Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump - Putin Press Conference

ExpandMyMind

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

To be fair, I triple check the Washington Post and the Huffington Post. I wouldn't trust their sources if they came notarized. :lol:

There are bad sources, and there are *bad* sources. I just reflexively dismiss posts that quote nonsense from the SPLC. Articles and statistics, from the New York Times and the Washington Post, could be right *or* wrong. The same kind of pattern holds true for sources that are right of center.

• Like 1

I can almost totally ignore information from the Washington Post. It's not worth the time and anyone that takes it as fact isn't worth my time either.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I can almost totally ignore information from the Washington Post. It's not worth the time and anyone that takes it as fact isn't worth my time either.

I get that. The Washington Post lost its credibility, so I should place an asterisk next to it. It was more credible when its agenda and narrative, as well as its anti-Trump vendetta, were much less obvious. Jeff Bezos turned it into 1980s-era Pravda for fans of the Deep State.

• Haha 1

Exclusive: White House stops announcing calls with foreign leaders

The White House has suspended the practice of publishing public summaries of President Donald Trump's phone calls with world leaders, two sources with knowledge of the situation tell CNN, bringing an end to a common exercise from Republican and Democratic administrations.

Seemed fitting for this thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is still a thing?

Okay, fine -

Diplomacy 101 Versus Politics Writ Small ... The Trump-Putin meeting

"Though I voted for Trump, I’ve never been a fan of his and I am not one now. But, having taught diplomacy for many years, I would choose the Trump-Putin press conference as an exemplar of how these things should be done. Both spoke with the frankness and specificity of serious business. This performance rates an A+. Both presidents started with the basic truth. "

https://amgreatness.com/2018/07/17/diplomacy-101-vs-politics-writ-small/

This led to the final flourish. The Associated Press reporter demanded that Trump state whether he believes the opinions of U.S. intelligence leaders or those of Putin. It would be healthy for America were it to digest Trump’s answer: The truth about the charge that Russia stole the contents of the Democratic National Committee’s computer server is not to be found in the opinions of any persons whatever. The truth can be discovered only by examining the server in question—assuming it has not been tampered with since the alleged event. But, said Trump emphatically, those making the accusations against Russia have refused to let the server be examined by U.S. intelligence or by any independent experts. What is the point of accusations coupled with refusal of access to the facts of the matter?

Have fun refuting that one. 

Oh, and for the nit-pickers out there; the option to go with normal text vanished before I could use it. Find something else to have a conniption about. 

18 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

But, said Trump emphatically, those making the accusations against Russia have refused to let the server be examined by U.S. intelligence or by any independent experts.

Thats a lie. Trump's Stupid ‘Where Is the DNC Server?’ Conspiracy Theory, Explained

The server was examined by government contractor CrowdStrike and two other companies. Im not a fan of contracting out intelligence or DOD work but its the world we live in. The contractors word is as good as the FBI's in this case. 

18 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Have fun refuting that one. 

Well since it is an outright lie it was pretty easy. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats a lie. Trump's Stupid ‘Where Is the DNC Server?’ Conspiracy Theory, Explained

The server was examined by government contractor CrowdStrike and two other companies. Im not a fan of contracting out intelligence or DOD work but its the world we live in. The contractors word is as good as the FBI's in this case. 

What a crock!

From the article-

“There’s nothing suspicious about the DNC’s behavior,” he said. “There were political reasons and skepticism on the part of the DNC to let the FBI have full visibility into what they do for various reasons during an ongoing election campaign.”

So that is the DNC's excuse fro not allowing the FBI to have a look at their server!

The very same FBI that the Dems demand everyone listen to (or at least, a small cabal within the FBI) and believe every single accusation Muller has against Trump.... is that right?

HAH! :rofl:

And BTW; the Awan Brothers were Govt Contractors too. That ain't no guarantee of truth, not by a long shot. However, Political stooges & criminals sure get a great paycheck when they have that title.

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well since it is an outright lie it was pretty easy. 

Sure, sure, now enlighten us with more ad-homenim BS to wrap this all up, I'm bored already. 

22 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

So that is the DNC's excuse fro not allowing the FBI to have a look at their server!

Wait so the "side" which claims that the FBI is wholly biased is now mocking the other "side" for saying the same thing :lol:

Sure, sure, now enlighten us with more ad-homenim BS to wrap this all up, I'm bored already. 

