Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WeWork going meat free

Michelle

WeWork is going meat-free and taking every one of its employees with it.

The startup cited environmental concerns in announcing its immediate company-wide ban on meat. In an email sent Thursday, WeWork cofounder Miguel McKelvey told his 6,000 or so employees the company will no longer serve meat at employee events or reimburse them for meals that include red meat, poultry and pork.

It's a bold move for the real estate behemoth believed to be worth $20 billion -- and the most assertive in a series of recent steps large companies have taken to promote sustainability.

cont...

https://money.cnn.com/2018/07/13/technology/wework-meat-ban/index.html

Talk about imposing your beliefs on other people. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Talk about imposing your beliefs on other people. 

Another reason these corporations need to crash and burn. :whistle:

• Like 1

Others have adopted more extreme measures. FAILED startup Juicero reportedly required employees to eat only at vegan restaurants while traveling if they wanted to be reimbursed. Employees at the smart drug startup Nootrobox engage in intermittent fasting each Tuesday.

Wonder why......

• Like 1

That so?

WeWork ... somewhere else now.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Seeing as this isn't about health care or Trump I don't see the relevance. Even though, the ACA forced both my husband and I to have maternity coverage. I have been unable to have children for 15 years and we weren't too happy with that either. Can't please all of the people all of the time.

As for WeWork, I would leave any company imposing their morals on me.

26 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I don't see the relevance

Just another astonishing example of companies forcing their personal morals on their employees.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

Just another astonishing example of companies forcing their personal morals on their employees.

A company is easy to leave. It's a bit more difficult to leave the country when the government does it.

• Like 2