Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman photographs 'ghost' in her front yard

UM-Bot

17 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, everything is information to be consider. I see no obvious conclusion jumping out. This photo is not from that church but her yard we are told. Could real activity be why people have interest in the area? Do we just assume dishonesty because it’s the paranormal?

I’ll hold to my uncertain position as I have expressed it at this point.

10 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It is not anti-science to consider that there is more to reality than meets the senses and consider all evidence. Denying the existence of things that can not be proved or disproved by science is actually a non-scientific attitude to me.

tenor.gif?itemid=4729062

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Well, everything is information to consider. I see no obvious conclusion jumping out. This photo is not from that church but her yard we are told. Could real activity be why people have interest in the area? Do we just assume dishonesty because it’s the paranormal?

I’ll hold to my uncertain position as I have expressed it at this point.

You have too much faith in people’s honesty when it comes to this stuff.

They could well believe it’s something, but that doesn’t make it something believable.

Having said that, it’s far more likely they’re being dishonest than have captured a photo of a ghost.

Just to be clear, they probably believe what they’re claiming, but next in line would be dishonesty and a bunch of other explanations. A ‘real’ ghost would be near the very end of a long list. 

Edit: Has that restaurant reopened yet? The one which closed to protect the public after a ghost knocked over that barrier?

Edited by Timothy
Edit.

5 minutes ago, seanjo said:

There is no evidence.

Even eyewitness evidence is evidence but of course not proof. 

5 minutes ago, Timothy said:

You have too much faith in people’s honesty when it comes to this stuff.

How do we determine if it’s not you being too distrustful again and again? I typically claim uncertainty which I think is the reasonable approach.

The real issue is that some people are bothered by any serious suggestion of the paranormal.

7 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Edit: Has that restaurant reopened yet? The one which closed to protect the public after a ghost knocked over that barrier?

As I remember they are only closing for one day.

1 minute ago, seanjo said:

No, it's hearsay, not evidence.

There is eyewitness evidence and we are now playing semantically games that aren’t important.

3 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Have you any REAL evidence that what you believe in is so?

I definately think so, but you will have to define what you consider  ‘REAL evidence’ and how that differs from physical proof.

26 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

How do we determine if it’s not you being too distrustful again and again? I typically claim uncertainty which I think is the reasonable approach.

The real issue is that some people are bothered by any serious suggestion of the paranormal.

As I remember they are only closing for one day.

Me being distrustful? C’mon now!

It’s one blurry photo which can be reasonably explained. The only thing that bothers me is that it’s always the same story. 

I never saw it mentioned that they were closing for one day? Anyways, I just posted an update, seems they closed due to a health and safety issue and reopened after ~5 days. Possible dishonesty, avert your gaze! 

Edited by Timothy
Linked to post rather than topic.
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

It is not anti-science to consider that there is more to reality than meets the senses and consider all evidence. Denying the existence of things that can not be proved or disproved by science is actually a non-scientific attitude to me.

I AGREE!!!

Just realized that you don't see any boots. Typically you blouse your boot in the military. Would expect monocolor boots (whether black leather or desert tan) would stand out rather starkly from the uniform  pants between the ankle & calf or so.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Looks like either a bloke with a koala on his back, but only enough it look like a distant pic of Nigel our postman

I've seen the local "homeless" people in Charlotte walking around with these one.  Could just be one of those, looking around.  Of course the late at night, or so we're told, portion is spooky.

Easily explained photo of a person. No mystery here, except to those with their heads you-know-where.

These "ghost captures" get weaker and weaker.

Edited by moonman

Very telling that they never post a side by side image of the area from the same perspective but during the day. Without that any further evaluation is useless.

Edited by Merc14
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

Very telling that they never post a side by side image of the area from the same perspective but during the day. Without that any further evaluation is useless.

Yep, even a very basic application of the scientific method would probably explain >90% of these ‘paranormal’ photos. 

It’s annoying that in most cases like this, there’s one photo, and no way to query the person who took it. 

At least when someone posts something directly to the forums, we can get a bit of the ol’ scientific method going up in ‘ere!

I would like for Kodak to analyze the photo first. As it is, there isn't much to look at, some fuzzy grey patterns on black. To make the shape human form, you have to certainly stretch the imagination with the back pack, etc ideas considering the entire shape requires you to use your imagination to have the shape make sense.  

1 hour ago, NightScreams said:

I would like for Kodak to analyze the photo first. As it is, there isn't much to look at, some fuzzy grey patterns on black. To make the shape human form, you have to certainly stretch the imagination with the back pack, etc ideas considering the entire shape requires you to use your imagination to have the shape make sense.  

It is a digital image taken by a low quality trailcam, (IR light source). No film to study which is what Kodak did 30 years ago.  It likely isn't Photoshopped but simply an anomaly from a cheap camera.  Not an insult, why buy an expensive camera just to see if deer are feeding or a fox is killing your chickens

• Like 1

I don't see how any of you can tell details(what is what) in that picture.my computer  sure can't give details. way to grainy and out of focus. and the blowup picture was even worse than the original. (that first picture was the original I hope.)

Edited by mysticwerewolf
i had to fix spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, mysticwerewolf said:

I don't see how any of you can tell details(what is what) in that picture.my computer  sure can't give details. way to grainy and out of focus. and the blowup picture was even worse than the original. (that first picture was the original I hope.)

That's because there are no details, just imagination running wild.

• Like 1

Ghosts are not typically caught on camera with their illusive backpacks on.

I would be a little less jaded when it comes to stories like this if they read: "Woman comes across some thing strange/interesting in a photo", rather than the "woman photographs GHOST in her front yard" title. It just screams of "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHH" which is headline-grabbing, instead if what it really is, which is " no idea, but I could definitely speculate till you head explodes if that gets clicks" literal/ rational reaction.

Edited by ~Onyx~

The "feet".!!! look like the base of a small tree. If you cover the "head" looking bit, you can see it is a small tree and mid way up are some small branches. The (rucksack) looking part are the leaves from the small tree and part of the bush behind. 

the photo is so grainy you can make out faces all over the place - there is a ghoul in the top right hand corner and an alien with boobs mid left.ghost..JPG

Pareidolia....and lots of it with all those grains.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

If I were to use my imagination. I'd say that is someone trespassing or scoping out the place. But that's just my imagination. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

He looks like he has a backpack also.. weird. Did he go camping also?