You didnt dispel the facts...although now that im thinking about it they probably wouldn't matter to you anyways now would they? 

The very same FBI that the Dems demand everyone listen to (or at least, a small cabal within the FBI) and believe every single accusation Muller has against Trump.... is that right?

OK maybe thats not fair to you but please do tell me why Trump and his sycophants who believe the FBI is working for the dems demand that the FBI view the server? Ya'll aren't taking the FBI's word on any other aspect of the investigation. Why would you take their word about the server?

Anyways yeah Trump lied about the server not being examined. It was examined by multiple government contractors. Thats the facts. 

Edited by Farmer77

8 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

A chimpanzee can do that, and it would accomplish as much.

But even a chimpanzee would ask: "Can you show me the complete stats for 2009-2017 please?"

So the White House released a transcript of the press conference and edited out the part where Putin said he preferred Trump. 

And this is when Trump Tweets that Putin probably wants the Dems to win this year because he has been the toughest President on Russia ever. Putin's b**** is the toughest on Russia ever :lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

So the White House released a transcript of the press conference and edited out the part where Putin said he preferred Trump. 

And this is when Trump Tweets that Putin probably wants the Dems to win this year because he has been the toughest President on Russia ever. Putin's b**** is the toughest on Russia ever :lol:

What's scary is you know someone will be on this site within the next day or so repeating Trump's absurd claim. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, toast said:

But even a chimpanzee would ask: "Can you show me the complete stats for 2009-2017 please?"

The chimpanzee would hear those statistics. He would be sad if he was an Obama fan.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

A short history of Russian interference.  I love seeing Mark go on a rant.

" The Dems have more positions on Russia than Stormy Daniels" :lol:

IMHO, this whole thing could have been answered by the White house with one sentence; "They were just talking about their Grandkids."

Heh heh heh... 

Obama knew about Russian interference in our elections and did nothing... which is the same thing that the Dems did about Syria, the Crimea and the Ukraine, just sanctions which Trump has expanded on.

The 24/7 HATE TRUMP routine is just noise, meant to divert us from other things that matter.

I think its time we had a few threads on those other things....

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Obama knew about Russian interference in our elections and did nothing

I feel for the Obama administration on that one. Would you have believed Obama if he had come out during the election and said Russia is helping Trump? Hell no you wouldn't have I wouldn't have either.  

They definitely could have played it differently but think about the historically awkward position they were placed in.

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I feel for the Obama administration on that one. Would you have believed Obama if he had come out during the election and said Russia is helping Trump?

Since Obama was such a liar, no, I would not have.

And as the evidence has never shown that they did, I would be right about that.

The reason for thinking so at the time would include that dirty deal that gave Russia control over Uranium mined in the USA. No deal of that magnitude or treachery has ever come to light regarding Trump.

If the Russians were cheating on anyone's behalf, it was for Hillary, their little Gold Mine.

Just now, AnchorSteam said:

If the Russians were cheating on anyone's behalf, it was for Hillary, their little Gold Mine.

Just completely detached from reality at this point huh?

Senate Intel panel: Russia tried to help Trump, hurt Clinton, in 2016 election

Lest you find solace in hiding in the left right paradigm: Who Are the Members of the Senate Intelligence Committee?

I mean im not surprised. The demagogue himself said it so I knew others would soon be parroting it. Comeon you're smarter than that.  

• Thanks 1

So, who are they? Rubio, the never-trumper, Wyden of the Keep Portland Weird variety, Ms. Feinstein who needs no introduction, Mark Warner... a fossilized hippie (I've met that one, you?) and Collins the RINO.

But what matters is the evidence, and they have NONE. Just rhetoric.

:sleepy:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

So, who are they? Rubio, the never-trumper, Wyden of the Keep Portland Weird variety, Ms. Feinstein who needs no introduction, Mark Warner... a fossilized hippie (I've met that one, you?) and Collins the RINO.

Ok Occam's razor time...honestly which makes the most sense?

so hundreds of men and women didnt want Trump elected so they started an investigation into him during the election with the help of multiple agencies from multiple nations....but didnt bother leaking that information during the election to ya know stop the thing you are convinced they conspired to stop. 

Those same hundreds of men and women are all breaking the law and conspiring to "take down Trump" and yet they haven't just framed him...seriously

That the Reagan appointee FISA judges are in on the conspiracy

That the people Trump appointed came in and didnt shut down the investigation, and have in fact furthered it along quite nicely, because they're "RINOs" or Deep State

Then the Senate intel committee looked at the evidence which was presented and agreed with the hundreds of men and women that Putin was helping Trump because they , from two different sides of the aisle who couldn't agree on whether the sky was blue, are also conspiring with those foreign nations and the hundreds of men and women. 

