Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telekineses

Spiritf

1 hour ago, Spiritf said:

The cable was charging my kindle underneath. I have come to the conclusion that people will always debunk and thats ok . Ill do another and just move the cable to see if  that makes the clock tick.  

You have to be critical of what you're doing. An honest effort for the sake of curiosity is fine, go for it. However you need to be careful of false positives. 

It did amuse me that you suggested i "design" an experiment, so you can see if it's valid..that is soo funny .

Why do you think it's funny?  Lots of people like to scam, or just make up stories, pretend to have powers...  Some for the giggles, others to make money.  Do you like to be scammed by people?  Hereabouts, we try to explain and solve mysteries, so that only genuine ones get through.  You've already indicated that you weren't even aware of the watch / clock issues, so this would appear to be a brand new subject to you (or you could be trolling).

It's not a new topic to us, so don't be surprised if we are rather cynical.  Seen it all before.  Many trolls and pretenders and self-deluders have walked your path before you, so don't be surprised if we do a little 'weeding'.

I could show you the video but why? Like i mentioned before I don't need anyone's valid I was looking for someone who knows the subject who could advise. But I will keep looking i thought this was that kind of forum .my mistake.

And yet here you are asking lots of questions and posting your claims...  We've been around the block a few times, Spiritf...

What simple controls do you suggest?

You've already been picked up on the cable proximity, as well as the fact that watches and clocks are notoriously useless for this type of claim.  Those sort of things are 'controls'.  There are more, and mostly they are quite simple.

First ever what? 

..person to truly prove even a shred of PK ability.

To Chaos Rose...

Why do we automatically think it's trainable?
It's not predictable, and it's not controllable, and it indicates there's something wrong.

CR, while that may be true, it's also rather convenient that everything seems to make this untestable.  Given the unprecedented amount of security video surveillance that now exists, isn't it a little bit damning that no footage yet exists?  Can you point at the best example you've seen/heard about?  Obviously it is a cultural belief, so how do you decide who to believe?  Given that cultural issue, added to people's desire to be special, how do you ensure that *all* claims are not purely from that?

Back to Spiritf..

Has anyone here actually tried it?

Yes.  In my early teens I almost believed in this stuff .. but then grew up.  I've done the watch thing too, at the time when Uri Geller was pushing his bull****.

I'm not gonna argue with anybody about it, because quite honestly, I understand why they don't believe it.

Mate, you're at a discussion forum.  If you don't want to debate your claim, post it on a blog and then you can gleefully delete all dissent.  If you want anyone here to believe your claim, then you should probably listen to those who are suggesting some basic checks and balances...

• Thanks 1

Not a troll or scanner or trying to get money,  it is actually a brand new subject hence my asking for advice.

I don't mind the weeding.

What about Nina Kulagina? 

Been around the block...meaning?

The cable was charging my kindle underneath. I have come to the conclusion that people will always debunk and thats ok . Ill do another and just move the cable to see if  that makes the clock tick.  

Sorry about the music turn down your volume. 

1 hour ago, Spiritf said:

Been around the block...meaning?

It means a lot of us have seen a wide variety of claims involving the paranormal/supernatural. These never really pan out to any "spooky". You experimenting with PK is better than most who've never tried. I would suggest from personal experience. Do not take it seriously. 

5 hours ago, Spiritf said:

What about Nina Kulagina?

If Youtube is your thang...

Otherwise:

And:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nina_Kulagina

Read the Dispute section carefully.  That's why we need controls - she would set these things up in advance without proper scrutiny.  And there were strong political reasons for both the USSR and the USA playing these stupid games.

I am still open minded on the subject ,  I believe that the mind body spirit has more potential than we know. I shall continue to experiment, and have fun doing so.  One thing though Nina said she had to get mad to move things, I wasn't mad when I believe I was able to move the second hand. I also tried to move it anti clockwise with no success at this time.

• Like 1

On 15/07/2018 at 11:38 AM, Spiritf said:

Hi, I found this forum because I am in need of advice.

