Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman photographs 'ghost' in her front yard

UM-Bot

It does look blurry to me. I feel that security cameras usually are. Though, my first thought upon seeing the figure, is that they are wearing BDU's. Battle fatigues the military wear. And yeah, does look like a hump on the figure's back, which to me, thinks backpack. 

And the figure doesn't seem to have that transparent quality to me, so I don't think there is something entirely screaming that it is a creepy half-seen individual. (though I feel doesn't mean it can't be, but that's my take on that and nothing to push onto others) 

I personally would be concerned there's a figure in my backyard, possible ghost or living person. And at night, I'm thinking. Yeah, what would that person be doing there? And posting pics from ten seconds before and ten seconds after, might add into the conversation. And I think, ten seconds is long enough for someone to walk in and walk out of camera eyesight. *shrugs*. 

And besides, what if this is a soldier from a nearby base during overnight training, and he got lost. I hope I got the link synched up here,  but I found there's a training military base that could be the reason for the BDU clad individual. (if that is BDU's that the figure is wearing.) Granted it's in a town a couple of towns off of Durham, but I think it probably is close enough for a soldier to wonder off and get lost. I think. 

I still feel, yeah it could be something paranormal, but that is me feeling this way. In no way, I'm saying everyone else should be, just me entertaining it for myself. 

lets assume she was gone only 12 hours 'camping...7pm till 7am = 12 hours

12 hours = 720 minutes

720 minutes -43200 seconds

picture every 10 seconds so total = 4320 pictures......

so a- why did she sit and go through the pictures....

b- what are the odds of coming across that one if not looking through every single photo

this is all assuming only gone for 12 hours rather than say a weekend trip.

3 hours ago, quillius said:

lets assume she was gone only 12 hours 'camping...7pm till 7am = 12 hours

12 hours = 720 minutes

720 minutes -43200 seconds

picture every 10 seconds so total = 4320 pictures......

so a- why did she sit and go through the pictures....

b- what are the odds of coming across that one if not looking through every single photo

this is all assuming only gone for 12 hours rather than say a weekend trip.

I think some of those systems highlight when there is anomalous movement detected. 

On 24/08/2018 at 5:29 PM, papageorge1 said:

I think some of those systems highlight when there is anomalous movement detected. 

yes , they usually detect and begin recording..

This one however seems to not be one of those. I say this because she says :

upon browsing through the images'

Even stranger was the fact that there was no sign of the figure on any other image, despite the fact that the camera takes a picture at ten-second intervals.

it seems it literally takes photos every ten seconds. Otherwise she would have said the camera began taking pictures after movement was detected.

also this:

Even stranger was the fact that there was no sign of the figure on any other image, despite the fact that the camera takes a picture at ten-second intervals.

"If somebody was walking up our driveway, it would have caught a photo of them much sooner, at the edge of our lawn," she said.

no sign of any other image! it would have caught a photo of them sooner. rather than 'no other image' she says 'no figure on any other image'.  So if only activated by sensor then there would be no other image rather than no figure on any other image.

hope that makes sense....

• Like 2

@quillius, it’s entirely possible that she doesn’t even know how it works... :lol:

But she does seem to have a pretty comprehensive understanding from what you’ve quoted. 

By any measure, it’s not a good system.

12 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@quillius, it’s entirely possible that she doesn’t even know how it works... :lol:

But she does seem to have a pretty comprehensive understanding from what you’ve quoted. 

By any measure, it’s not a good system.

haha......

Living people wear clothes and carry provisions to meet biological needs for warmth and sustenance. Why would a ghost, spirit, or otherwise dead entity need to wear clothes and carry provisions?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, highdesert50 said:

Living people wear clothes and carry provisions to meet biological needs for warmth and sustenance. Why would a ghost, spirit, or otherwise dead entity need to wear clothes and carry provisions?

7 hours ago, quillius said:

Why would that be so strange? Sudden disappearances are commonly reported in ghost lore.

But I read the rest of your analysis. Unfortunately, the article was not technically detailed enough for the level of speculation we would both like to get into.

6 hours ago, highdesert50 said:

One theory is that ghosts are reliving their past situation.

6 hours ago, quillius said:

The theory is that ghosts reside on the astral plane. This is a plane on which you look the way you think you look or want  to look. A different concept than the way we think of reality on the physical plane. Even here (physical plane) I could walk into a restaurant naked but I choose to appear clothed (thank God in my case:o).

