Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mob kill nearly 300 crocodiles in revenge

Still Waters

An angry mob has slaughtered nearly 300 crocodiles in Indonesia after a local man was killed by one of the reptiles, authorities said Monday.

The revenge killing happened Saturday in Papua province following the funeral of the man, who perished when he fell into an enclosure at a crocodile farm while looking for grass to feed his livestock, police and conservation officials said.

The victim, identified as 48-year-old Sugito, was bitten on the leg and then fatally struck with a tail of one of the crocodiles, which are a protected species, they said.

https://deccanchronicle.com/world/asia/160718/angry-mob-slaughters-nearly-300-crocodiles-to-avenge-mans-death.html

• Sad 3

I bet there's something else going on there besides revenge.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

I bet there's something else going on there besides revenge.

Perhaps it was an excuse to destroy the croc farm because they did not like its proximity.

Because there's always at least one person stupid enough to fall into one of its enclosures,

Just the same, everyone participating in the slaughter should be criminally charged, regardless of motive.

• Like 1

Umm.... why do they need a crocodile farm ? 

6 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

The article mentions that crocodiles are a protected species, so I assumed the farm was part of some conservation agency.

I hope I'm not wrong.

18 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Selling their hide.

An over-reaction to say the least.   I hope they at least ate the meat.   Doesn't make their act much better, but at least it wouldn't be totally wasted.