Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump - Putin Press Conference

ExpandMyMind

At a news conference after the summit, President Trump was asked if he believed his own intelligence agencies or the Russian president when it came to the allegations of meddling in the elections.

"President Putin says it's not Russia. I don't see any reason why it should be," he replied.

Trump sides with Russia against FBI at Helsinki summit

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Link

Wow. I can't believe what I've just seen. The US President basically just sided with Russia over his own government, broadcast to the entire world. 

Putin may as well have lead Trump out to the podiums on a dog lead. 

LOL, I thought it was funny.  Our CIA/intelligence community has always done shady stuff but our former presidents always stood behind them.  This one threw them under the bus, called them liars, and said their information was not to be trusted.  Looking forward to Trump giving up on Crimea/Ukraine, the sanctions, and the lot.

On the positive side, just think of how much of the world we could control if the world's two current/former superpowers became buds and started working together to crush the little annoying states.

• Like 1

OP link..... 14:21

"I would rather take a political risk in pursuit of peace than to risk peace in pursuit of politics."

I like that - well said Trump.....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

No doubt there will be much loosing of minds over the Trump / Putin talks in some quarters but I'm confident that the
free thinking general public from both America and Russia will be pleased to see it happen...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

No doubt there will be much loosing of minds over the Trump / Putin talks in some quarters but I'm confident that the
free thinking general public from both America and Russia will be pleased to see it happen...

As I said before, the anti-Trumpers wouldn't have been happy, even if he'd slapped the little guy on his head and called his Babuschka bad names.  Putin is a thug.  He was a thug when Clinton and Kerry fawned over him also.  He was a thug who's government attempted to sow dissension prior to the 2016 election WHEN OBAMA WAS IN CHARGE.  So I don't lose sleep over Trump attempting to manage some serious potential consequences that could arise in, say, Syria, right now.  Most are unaware just how potentially bad that situation is just now.  Mindless jackals...

Edited by and then
  • Like 6

It was clear that Trump was trying to be diplomatic.  He wasn't there to rake Putin over the coals.  His view is that whatever has happened in the past is history.  Trump is giving Putin the benefit of the doubt in the interest of peace.  Putin is now on the hook for saying that he did not interfere with US elections.  He can't be seen to be a liar now.  If he is, Trump will own his ar$e.  I just love it.  For years, the Left has always had the stance that diplomacy should be given a try first and only go to war as a last resort (as if that never happened).  We have Trump making clear diplomatic overtures, and the Left claims that he is giving away the farm.  What hypocrites!

I actually believe Putin (in the diplomatic sense).  There was no collusion and the hacking wasn't to get Trump elected.  The hacking was just SOP as agents were trying to find out about national secrets.  Breaking into Hilary's server lead to access to another server, the DNC server.  Putin doesn't care about who gets elected, he just wants to find those backdoors.  I'd say that Putin also thought that Hilary was going to win and wanted covert access to her.  That's what the Progressives are trying to cover up, her carelessness.  What better way than to claim collusion between the President and Putin.

BTW, it was a great touch by Putin passing off the ball to the 2026 World Cup.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

That was fun!... :D

If for nothing else,this administration has shown conclusively how attached at the hip the Dems and Reps have become on ALL things and their stances on the "issues" have been nothing more than media divide and conquer of the everyday average joe...

All i saw was Trump trying to be diplomatic in nature,as has EVERY President before him...

No one demanded Barry to challenge Putin to a fist fight on stage,hell Regan shook hands with a RUSSIAN!!! :w00t: back when both countries had nukes ready to go at one another...

It's funny watching johnny boy mccain speaking of tearing a country apart,when he himself was egging on American citizens to be ready for a battle over constitutional rights about Obamacare...until he wasn't :wacko:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

At least Trump is cleaning up the swamp.;)     

and Putin had his own swamp to clean up..... a swamp encouraged and let loose by the very people
who work in the shadows and who created the one in Washington as well, I expect....

https://zlj13051967.wordpress.com/2016/02/25/vladimir-putin-the-greatest-leader-of-our-time/

quote bolded...

