Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
ExpandMyMind

Trump - Putin Press Conference

508 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Setton
38 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol,. if those states become countries they will turn socialists in no time, and we all know how good things are going in socialist countries, like Cuba, Venezuela....

The UK, France, Germany... 

By your definition of socialism anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, Setton said:

The UK, France, Germany... 

By your definition of socialism anyway. 

lets see, private property and private businesses are allowed in those countries, so no, they are not socialist by my definition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ExpandMyMind
8 minutes ago, aztek said:

lets see, private property and private businesses are allowed in those countries, so no, they are not socialist by my definition

Yeah, you don't know what socialism is. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah, you don't know what socialism is. 

it depends on what definition of IS is

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
18 minutes ago, aztek said:

lets see, private property and private businesses are allowed in those countries, so no, they are not socialist by my definition

Then you can be pretty sure those states wouldn't become socialist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

This thinking would then disqualify anyone outside of the government from criticizing or shining a light on wrong doings by those in power.

This sentiment only grew because conservatives realized they were losing a popularity contest. So, they created the myth that you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion if you're a famous actor or athlete. They do this in an attempt to brainwash people into ignoring those trying to point fingers at their ridiculousness and hypocrisy. But, the second anyone even marginally famous takes their side they get plastered all over every conservative function and television show you can find. 

 

no - I was making a point specifically about actors in that post - who's success depends on being believable characters in films -

it's better for them in a way if they maintain a 'blank page' type of persona outside of acting.. :) 
although as individuals they are entitled to their own opinions... of course..

For example I was astonished when Morgan Freeman made that insane video about being at war with Russia...
I didn't expect that kind of thing from him and it's affected the way I look at the characters he plays... 

and I loved him in the Shawshank Redemption :hmm:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
9 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

i hate generalising and no i don't think that Americans are any smarter or dumber than anyone else but did they vote for Trump or did they vote to keep Hillary outta office? 

My guess, and it's only that, is that more of his voters actually supported his plainspoken rhetoric than voted for him just to avoid HRC (as I did).  I think the man is a NYC style brawler and refuses to be politic in most situations and I think we desperately need that just now.  Obama was so slick he oozed.  He also hated this country, IMO.  Love or hate Trump, there's no doubt of his love of country - at least not among those who judge him on his actions, not the divisive rhetoric of the 5th column media.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, Setton said:

Then you can be pretty sure those states wouldn't become socialist. 

 

stranger things have happened, trump is a president.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
2 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

So, they created the myth that you shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion if you're a famous actor or athlete.

They can have any opinion they care to have.  WE can watch or refrain from watching their "art".  It's called freedom.  No harm, no foul.  Or as a friend of mine likes to say - "Dance, Monkey, Dance!"  :w00t:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
8 hours ago, jerry1234 said:

That said, It is quite astonishing what people all around the world, not just the USA are fabricateing in 2018: I really hope WW3 comes, because this would be better than what will come if this goes on. (Yes I have reached that point)


wow..... you hope for WW3 where there would be millions of deaths, not just of the soldiers + adult able bodied -
but children and the old and the sick - terrible suffering, families destroyed, homes destroyed, lives destroyed...

have you really thought this through..?

Thank god Trump and Putin aren't thinking like you and care about their countries (and Peace) or the world would be in very serious trouble...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk
40 minutes ago, Setton said:

The UK, France, Germany... 

By your definition of socialism anyway. 

I would agree they are as is all of Europe.  They are collectively known as Social Democracies (or Democratic Socialism).  It is the lowest level of Socialism but still Socialism and will in time get more restrictive.  It will take generations unless a pro-Socialist charismatic leader steps forward, perhaps uses the EU to take control.  8 years under Obama, we were drifting in that direction.  Trump is leading us back to safety.  That is why the Progressives, MSM, Deep State, Never Trumpers, etc. are so violent.  Socialism is a drug and people want their fix.  They want government to tell them what to do.  And that defeats the purpose of our Founding documents.  Well, Freedom is a drug too.  Not too many truly taste it.  You'd think that in a free country, it would be as common as air, but it isn't.  It is something unseen and must be constantly achieved before it is realized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 minute ago, RavenHawk said:

I would agree they are as is all of Europe.  They are collectively known as Social Democracies (or Democratic Socialism).  It is the lowest level of Socialism but still Socialism and will in time get more restrictive.  It will take generations unless a pro-Socialist charismatic leader steps forward, perhaps uses the EU to take control.  8 years under Obama, we were drifting in that direction.  Trump is leading us back to safety.  That is why the Progressives, MSM, Deep State, Never Trumpers, etc. are so violent.  Socialism is a drug and people want their fix.  They want government to tell them what to do.  And that defeats the purpose of our Founding documents.  Well, Freedom is a drug too.  Not too many truly taste it.  You'd think that in a free country, it would be as common as air, but it isn't.  It is something unseen and must be constantly achieved before it is realized.

