Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

Woman photographs 'ghost' in her front yard

88 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

TripGun

Ghosts are not typically caught on camera with their illusive backpacks on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Caspian Hare

Hey ghosts need to carry stuff too winking0071.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
~Onyx~
Posted (edited)

I would be a little less jaded when it comes to stories like this if they read: "Woman comes across some thing strange/interesting in a photo", rather than the "woman photographs GHOST in her front yard" title. It just screams of "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH OHHHHHHHHHHHH" which is headline-grabbing, instead if what it really is, which is " no idea, but I could definitely speculate till you head explodes if that gets clicks" literal/ rational reaction.

Edited by ~Onyx~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
freetoroam
Posted (edited)

 

Quote

 

 

The "feet".!!! look like the base of a small tree. If you cover the "head" looking bit, you can see it is a small tree and mid way up are some small branches. The (rucksack) looking part are the leaves from the small tree and part of the bush behind. 

the photo is so grainy you can make out faces all over the place - there is a ghoul in the top right hand corner and an alien with boobs mid left.ghost..JPG

 

Pareidolia....and lots of it with all those grains.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

If I were to use my imagination. I'd say that is someone trespassing or scoping out the place. But that's just my imagination. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LucidElement

He looks like he has a backpack also.. weird. Did he go camping also?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blackstarraven

Ghost with his elusive backpack on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stubbly_Dooright

It does look blurry to me. I feel that security cameras usually are. Though, my first thought upon seeing the figure, is that they are wearing BDU's. Battle fatigues the military wear. And yeah, does look like a hump on the figure's back, which to me, thinks backpack. 

And the figure doesn't seem to have that transparent quality to me, so I don't think there is something entirely screaming that it is a creepy half-seen individual. (though I feel doesn't mean it can't be, but that's my take on that and nothing to push onto others) 

I personally would be concerned there's a figure in my backyard, possible ghost or living person. And at night, I'm thinking. Yeah, what would that person be doing there? And posting pics from ten seconds before and ten seconds after, might add into the conversation. And I think, ten seconds is long enough for someone to walk in and walk out of camera eyesight. *shrugs*. 

And besides, what if this is a soldier from a nearby base during overnight training, and he got lost. I hope I got the link synched up here,  but I found there's a training military base that could be the reason for the BDU clad individual. (if that is BDU's that the figure is wearing.) Granted it's in a town a couple of towns off of Durham, but I think it probably is close enough for a soldier to wonder off and get lost. I think. 

I still feel, yeah it could be something paranormal, but that is me feeling this way. In no way, I'm saying everyone else should be, just me entertaining it for myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius

lets assume she was gone only 12 hours 'camping...7pm till 7am = 12 hours

12 hours = 720 minutes

720 minutes -43200 seconds

picture every 10 seconds so total = 4320 pictures......

so a- why did she sit and go through the pictures....

b- what are the odds of coming across that one if not looking through every single photo

this is all assuming only gone for 12 hours rather than say a weekend trip.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
3 hours ago, quillius said:

lets assume she was gone only 12 hours 'camping...7pm till 7am = 12 hours

12 hours = 720 minutes

720 minutes -43200 seconds

picture every 10 seconds so total = 4320 pictures......

so a- why did she sit and go through the pictures....

b- what are the odds of coming across that one if not looking through every single photo

this is all assuming only gone for 12 hours rather than say a weekend trip.

 

 

I think some of those systems highlight when there is anomalous movement detected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius
On 24/08/2018 at 5:29 PM, papageorge1 said:

I think some of those systems highlight when there is anomalous movement detected. 

yes , they usually detect and begin recording..

This one however seems to not be one of those. I say this because she says :

upon browsing through the images'

Even stranger was the fact that there was no sign of the figure on any other image, despite the fact that the camera takes a picture at ten-second intervals.

 

it seems it literally takes photos every ten seconds. Otherwise she would have said the camera began taking pictures after movement was detected.

also this:

Even stranger was the fact that there was no sign of the figure on any other image, despite the fact that the camera takes a picture at ten-second intervals.

