Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telekineses

Spiritf

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I don't know if you've read all of my posts, but I have experienced this and it has been witnessed by others around me.

I haven't. Without knowing the details, there are way too many ways in which the brain can fool us with these things - and that includes occasions when there are witnesses. 

Couple that with the fact that there is no known mechanism by which this happens, it violates the laws of physics and thermodynamics, has no evolutionary basis for existing and, even according to its supporters, cannot be measured or studied - the odds are that there are more prosaic explanations surely?

3 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

I haven't. Without knowing the details, there are way too many ways in which the brain can fool us with these things - and that includes occasions when there are witnesses. 

Couple that with the fact that there is no known mechanism by which this happens, it violates the laws of physics and thermodynamics, has no evolutionary basis for existing and, even according to its supporters, cannot be measured or studied - the odds are that there are more prosaic explanations surely?

All I know is that it happened around me in front of other people. 

I can only guess that it was because I have experienced unusually severe trauma, and coupled with the normal stress people experience at work, it must have somehow set this off. 

I found some ways of coping with the stress and it seems to have stopped. 

2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

All I know is that it happened around me in front of other people. 

I can only guess that it was because I have experienced unusually severe trauma, and coupled with the normal stress people experience at work, it must have somehow set this off. 

I found some ways of coping with the stress and it seems to have stopped. 

And without wanting to belittle a stressful, traumatic experience - stress and trauma are proven to do strange things to the brain; this is proven, known science. Telekinesis has no such foundations. Until you can discount all these other possibilities, I see no reason to default to paranormal explanations as so many people do.

Either way, glad you have found a way of dealing with the stress. 

1 minute ago, Emma_Acid said:

And without wanting to belittle a stressful, traumatic experience - stress and trauma are proven to do strange things to the brain; this is proven, known science. Telekinesis has no such foundations. Until you can discount all these other possibilities, I see no reason to default to paranormal explanations as so many people do.

Either way, glad you have found a way of dealing with the stress. 

Thanks.

Without getting into too much detail that might identify me...the things that happened were not explainable. 

It did freak out coworkers, although I tried to make light of it, and they're all educated people. 

I'm just proposing that this might be one of those strange things that stress and trauma does to the brain that we don't yet understand. 

I don't know how it happens. I know it probably defies what we know about physics. But somehow, it can happen. 

I can't prove that, but I know it. 

• Like 1