No world leader has been so demonized by the West over the past decade as President Vladimir Putin of Russia has.The Western media constantly refer to President Putin as the ‘authoritarian ruler’, despite the fact that he has been repeatedly elected by large majorities in competitive elections against Western backed and funded candidates.

His popularity is attested to by opinion polls conducted by Western agencies.In 2015, President Putin’s support soared to over 85%.Clearly the Russian public does not want to return to the poverty and chaos of the Western-backed gangster politics of the 1990’s.The Western media conveniently ignore the well-documented studies on the source of the gangster-oligarchs’ wealth: The violent and illegal seizure of multi-billion dollars-worth of natural resources (aluminum, oil and gas), banks, factories, pension funds and real estate.

During the Yeltsin period the oligarchs controlled thousands of armed gangsters and engaged in internal warfare during which thousands were killed, including top government regulators, police officials and journalists who dared to oppose or expose their pillage and property grabs. The major influential western print media are engaged in a prolonged, large-scale effort to demonize Russian President Putin, his politics and persona.

the article quoted from above is a couple of years old and before Trump was elected --- and now it's a toss up which of
them.... Trump or Putin .... is the world leader who has been more demonized...by the Western Mind Control Media...

It's pretty equal but Trump might have the edge....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

the hacking wasn't to get Trump elected

Of course it was. They released the most damaging stuff right after the *****-grabbing tape came out specifically to help Trump.

This cannot be legitimately disputed.

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

For years, the Left has always had the stance that diplomacy should be given a try first and only go to war as a last resort (as if that never happened).  We have Trump making clear diplomatic overtures, and the Left claims that he is giving away the farm.  What hypocrites!

The main difference between then and now is that Russia interfered with your Presidential election on a scale that a few years before would have been unimaginable. 

They attacked your entire democracy. That sort of takes diplomacy off the table. Or would under normal circumstances. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

They attacked your entire democracy. That sort of takes diplomacy off the table. Or would under normal circumstances. 

After all the Democratic "diplomacy" breaking from the norm and mudslinging over the last 20+ years here in America from both sides...

Normal circumstances ended after Bush 1...we are not in Kansas anymore and the power behind the curtain as been slowly showing their hand!...it's divide and conquer disguised as status quo,or "the norm" ;)

Hell i don't actually know what's worse...a foreign power cheating our democracy and everyone screaming towards the sky,or one of our own "exalted" frontrunners screwing the system and everyone going silent about it...Bernie says hi :st

eta

I know,i know..."but she didn't win it all"...hardly an excuse for "attacking democracy",much less your very own ;)

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Of course it was. They released the most damaging stuff right after the *****-grabbing tape came out specifically to help Trump.

Which was??  You’ve never been involved in locker room talk?  If not, then I question your manhood.

This cannot be legitimately disputed.

It can and it has been.  If Putin did care about our elections, he probably would have preferred Hilary.  Although, when you come to think about it, after listening to his mention about our Democracy, if he did interfere, it was to save our Democracy from the corruption.  For that, we owe him a debt of gratitude.  But I would have had to remind him that we are not a Democracy.

The main difference between then and now is that Russia interfered with your Presidential election on a scale that a few years before would have been unimaginable. 

Really?  Unlike Obama’s interference into Israeli elections?  The main difference now is that the Progressives lost and they are sore losers and are making a big federal case out of really nothing.

That’s a bit reactionary.  And what about our Democracy was destroyed?  If you chose to believe the FBI report, any hacking by Russian agents did not interfere with the election.  I would say that keeps diplomacy on the table.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It is kinda funny bit of irony that we are discussing foreign intervention in US affairs in the US section of the UM forums...and our OP creator is foreign and all his likes so far are from foreigners :lol:

Everyone is allowed their opinion,but that's some funny stuff right there hahaha!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Which was??  You’ve never been involved in locker room talk?  If not, then I question your manhood.

If someone were to tell me they sexually assault women, they'd wake up with a crowd round them. That was way over the line of "locker room" talk. 

It can and it has been.  If Putin did care about our elections, he probably would have preferred Hilary.  Although, when you come to think about it, after listening to his mention about our Democracy, if he did interfere, it was to save our Democracy from the corruption.  For that, we owe him a debt of gratitude.  But I would have had to remind him that we are not a Democracy

This entire paragraph is so completely devoid of reality that I have to wonder if you are legitimately delusional. Literally not a single thing you said here is even remotely true. 

