp US and British troops, one night, he got drunk with the home made hooch made by the US prisoners. Obviously he had to hide the fact he was drunk otherwise there'd be nothing down for him, so he slowly climbed the stairs, stumbled forward and fell out of his guard tower. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

You've managed to squeeze Nazis into a reply.

They were part of the Axis Alliance. Could be why she brings it up all the time?

• Thanks 1

Have a nice day

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Setton said:

So much for taking back control then. 

How is making our own trade deals not 'taking back control'?

10 hours ago, jerry1234 said:

If your definition of freindship is threating then I would like to know your definitioon of enemy.

It is not obvious, every country has a lot of deals with a  lot of countries to put it simple. And, ussually you would call this hostile act against the EU as well as Britain, asuming you have selfesteem.

Not long ago a president would have said that if the UK considered making a deal with North Korea.

Also I love the argument that the other party is pushing soemone into some direction this sounds as if the UK has no will of her own, well maybe she hasnt.

You need to read my post again?

Time for the Conservatives to put Theresa May out of her political misery and put her out to pasture.Jacob Rees-Mogg is the man for the top job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, stevewinn said:

And Helen somehow like she always does managed to squeeze putin into a reply. 

It's one of the laws. Chaos always has to mention Hitler, Helen always has to mention Putin. 

I feel sorry for poor old Mussolini.  He's the one the Orange Donald most closely resembles by far. :unsure: 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Time for the Conservatives to put Theresa May out of her political misery and put her out to pasture.Jacob Rees-Mogg is the man for the top job.

So the problem in the Tory party is that it just isn't outdated, regressive and backward thinking enough?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, and then said:

IF he behaved that way intentionally it was boorish and petty and he needs to apologize.  She's 92 FHS.  My guess is that he did no such thing on purpose.  Melania wouldn't let him.  :P 

from what I gather ------ Her Maj looked at her watch - and the Poisonous Press began the rumour that was gobbled up
by those addicted to the poison and bingo another myth was created - :rolleyes:

Ironically I expect many / most   of the Twittery etc Accusers have the kind of politics that would disagree with having a monarchy anyway
and would have disdain for those who show high levels of respect for the Queen and the strict protocols attached to her official engagements... 

8 hours ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Jacob Rees-Mogg is the man for the top job.

sounds good, we will make the UK great again, lets sound as we mean to go on

Hear thee, hear thee, from this noon forth the venerable title of Prime Minster Rees-Mogg will be know among nobles and commoners alike as Primus Ceasar Rees-Moggus.

• Haha 2

The visit by President Trump as been huge succes. He met the Prime Minister and Queen. The ties between our great nations are even stronger. And he wants a trade deal with the UK once we leave the EU. 

Welcome Trump back when he starts his second term as president. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

sounds good, we will make the UK great again, lets sound as we mean to go on

Hear thee, hear thee, from this noon forth the venerable title of Prime Minster Rees-Mogg will be know among nobles and commoners alike as Primus Ceasar Rees-Moggus.

Or.... (dispensing with your historic references :P)...... just Moggy will do

Moggy for PM !!!

One cool cat :) 

2 minutes ago, bee said:

One cool cat

Seriously though

Is he not a strict catholic - when was the last time a catholic held the position of PM, are there constitutional issues I have read yes and I have read no - so I am not clear.

Would the DUP support a party led by a catholic if that was needed.

5 minutes ago, bee said:

Or.... (dispensing with your historic references :P)...... just Moggy will do

Moggy for PM !!!

One cool cat :) 

So, I presume, carrying on from your love for the Emperor Donald, you're expanding that theme that, since "democratic" politics is nothing but a joke now, we may as well have jokes in all the high positions of office?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

Doubtful he will ever be invited back after that debacle. Pretty sure any other European countries thinking of inviting him will now think twice. 

Edited by RAyMO

4 minutes ago, stevewinn said:

The visit by President Trump as been huge succes. He met the Prime Minister and Queen. The ties between our great nations are even stronger. And he wants a trade deal with the UK once we leave the EU. 

yay......

you can't Stump the Trump or Con the Don....

honestly you would have thought people would have been pleased to see a President that didn't come out of the ranks
of the pampered political elite who feel that it's their birthright to be rulers of the common folk - like political royalty -
but the Main Stream Media pedaling negative emotion won't allow that - try and keep the lid on that...

Trump is the People's President not the Elite or Intelligentsia's President.... and that's why they hate him and want
everyone else to hate him... 

IMO :) 

Just now, bee said:

honestly you would have thought people would have been pleased to see a President that didn't come out of the ranks
of the pampered political elite who feel that it's their birthright to be rulers of the common folk - like political royalty -
but the Main Stream Media pedaling negative emotion won't allow that - try and keep the lid on that...

Political elite , economic elite, six of one half dozen of the other. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vlad the Mighty said:

So, I presume, carrying on from your love for the Emperor Donald, you're expanding that theme that, since "democratic" politics is nothing but a joke now, we may as well have jokes in all the high positions of office?

you don't like Moggy.... ?

1 minute ago, bee said:

Trump is the People's President not the Elite or Intelligentsia's President

No, I think even his worst detractors would have to concede, he's not the intelligentsia's President ... :mellow:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bee said:

he may be a good source of entertainment, but that's what people thought about Boris.

6 minutes ago, bee said:

I know that was to Vlad - but how he comes across is not as important as what he does or doesn't do.

His voting record in the house is available here basically more for the better off less for the others.

To be quite honest I wonder if Ruth Davidson might not be a good choice. The Scottish Conservatives were the only branch of the Party that increased it vote at Ms. May's disastrous 2016 election, she seems to be reasonably sane and rational, and she's in a same-sex relationship, which would shake up the blustering old fogey element no end! ^_^

• Like 1