Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intelligent extroverts more likely to lie

The Caspian Hare

Extroverts with a high level of intelligence are most likely to lie. In the study of Polish researchers they most often chose a strategy, in which they used deception to achieve their goals. Introverts (regardless of the level of intelligence) and extroverts with lower IQ used this strategy less often.

Although everyone lies sometimes, certain personality combinations increase the tendency to speak untruth. For example, people who lie more often include antisocial, narcissistic persons (for their own benefit) or those with psychopathic personality (for no apparent reason).

But character traits not the only factor causing a person to lie more often than others do. Research shows that other important factors include intelligence and developed cognitive abilities, information processing that occurs in the nervous system, such as the ability to maintain focus or memory. Previous research shows that people with higher intelligence find it easier to lie on tests to get employment.

• Thanks 1

Being a extrovert sounds tiring. On a Friday night, not only do extroverts work but they go clubbing or whatever afterwards. The thought of work makes me tired, let alone clubbing afterwards.

• Thanks 1

Well no wonder, they are the types of people who try to be friends with everyone. If you were that type of person u wouldn't go around telling ur secrets or other exclusive things which should be kept to yourself in sugar grain details which possibly could (will) destroy ur reputation socially. 

Edited by Browng0at
Old iPad adding double words -.-
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

So? What are intelligent introverts mostly likely to do? 

Wait, wait, I know. We lie to ourselves. :tu:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

Wait, wait, I know. We lie to ourselves. :tu:

Well I do and I'm a introvert

• Like 2

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

More likely to stand.

:whistle:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Sit back and watch the extroverts run their mouths, then calculate how they're going to use it against them. 

• Haha 5

A really intelligent person would question this article!

If your purpose in life is to be a part of the rat race (very primitive in my eyes) - Then you probably won't question this article. :devil: 

Edit: All this depends on what we think intelligence really is?! - For example, I love funny people and I think they are very intelligent. :sk

Don't take yourself too seriously....

Albert-Einstein-creativity-inspiration-m

Edited by LightAngel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/15/2018 at 3:38 PM, The Caspian Hare said:

Hi Caspian Hare

I was going to read the article but there is a page that comes up telling you that it is collecting user data and when I click on learn more it opens behind the page and is unreadable unless I agree to terms which I cannot read to decide whether or not to agree. I noticed that you link this site fairly often in your posts.

Other than that I wonder what demographics they used in the report. At this point I couldn't say that I agree.

jmccr8