 

Sure, sure :sleepy:

Like a broken record... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
21 minutes ago, aztek said:

stranger things have happened, trump is a president.

He isnt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
38 minutes ago, and then said:

My guess, and it's only that, is that more of his voters actually supported his plainspoken rhetoric than voted for him just to avoid HRC (as I did).  I think the man is a NYC style brawler and refuses to be politic in most situations and I think we desperately need that just now.  Obama was so slick he oozed.  He also hated this country, IMO.  Love or hate Trump, there's no doubt of his love of country - at least not among those who judge him on his actions, not the divisive rhetoric of the 5th column media.  

I found Trump's demeanor throughout the press conference to be a little unnerving. Where was big, bold Trump to tell it like it is? Where was the firm handshake, the stare down, etc? Trump acted meek and beta when responding to Putin or talking about Putin. It was very strange to see and Putin looked a little too comfortable. 

I don't want to believe that Putin has dirt on Trump but he has something because Trump can't bring himself to condemn the man. Ben Shapiro believes Trump's ego is the biggest hindrance as Trump refuses to believe he won with help from Russian trolls. If Trump won, it's because Trump is awesome - there can be no other reason. That is clouding his judgement and preventing him from seeing the reality of the situation

Spoiler

Russian trolls interfered in probably every election after the internet, as we interfere in theirs. Global espionage never died.

That conference was the first time I've seen Trump look noticeably weak. My working theory right now is that Putin did help Trump in some capacity and Trump knows it. His body language was very off for a big, powerful NY man. Lord knows what he felt sitting next to a killer like Putin.

Edit to add--

Trump also made a big boo-boo when he threw our own intelligence agencies under the bus. He fully agreed with Putin that Russia had nothing to do with this despite the intel coming in from his own people. That's not a good look...is Trump intimidated by Putin?

 

 

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
6 minutes ago, toast said:

He isnt.

 

I'm sorry have you been on a hermitage for nearly two years... :innocent:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
4 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I don't want to believe that Putin has dirt on Trump but he has something because Trump can't bring himself to condemn the man.

 

why should he condemn the man... ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
Just now, bee said:

I'm sorry have you been on a hermitage for nearly two years...

He holds the position, thats all. He is not a president and he will never be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
5 minutes ago, bee said:

 

why should he condemn the man... ?

 

He murders political opponents, invades Sovereign nations and he's a dictator. There's also a very good chance Putin unleashed Russian trolls to create division and dissent among Americans during the 2016 elections by releasing damaging information RE the DNC

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
1 minute ago, toast said:

He holds the position, thats all. He is not a president and he will never be.

 

:unsure2:

oooooookaaaaaay 

if it makes you happy and reduces the stress of cognitive dissonance to believe that....  :w00t:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

He murders political opponents, invades Sovereign nations and he's a dictator. There's also a very good chance Putin unleashed Russian trolls to create division and dissent among Americans during the 2016 elections by releasing damaging information RE the DNC

 

so easy to type the words.... so difficult to prove any of that.... just believing the oft repeated soundbites coming from
the MInd Control Media (and his political enemies) isn't proof.... 

Putin Derangement Syndrome... ?

 

 

Edited by bee
to add the words.... 'and his political enemies'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toast
8 minutes ago, bee said:

if it makes you happy and reduces the stress of cognitive dissonance to believe that....  :w00t:

What?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, toast said:

He isnt.

wh,gov says he is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
Just now, toast said:

What?

 

you heard - but to put it another way.... it makes you feel better about yourself to trash Trump at every opportunity -

* that was a free consultation and you may now get up from the psychologists couch* ^_^

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
Just now, bee said:

 

you heard - but to put it another way.... it makes you feel better about yourself to trash Trump at every opportunity -

* that was a free consultation and you may now get up from the psychologists couch* ^_^

 

 

 

That's not what cognitive dissonance is. 

I'm sure you're feeling very proud to have used some fancy science words but make sure you know what they mean first... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
Just now, Setton said:

That's not what cognitive dissonance is. 

I'm sure you're feeling very proud to have used some fancy science words but make sure you know what they mean first... 

yes I know.....

like I said....I was putting it another way - ...
the cognitive dissonance comes from the stress of knowing deep down you are ignoring all the good things
about the person you are demonizing... and going out of your way to convince yourself you are
right so everyone who disagrees must be wrong... or bad..... or deplorable.... etc etc  

something like that anyway :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.