Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Meets the Queen

Minimalists

The royals are not allowed to get involved in politics. They are kept out of it and they keep out of it. I should hope that Donald Trump showed courtesy and respect on that fact alone.

It would be pointless to be deliberately Disrespectful, and he would have been thoroughly informed of protocol in this case, so I am going to choose to believe he forgot, and was not thinking. But I cannot help but wonder if he would of done the same thing if England had a King.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if it was deliberate or not...And I am aware that the Royals do not get involved in politics...As far Trump goes does he even know what protocol is? Sorry but the pic just struck me the wrong way...

• Like 3

I did like the alternative interpretation I saw with the video. It really does look like she's training him to walk. 

• Haha 7

It seems the beloved Meghan and Trump both have a few things to learn.

MEGHAN Markle was “pleased” with the result of the Irish abortion referendum, a Fine Gael Senator claimed in a quickly deleted tweet.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2834124/meghan-markle-pleased-irish-abortion-referendum-result/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

I don't know if it was deliberate or not...And I am aware that the Royals do not get involved in politics...As far Trump goes does he even know what protocol is? Sorry but the pic just struck me the wrong way...

It does look bad.  As for protocol, I don't think he cares much for it but being casual with the traditions of a well-respected, valued Ally of long-standing is crass.  I can't imagine that he intentionally dissed the Queen.  It would serve no purpose and I'm serious, Melania would give him hell.  She's a lady and wouldn't put up with such stuff without being heard on the matter.  Dude is just not very polished and never will be... I'll STILL take him over the slick globalist shills any day.

• Like 7

I don't think he intentionally did it...But the old saying when in Rome do as the Romans do...

• Like 1

He's such an embarrassment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

He's such an embarrassment.

At times, yes he is.  I still prefer a bull-in-a-China Shop to a polished jerk that goes on a world apology tour though.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It seems the beloved Meghan and Trump both have a few things to learn.

MEGHAN Markle was “pleased” with the result of the Irish abortion referendum, a Fine Gael Senator claimed in a quickly deleted tweet.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2834124/meghan-markle-pleased-irish-abortion-referendum-result/

Ouch!  That's gonna leave a mark... :P 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, and then said:

At times, yes he is.  I still prefer a bull-in-a-China Shop to a polished jerk that goes on a world apology tour though.

If anyone deserved to go on a world apology tour...

*facepalm*

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Alien Origins said:

Does this President have respect for anyone he meets?

6c29e41efa0c93377b9c4bd459d004a1

Look at this..Just totally disrespecting the Queen by walking in front of her...Man I swear the gall of this guy escapes even me.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-uk-visit-president-shocks-181325179.html

Seriously?  Vanity fair reports

This wasn’t the smoothest of walks, at least on the president’s part; at one point, the Queen motioned for him to go ahead, and his large frame briefly eclipsed hers.

So the queen motioned for him to walk ahead.  News.  Get a life.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, and then said:

Not... Really... 

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Like I said, teaching him to walk. 

You remember at school when someone would tap you on the far shoulder to make you look the wrong way? That's all I can think of here. 

Of course, knowing the Queen's sense of humour, that might be exactly what she's doing... 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, and then said:

Nah, the news won't go on and on about it for weeks or even years. It'll be like when the Queen motioned her to get into the car first. Oh, the horror! :o They mention it for a couple of days and then have the class to let it drop.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It probably wouldn't be news if it wasn't for the history he has of shoving people out of the way so he can be in front for the photo op. 

I was really hoping he didn't manhandle her, but I wasn't entirely certain that it was out of the question. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It probably wouldn't be news if it wasn't for the history he has of shoving people out of the way so he can be in front for the photo op. 

Except we already established, in that thread, they were instructed on where to stand before they were all called together for the photo shoot. He barely brushed the guy. Remember? ;)

Hashed and rehashed...

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I was really hoping he didn't manhandle her, but I wasn't entirely certain that it was out of the question. 

the Queen is no Stormy Daniels, Chaos. and she can't be bought off either. she has an entire guard that even thou only looks like its fit for ceremonial duty they could have gotten to the Trump quicker than the secret service. 

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Except we already established, in that thread, they were instructed on where to stand before they were all called together for the photo shoot. He barely brushed the guy. Remember? ;)

Hashed and rehashed...

Every excuse under the sun...for the inexcusable. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ChaosRose said:

Every excuse under the sun...for the inexcusable. 

As opposed to spreading misinformation?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In the picture of Trump, Melania and the Queen in the middle, her Majesty doesn't look very pleased does she.  I guess bowing is optional, according to the article,  but if I was to meet the Queen I would bow, because it is cool and shows good manners. Something Trump is truly lacking. .     

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

As opposed to spreading misinformation?

It's not misinformation.

I've seen the video. 

If you don't like being misinformed, I don't know why you defend Trump.

He lies all the time...on purpose. 

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

It's not misinformation.

I've seen the video. 

If you don't like being misinformed, I don't know why you defend Trump.

He lies all the time...on purpose. 

And that was your interpretation or as told to you by CNN.

I haven't listened to what any president has had to say since the early nineties. All they all do is lie in their speeches. There are many other ways to judge them...such as their voting records, the issues they support or don't and the results of their actions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

In the picture of Trump, Melania and the Queen in the middle, her Majesty doesn't look very pleased does she.  I guess bowing is optional, according to the article,  but if I was to meet the Queen I would bow, because it is cool and shows good manners. Something Trump is truly lacking. .     

What did the Queen do to deserve a bow?

Oh that's right, she was born.

FLOTUS and POTUS don't bow to anyone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

What did the Queen do to deserve a bow?

I think she does, but actually Trump did bow. Now the deep, long type of bow Obama tended to do, but it was considered a proper bow.

However, eagle-eyed viewers have spotted Trump did in fact give a subtle bow of his head when he stepped out his Range Rover and locked eyes with the Queen.

Many people missed it because the car door was blocking the TV cameras showing the nod in full effect - but it's there in the video footage to view (see above).

The Queen then greeted the couple with a smile and a handshake.

Similarly, former POTUS Barack Obama gave a similar nod of the head gesture when he met the monarch in 2009.

And the Queen's former press secretary Dickie Arbiter has previously told of how bowing or curtsying when in the presence of a member of the Royal family is not necessary and there is not "hard and fast rule."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/trump-bow-queen-fast-you-12912899

What!?!? No huge uproar back then? :lol:

No doubt we will be hearing the misinformation for years to come though. :rolleyes:

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2