Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Spiritf

Telekineses

87 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Truthseeker007
17 hours ago, Spiritf said:

 

That's cool! Great job!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Emma_Acid
39 minutes ago, Truthseeker007 said:

So in other words something science don't understand.:lol:

I'd say it was more the other way around - something that people who don't understand science believe in :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Emma_Acid said:

How about coming up with a theory on how it could work first, before commencing with all the hand waving about how difficult it is to test

I have no idea how it works.

And as far as I know, I have not waved any hands around.

I have put forward that it sometimes happens to people under extreme stress, because that has been my experience.

Thunderstorms happen on a fairly regular basis, so they are things that can be more easily observed.

On the other hand, some people experience this only once in their lifetimes, and it's entirely unexpected.

Edited by ChaosRose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Truthseeker007
20 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

I'd say it was more the other way around - something that people who don't understand science believe in :D

Yes professor ma'am Emma.:lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose

If someone claims that they can move objects with their mind, at will...it's a lot easier to test that.

You put them in a controlled situation and see if they can do it.

It's different if someone says this only happened a few times during my life, and I have no idea what caused it.

Just a clue that it might have something to do with extreme trauma.

So what is an ethical scientist to do? Put people under extreme trauma and observe them...for years?

They can't really do that, which is why I said I felt it was difficult to test. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
1 hour ago, ChaosRose said:

I have no idea how it works.

And as far as I know, I have not waved any hands around.

I have put forward that it sometimes happens to people under extreme stress, because that has been my experience.

Thunderstorms happen on a fairly regular basis, so they are things that can be more easily observed.

On the other hand, some people experience this only once in their lifetimes, and it's entirely unexpected.

Then how do you know it actually exists and isn't just a trick of the mind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
Just now, Emma_Acid said:

Then how do you know it actually exists and isn't just a trick of the mind?

Hmm.... strictly speaking... Telekinesis would constitute a "trick of the mind" :D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
Just now, Emma_Acid said:

Then how do you know it actually exists and isn't just a trick of the mind?

I don't know if you've read all of my posts, but I have experienced this and it has been witnessed by others around me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I don't know if you've read all of my posts, but I have experienced this and it has been witnessed by others around me.

I haven't. Without knowing the details, there are way too many ways in which the brain can fool us with these things - and that includes occasions when there are witnesses. 

Couple that with the fact that there is no known mechanism by which this happens, it violates the laws of physics and thermodynamics, has no evolutionary basis for existing and, even according to its supporters, cannot be measured or studied - the odds are that there are more prosaic explanations surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
3 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

I haven't. Without knowing the details, there are way too many ways in which the brain can fool us with these things - and that includes occasions when there are witnesses. 

Couple that with the fact that there is no known mechanism by which this happens, it violates the laws of physics and thermodynamics, has no evolutionary basis for existing and, even according to its supporters, cannot be measured or studied - the odds are that there are more prosaic explanations surely?

All I know is that it happened around me in front of other people. 

I can only guess that it was because I have experienced unusually severe trauma, and coupled with the normal stress people experience at work, it must have somehow set this off. 

I found some ways of coping with the stress and it seems to have stopped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Emma_Acid
2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

All I know is that it happened around me in front of other people. 

I can only guess that it was because I have experienced unusually severe trauma, and coupled with the normal stress people experience at work, it must have somehow set this off. 

I found some ways of coping with the stress and it seems to have stopped. 

And without wanting to belittle a stressful, traumatic experience - stress and trauma are proven to do strange things to the brain; this is proven, known science. Telekinesis has no such foundations. Until you can discount all these other possibilities, I see no reason to default to paranormal explanations as so many people do.

Either way, glad you have found a way of dealing with the stress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
1 minute ago, Emma_Acid said:

And without wanting to belittle a stressful, traumatic experience - stress and trauma are proven to do strange things to the brain; this is proven, known science. Telekinesis has no such foundations. Until you can discount all these other possibilities, I see no reason to default to paranormal explanations as so many people do.

Either way, glad you have found a way of dealing with the stress. 

Thanks.

Without getting into too much detail that might identify me...the things that happened were not explainable. 

It did freak out coworkers, although I tried to make light of it, and they're all educated people. 

I'm just proposing that this might be one of those strange things that stress and trauma does to the brain that we don't yet understand. 

I don't know how it happens. I know it probably defies what we know about physics. But somehow, it can happen. 

I can't prove that, but I know it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.