Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman photographs 'ghost' in her front yard

UM-Bot

Seems like the person could have easily come from among those trees. 

It's creepy and you have to wonder what the heck he was doing there, but he's obviously just a person. 

• Like 3

My first intuitive thought was a soldier remembering his return to his hometown. It struck me as a period uniform.

Skeptic in me asks could a living person just have entered and  exited the scene in 10 seconds. Could the timer be a little off and it was longer? A hoaxed photo is always possible  but then for what and for why? 

Papameter reads a 55% chance of a paranormal capture.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

but he's obviously just a person. 

But, but Chaos,  given the full circumstance (and I think period uniform) why would you say OBVIOUSLY. Could I possibly be that stupid to have missed something obvious?

Edited by papageorge1

The image seems to be either facing the house with a rucksack on its back, or sometimes I can see a child being given a piggy back ride. Strange how the brain makes images from indistinct shapes. Interesting though.

• Like 3

Not seeing the flat brimmed hat, but the rucksack is obvious, also it looks like the sleeves are rolled at the wrists

Is that grass? See if there are footprints.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But, but Chaos,  given the full circumstance (and I think period uniform) why would you say OBVIOUSLY. Could I possibly be that stupid to have missed something obvious?

What period uniform?

It's a blur what he's wearing. 

Everything is pixellated.

• Like 4

Just now, ChaosRose said:

What period uniform?

It's a blur what he's wearing. 

Everything is pixellated.

I see. I was giving my honest best impression of what I saw.  But my question stands as to how you made the obvious determination it is just a person based on what is known?

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I see. I was giving my honest best impression of what I saw.  But my question stands as to how you made the obvious determination it is just a person based on what is known?

The only reason she thinks otherwise is that the cam took pics in 10 second intervals.

There is a simple explanation why he just showed up. He could easily have taken the few steps out of the wooded area in less than 10 seconds. 

There's no reason at all to think this is paranormal. 

• Like 3

The only reason she thinks otherwise is that the cam took pics in 10 second intervals.

There is a simple explanation why he just showed up. He could easily have taken the few steps out of the wooded area in less than 10 seconds. 

There's no reason at all to think this is paranormal. 

OK, I think am hearing a slow retraction from your 'obviously' comment. Still love you Chaos, just had to bust your chops on a boring Sunday morning on the forum.

I stand by my statement that this is obviously...very obviously... a man who stepped out of the woods. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I stand by my statement that this is obviously...very obviously... a man who stepped out of the woods. 

You can stand by it, but I don't see why.

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

You can stand by it, but I don't see why.

Because she should know she has a prowler in the area and be taking safety measures, not imagining that it's some ghostly apparition just because he didn't walk up the sidewalk.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

Because she should know she has a prowler in the area and be taking safety measures, not imagining that it's some ghostly apparition just because he didn't walk up the sidewalk.

I think you are now saying you really don't know that it is obvious but want to pretend it is obvious so that the owner becomes more security conscious. I think there is a place for an adult discussion of mysterious seeming things and Tia Wilson of Durham, Maine did not start this thread and is unlikely a member of our honored forum

I distinguish an important difference between the words 'possibly' and 'obviously' when analyzing Unexplained Mysteries.

12 minutes ago, seanjo said:

It's photoshopped, a blurred photo of someone because of the slow shutter speed, or Pareidolia.

^ This, right here. 

OBVIOUSLY 

Would like to see a picture of that area in daylight

• Thanks 1

Looks like either a bloke with a koala on his back, but only enough it look like a distant pic of Nigel our postman

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Stiff said:

^ This, right here. 

OBVIOUSLY 

So far from the ‘obviously’ crowd I’ve heard man from bushes, photoshopped and paredolia. 

The only thing I see obvious is an emotional anti-paranormal bent in some.

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

The only thing I see obvious is an emotional anti-paranormal bent in some.

Well whadaya know - she's fundraising :rolleyes:

http://www.theforecaster.net/durham-campaign-aims-to-save-old-town-hall/

And a comment from the article:

I was a believer until the article mentions she has 20,000 followers who read about her paranormal adventures "

She's also claimed similar before: http://www.sunjournal.com/weird-wicked-weird-take-2016/

Smell fishy yet papa? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stiff said:

Smell fishy yet papa? 

Well, everything is information to consider. I see no obvious conclusion jumping out. This photo is not from that church but her yard we are told. Could real activity be why people have interest in the area? Do we just assume dishonesty because it’s the paranormal?

I’ll hold to my uncertain position as I have expressed it at this point.

Edited by papageorge1

47 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Anti-Non science is more correct...the emotion comes from the pseudo scientists that believe in this tripe.

It is not anti-science to consider that there is more to reality than meets the senses and consider all evidence. Denying the existence of things that can not be proved or disproved by science is actually a non-scientific attitude to me.

• Like 1

just your normal bad game camera poor pixelation, nothing to be seen here.

• Thanks 1