"If somebody was walking up our driveway, it would have caught a photo of them much sooner, at the edge of our lawn," she said.

 

 

no sign of any other image! it would have caught a photo of them sooner. rather than 'no other image' she says 'no figure on any other image'.  So if only activated by sensor then there would be no other image rather than no figure on any other image.

hope that makes sense....

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Timothy

@quillius, it’s entirely possible that she doesn’t even know how it works... :lol:

But she does seem to have a pretty comprehensive understanding from what you’ve quoted. 

By any measure, it’s not a good system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius
12 minutes ago, Timothy said:

@quillius, it’s entirely possible that she doesn’t even know how it works... :lol:

But she does seem to have a pretty comprehensive understanding from what you’ve quoted. 

By any measure, it’s not a good system.

haha......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
highdesert50

Living people wear clothes and carry provisions to meet biological needs for warmth and sustenance. Why would a ghost, spirit, or otherwise dead entity need to wear clothes and carry provisions?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius
19 minutes ago, highdesert50 said:

Living people wear clothes and carry provisions to meet biological needs for warmth and sustenance. Why would a ghost, spirit, or otherwise dead entity need to wear clothes and carry provisions?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
7 hours ago, quillius said:

 

Even stranger was the fact that there was no sign of the figure on any other image, despite the fact that the camera takes a picture at ten-second intervals.

 

 

Why would that be so strange? Sudden disappearances are commonly reported in ghost lore.

But I read the rest of your analysis. Unfortunately, the article was not technically detailed enough for the level of speculation we would both like to get into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
6 hours ago, highdesert50 said:

Living people wear clothes and carry provisions to meet biological needs for warmth and sustenance. Why would a ghost, spirit, or otherwise dead entity need to wear clothes and carry provisions?

One theory is that ghosts are reliving their past situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
6 hours ago, quillius said:

 

The theory is that ghosts reside on the astral plane. This is a plane on which you look the way you think you look or want  to look. A different concept than the way we think of reality on the physical plane. Even here (physical plane) I could walk into a restaurant naked but I choose to appear clothed (thank God in my case:o).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius
14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Why would that be so strange? Sudden disappearances are commonly reported in ghost lore.

But I read the rest of your analysis. Unfortunately, the article was not technically detailed enough for the level of speculation we would both like to get into.

although she does clearly state about looking through the images and also that the image only appeared on one image.....so if it was sensor driven and it picked up the 'ghost' there would only be one image...but the fact she says not in any other image indicates there is more than one image.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius
4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

The theory is that ghosts reside on the astral plane. This is a plane on which you look the way you think you look or want  to look. A different concept than the way we think of reality on the physical plane. Even here (physical plane) I could walk into a restaurant naked but I choose to appear clothed (thank God in my case:o).

yet not one 'ghost' prefers nudity......odds are at least one would want to appear nude!

maybe not in your case...or mine for that matter :) 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
Just now, quillius said:

although she does clearly state about looking through the images and also that the image only appeared on one image.....so if it was sensor driven and it picked up the 'ghost' there would only be one image...but the fact she says not in any other image indicates there is more than one image.

Right, but couldn't the other images be of mundane things like animals and normal appearing people that don't disappear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
1 minute ago, quillius said:

yet not one 'ghost' prefers nudity......odds are at least one would want to appear nude!

maybe not in your case...or mine for that matter :) 

I'll bet if we look through all the annals of ghost lore we can find a nudie. But how often do you seek naked people in public on the physical plane?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius
19 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Right, but couldn't the other images be of mundane things like animals and normal appearing people that don't disappear?

hmm doesn't come across that way but as you mentioned prior...little info to get too technical about it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quillius
19 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I'll bet if we look through all the annals of ghost lore we can find a nudie. But how often do you seek naked people in public on the physical plane?

loads every time I visit a nudist beach or colony. ^_^ :D

 

17 hours ago, jamesjr191 said:

I found info on the elusive naked ghost......http://weekinweird.com/2011/09/10/ghosts-uncovered-paranormal-nudism/

thanks for link......I stand corrected.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.