I started practising on telekinesis yesterday .I figured since over the years i haven't been able to wear a watch as it will stop, and I have found that. I have been able to start pc ,phone ,ac, that is not working or male-functioned. I would give it a go on a broken clock. Well after some frustration i calmed myself and within a few mins the second hand began moving and kept going for a while. My problem is how do you switch it off after?  Immediately after moving the watch second hand, I wanted to send the video that I had been recording on my phone to a friend, my phone froze momentarily, then I went to iron some jeans and the iron blew up flash of light, tripped the mains . The sockets downstairs were still working......until i went to the fuse box and touched the trip switch ...everything went off !!! It lasted 15 mind and all came back on...so to avoid this in the future , can someone please tell me how to shut it off after because I want to keep practising. Thanks.

Prove it and change the world?

So many claims, so little evidence.

21 hours ago, Spiritf said:

ChrLzs thanks for your reply. 

I didn't know that about watches thanks.

I never said it was unusual for an iron to blow i am explaining what happened.electricians report really?

It did amuse me that you suggested i "design" an experiment, so you can see if it's valid..that is soo funny .

I could show you the video but why? Like i mentioned before I don't need anyone's valid

You could get a Nobel prize if you wrote a paper proving how this works, I'm sure of it. It would change biology and physics as we know it. Plus, there's prize money of over half a million pounds.

I literally cannot think of a reason not to do this.

20 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

There might actually be something to psychokinesis, but it would be extremely difficult to test.

How about coming up with a theory on how it could work first, before commencing with all the hand waving about how difficult it is to test

20 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Reasons I think this are personal experience. There's no proof and proof is probably not going to be forthcoming because it's just such an unpredictable thing. 

So are thunderstorms but we study those fine.

19 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

If you haven't experienced it, then you wouldn't expect it to be possible. 

Why do you assume that its something as utterly unfounded as "telekinesis" and not just a trick of your highly fallible mind?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Truthseeker007 said:

In here people that don't understand something they call it woo.

Not quite :) It's shorthand for something that's pseduoscientific. So - something that sounds scientific but has not actual basis in science. 

Like telekinesis. 

16 hours ago, Spiritf said:

No, its just that people here aren't going to swallow the first claim that comes their way, not even with a hard-to-verify video to back it up.

We have a high standard of evidence. If your claims were real, you shouldn't have a problem with this.

Why don't you go and get it tested by a lab?

18 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

Not quite :) It's shorthand for something that's pseduoscientific. So - something that sounds scientific but has not actual basis in science. 

Like telekinesis. 

So in other words something science don't understand.:lol:

39 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

So in other words something science don't understand.:lol:

I'd say it was more the other way around - something that people who don't understand science believe in :D

1 hour ago, Emma_Acid said:

How about coming up with a theory on how it could work first, before commencing with all the hand waving about how difficult it is to test

I have no idea how it works.

And as far as I know, I have not waved any hands around.

I have put forward that it sometimes happens to people under extreme stress, because that has been my experience.

Thunderstorms happen on a fairly regular basis, so they are things that can be more easily observed.

On the other hand, some people experience this only once in their lifetimes, and it's entirely unexpected.

Edited by ChaosRose

20 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

I'd say it was more the other way around - something that people who don't understand science believe in :D

Yes professor ma'am Emma.:lol:

• Haha 1

If someone claims that they can move objects with their mind, at will...it's a lot easier to test that.

You put them in a controlled situation and see if they can do it.

It's different if someone says this only happened a few times during my life, and I have no idea what caused it.

Just a clue that it might have something to do with extreme trauma.

So what is an ethical scientist to do? Put people under extreme trauma and observe them...for years?

They can't really do that, which is why I said I felt it was difficult to test. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

I have no idea how it works.

And as far as I know, I have not waved any hands around.

I have put forward that it sometimes happens to people under extreme stress, because that has been my experience.

Thunderstorms happen on a fairly regular basis, so they are things that can be more easily observed.

On the other hand, some people experience this only once in their lifetimes, and it's entirely unexpected.

Then how do you know it actually exists and isn't just a trick of the mind?

Just now, Emma_Acid said:

Hmm.... strictly speaking... Telekinesis would constitute a "trick of the mind" :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Emma_Acid said:

I don't know if you've read all of my posts, but I have experienced this and it has been witnessed by others around me.