Really?  Unlike Obama’s interference into Israeli elections?  The main difference now is that the Progressives lost and they are sore losers and are making a big federal case out of really nothing.

Are you saying that if the US does something to any other country in the world, then it's okay for countries to do it to them? That seems to be the latest idiotic defence with this situation.

If you chose to believe the FBI report, any hacking by Russian agents did not interfere with the election

Rosenstein stated, after his initial statement, that the fact that they were not alleging that the election was affected was because it was 'not our job' to investigate the effects. He didn't say it had no effect. He said, specifically, that they did not investigate that.

I didn't say your Democracy was destroyed. I said it was attacked. As did anyone with half a brain.

Gowdy: "Russia attacked this country in 2016"

Gowdy. Even Gowdy can admit the clear and obvious truth of the matter.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

It is kinda funny bit of irony that we are discussing foreign intervention in US affairs in the US section of the UM forums...and our OP creator is foreign and all his likes so far are from foreigners :lol:

Everyone is allowed their opinion,but that's some funny stuff right there hahaha!

Pretty sure none of us undermined your election in order to get a puppet elected. Small difference.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

The "like" reactions are highly over rated :ph34r:

• Haha 5

Is it customary to exchange gifts during such meetings? You know, like Trump promises to keep disrupting NATO if Putin promises to keep disrupting US elections? Or Trump gives Putin Syria, and Putin gives Trump a stained bed mattress and a bottle of bleach?

Trump must have got something out of it because he betrayed all Americans by being both unable and unwilling to stand up to that tyrant. Indeed, instead of coming across as the leader of the world's most powerful nation, he opted instead to take on the role of useful idiot.

Trump apologists can rationalise his behaviour as important to the pursuit of improved diplomatic relations. but as I see it, no motive can ever justify his weak kissy kissy nonsense when what he should be doing is defending his country.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Kind of like when Democrats in New York and California make donations and campaign for Democrats running in other states. Like it's any of their business who we elect in our local elections.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kittens Are Jerks said:

Is it customary to exchange gifts during such meetings? You know, like Trump promises to keep disrupting NATO if Putin promises to keep disrupting US elections? Or Trump gives Putin Syria, and Putin gives Trump a stained bed mattress and a bottle of bleach?

Trump must have got something out of it because he betrayed all Americans by being both unable and unwilling to stand up to that tyrant. Indeed, instead of coming across as the leader of the world's most powerful nation, he opted instead to take on the role of useful idiot.

Trump apologists can rationalise his behaviour as important to the pursuit of improved diplomatic relations. but as I see it, no motive can ever justify his weak kissy kissy nonsense when what he should be doing is defending his country.

People talk about past leaders being weak with Russia and all over the world. After that meeting, Trump is seen as the weakest leader the US has ever had. 

Russia attacked the US' democratic process at the highest level and Trump blamed his own country, refused to condemn this unprecedented act of aggression, and said that he believed Putin over his own intelligence community, law enforcement and government. 

This has to be one of the most embarrassing moments in the country's history. That is without a doubt how it has been viewed worldwide.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

Too bad we don't have Hillary who was ready to go to war over it, huh?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

All the mess can be explained very easily: he is insane, simply just that.

9 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

People talk about past leaders being weak with Russia and all over the world. After that meeting, Trump is seen as the weakest leader the US has ever had.

So we have gone from speaking for all of Scotland to the rest of the world now?

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

So we have gone from speaking for all of Scotland to the rest of the world now?

Everyone, literally everyone that I know in the real life thinks that Trump is ridiculous, dangerous and no one understands how is it possible that a country of US size still has that person instead of a real president.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Pretty sure none of us undermined your election in order to get a puppet elected. Small difference.

Yep "small difference"...

That "small difference" being you would if ya could,but are nothing but average citizens of other countries...you don't even have a vote as "skin in the game"...just opinion and time on your hands wasted worrying about another country...

See there...no ad homs or ATTACKS!!!...Just truths ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2