Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you like the sound of your own voice?

Still Waters

Most of us have shuddered on hearing the sound of our own voice. In fact, not liking the sound of your own voice is so common that there’s a term for it: voice confrontation.

But why is voice confrontation so frequent, while barely a thought is given to the voices of others?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/jul/12/the-real-reason-the-sound-of-your-own-voice-makes-you-cringe

• Like 5

Yes, I like the sound of my own voice... unitl I actually hear it... then I'm thinking "Who the heck is that guy?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Hearing a recording of your speaking voice is usually a bit of a shock and disappointment ... I sound like an 8 year old with an adenoid condition.  Hehe.     I like my singing voice though.   ( have lot's of recordings )

• Like 3

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard a recording of my own voice, but it is way too quiet and kind of timid-sounding.

Another site I used years ago had a way of making very short recordings of your voice that could then be downloaded for everyone to hear ..... a bit like using photobucket or flikr etc. Anyone here know how to do that? It would be fun to hear what you all sound like!

• Like 2

Apparently I sound like Mary Poppins. I wouldn't know. Truly don't like the sound of my voice. 

• Haha 2

I have a wardrobe of voices that I use that are dependent on age gender and social setting that range from Donald Duck to Barry White.:lol:

jmccr8

• Haha 2

I like the sound of my voice.  It's good enough to be a DJ on radio stations, which I've done in the past.

• 5 weeks later...

I my head my voice is 'meh'

And I was told for year that I had a "Cute" Voice.

When I here my own voice on recordings. I totally here it.

Except for my inability to say J's. Replacing them with Y's That kind of p***es me off.

I tend to have two voices. My radio voice and my regular speaking voice. I cant lie my radio voice is pretty damn sexy, but my speaking voice not so much. I find I sound a little too Bill & Ted when im casual.