OR 

The people who work to keep our nation safe saw some things which concerned them and rightfully started an investigation. 

In this scenario Im not even saying Trump is guilty, just that there were clearly things worth looking into. 

So honestly which one is more likely? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

so hundreds of men and women didnt want Trump elected so they started an investigation into him during the election with the help of multiple agencies from multiple nations....but didnt bother leaking that information during the election to ya know stop the thing you are convinced they conspired to stop. 

Those same hundreds of men and women are all breaking the law and conspiring to "take down Trump" and yet they haven't just framed him...seriously

That the people Trump appointed came in and didnt shut down the investigation, and have in fact furthered it along quite nicely, because they're "RINOs" or Deep State

Then the Senate intel committee looked at the evidence which was presented and agreed with the hundreds of men and women that Putin was helping Trump because they , from two different sides of the aisle who couldn't agree on whether the sky was blue, are also conspiring with those foreign nations and the hundreds of men and women. 

OR 

The people who work to keep our nation safe saw some things which concerned them and rightfully started an investigation. 

In this scenario Im not even saying Trump is guilty, just that there were clearly things worth looking into. 

Either scenario is crazy.  

I was wondering, are you a 911 Truther?  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

OR 

OR

You take 8 years to build up an apparatus loyal to you by placing a few people into key places that can control (manipulate) the flow of information.  Weaponize it to thwart opponents.  At some point, it begins to operate on its own because now it is based in an ideology and not just loyal to you.

8 hours ago, F3SS said:

Either scenario is crazy.  

I was wondering, are you a 911 Truther?  

Kinda, not really anymore.

I was for sure at one point things in my professional life had me seeing conspiracies everywhere, now I definitely still dont fully buy the official story, but as time goes on ive also definitely come to dismiss the vast majority of the conspiracy theories involved. 

20 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Kinda, not really anymore.

I was for sure at one point things in my professional life had me seeing conspiracies everywhere, now I definitely still dont fully buy the official story, but as time goes on ive also definitely come to dismiss the vast majority of the conspiracy theories involved. 

I kind of thought you were at some point because I was thinking if you’d buy that conspiracy then why wouldn’t you buy into another that wouldn’t be nearly as deep and complicated.

I think the Democratic Party and the DNC were extremely corrupt and had a lot of loyalist. What Raven said above doesn’t seem so far fetched considering all we’ve seen.

6 hours ago, F3SS said:

I kind of thought you were at some point because I was thinking if you’d buy that conspiracy then why wouldn’t you buy into another that wouldn’t be nearly as deep and complicated.

Truthfully I dont deny that conspiracies happen, in fact I know that they do. In this case though with the way its being built there are just too many layers of oversight and too many hands in the pie. Now if they had rushed Trump to court the week he was inaugurated and held secret trials with secret evidence I would be much more suspect. 

That on top of Trumps quite well established lack of character and morality makes it really hard to believe conspiracy theories concocted to benefit the man under investigation. 

6 hours ago, F3SS said:

I think the Democratic Party and the DNC were extremely corrupt and had a lot of loyalist. What Raven said above doesn’t seem so far fetched considering all we’ve seen.

They were corrupt and they did have a lot of loyalists.  

Even that thought process has problems though:

So say we believe the entire DOJ is corrupt, they're democrat loyalists. Why didnt they announce the Russia investigation during the campaign to hurt Trump's chances of winning? 

Why didnt they just frame him and throw him in jail? Why would they put up with daily insults and harassment when they could just make him disappear in a flurry of fake evidence?

To wrap up that line of thought, why on earth if they wanted Hillary to win did they publicly announce the reopening of the email investigation when they did not have to?

So in order to believe the conspiracy theory we're being asked to believe that dozens or hundreds of college educated professionals are sacrificing their careers and their good names so they can remove a president through a process which is wholly out of their hands (impeachment) rather than throwing him in jail or leaking that he was tied to Russia during the campaign. AND we're also being asked to believe that the DOJ wanted Hillary to win so badly theyre willing to break the law, yet dropped a massive October surprise which hurt her. 

All of that for a man who will be gone in 4-8 years? I just dont buy it. 

Edited by Farmer77