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Why would that be so strange? Sudden disappearances are commonly reported in ghost lore.

But I read the rest of your analysis. Unfortunately, the article was not technically detailed enough for the level of speculation we would both like to get into.

although she does clearly state about looking through the images and also that the image only appeared on one image.....so if it was sensor driven and it picked up the 'ghost' there would only be one image...but the fact she says not in any other image indicates there is more than one image.

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The theory is that ghosts reside on the astral plane. This is a plane on which you look the way you think you look or want  to look. A different concept than the way we think of reality on the physical plane. Even here (physical plane) I could walk into a restaurant naked but I choose to appear clothed (thank God in my case:o).

yet not one 'ghost' prefers nudity......odds are at least one would want to appear nude!

maybe not in your case...or mine for that matter :) 

• Haha 1

Just now, quillius said:

although she does clearly state about looking through the images and also that the image only appeared on one image.....so if it was sensor driven and it picked up the 'ghost' there would only be one image...but the fact she says not in any other image indicates there is more than one image.

Right, but couldn't the other images be of mundane things like animals and normal appearing people that don't disappear?

1 minute ago, quillius said:

yet not one 'ghost' prefers nudity......odds are at least one would want to appear nude!

maybe not in your case...or mine for that matter :) 

I'll bet if we look through all the annals of ghost lore we can find a nudie. But how often do you seek naked people in public on the physical plane?

19 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Right, but couldn't the other images be of mundane things like animals and normal appearing people that don't disappear?

hmm doesn't come across that way but as you mentioned prior...little info to get too technical about it all.

19 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I'll bet if we look through all the annals of ghost lore we can find a nudie. But how often do you seek naked people in public on the physical plane?

loads every time I visit a nudist beach or colony. ^_^ :D

17 hours ago, jamesjr191 said:

I found info on the elusive naked ghost......http://weekinweird.com/2011/09/10/ghosts-uncovered-paranormal-nudism/

thanks for link......I stand corrected.....

ZOMG.. he's turned into a Giraffe !

giraffe.thumb.jpg.4ab5940b7b8709ee8f8ab689aecc06ef.jpg

SPOOKY !

What we where seeing was a car headlight on the dark section of bushes (to the left of the two floor-lights). This causes it to become lighter than its surroundings, and in an irregular pattern. It is this light patch that we see as the Man In The Hunting Jacket.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:50 AM, papageorge1 said:

My first intuitive thought was a soldier remembering his return to his hometown. It struck me as a period uniform.

Skeptic in me asks could a living person just have entered and  exited the scene in 10 seconds. Could the timer be a little off and it was longer? A hoaxed photo is always possible  but then for what and for why? 

Papameter reads a 55% chance of a paranormal capture.

Your math is off. The person had up to 20 seconds. There are 10 seconds before each image and 10 seconds after each image.

The only thing I see obvious is an emotional anti-paranormal bent in some.

I see an irrational paranormal bent in some.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, papageorge1 said:

It is not anti-science to consider that there is more to reality than meets the senses and consider all evidence. Denying the existence of things that can not be proved or disproved by science is actually a non-scientific attitude to me.

Apparently you don't know the meaning of science.

30 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Apparently you don't know the meaning of science.

Where is my thinking wrong in what you quoted tfrom me, Stereo?

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Where is my thinking wrong in what you quoted tfrom me, Stereo?

1. There is no evidence for the things you often promote.

2. Anecdotes is not evidence.

3. Science does not prove anything.

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

3. Science does not prove anything.

Well you are definately wrong on the first two. I use the word ‘evidence’ as in the dictionary myself. Your definition is more akin to ‘proof’.

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Well you are definately wrong on the first two. I use the word ‘evidence’ as in the dictionary myself. Your definition is more akin to ‘proof’.

The simple fact of the matter is that you are wrong.

No amount of pretending changes anecdotes into evidence.

You are also wrong about the use of proof. You use the word evidence in a manner which does not match up with its use in science. To avoid you moving the goalposts I will place the context in this post. It is this post from you.

It is not anti-science to consider that there is more to reality than meets the senses and consider all evidence. Denying the existence of things that can not be proved or disproved by science is actually a non-scientific attitude to me.