Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How do i get intouch with my deceased cat

'Walt' E. Kurtz

My much beloved cat passed on this friday the 13th and i would love to get intouch with him ask him so many things. I have no knowledge of how to do this  and to make sure i dont connect with something negative I  have asked my spiritguides connect with him and to pass on his messages to me while asleep. But so far there has been no answer

Edited by Avalanche
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Even if life after death was a reasonable idea, the cat has no language, so it cannot communicate. Anyone who says otherwise is exploiting you.

Edited by sci-nerd
  • Like 4

Hello Avalanche, welcome to UM.

I'm afraid I find it very hard to take you seriously. "Ask him so many things" ..... what did you used to ask him when he was alive? Did he give you sensible answers? (I can't believe I asked that!). If he didn't, why do you think he will now he's dead? He didn't/doesn't have the capacity to come up with answers to any questions you may ask him, never mind answer them. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

Hello Avalanche, welcome to UM.

I'm afraid I find it very hard to take you seriously. "Ask him so many things" ..... what did you used to ask him when he was alive? Did he give you sensible answers? (I can't believe I asked that!). If he didn't, why do you think he will now he's dead? He didn't/doesn't have the capacity to come up with answers to any questions you may ask him, never mind answer them. 

Yeah well he said meow , meow, chirp. ;-) I would like to ask him if he was in much pain before he passed. I do understand why you find it hard to take me seriously its like being religious some believe in god some dont and if this can help me to over come my greif and despair then fine, knowing  what you said is most likely the truth. The mind is a terrible thing to taste. 

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1

I'm sorry you miss your cat. But you're not going to communicate with it's 'spirit', it's gone. Just enjoy the memory of the time you two had together.

• Like 1

I think your cat in your memory is still a close and loving relationship. Even though your cat is gone, you keep it alive in your heart. I think this is the best way to be in touch. I think if your cat could communicate with you, it would want you not to grieve, but to remember it as you and it were. 

Take some solace in that it was happy with you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, StarMountainKid said:

I think your cat in your memory is still a close and loving relationship. Even though your cat is gone, you keep it alive in your heart. I think this is the best way to be in touch. I think if your cat could communicate with you, it would want you not to grieve, but to remember it as you and it were. 

Take some solace in that it was happy with you. 

Thanks yes and he will always be treasured deep in my heart. I just realized i sounded like a crazy old cat woman in my post im not im a guy and ehum yes crazy bat **** crazy ;-)

Edited by Avalanche

Being crazy is not a problem at UM ;)   Being overbearing and hateful can be :w00t:  Welcome to UM, Avalanche!  I'm truly sorry for the loss of your friend :( 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sci-nerd said:

Even if life after death was a reasonable idea, the cat has no language, so it cannot communicate. Anyone who says otherwise is exploiting you.

Someone here claims their cat can speak English through their space heater.

5 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Someone here claims their cat can speak English through their space heater.

can't they ;-) my cat likes when i speak to him in english.

Edited by Avalanche
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Ozfactor said:

I thought this might cheer you up x

37171427_1744971608943693_6621074265858899968_n.jpg

OMG! Every one of those quotes applies to me! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

OMG! Every one of those quotes applies to me! :lol:

you hate what others consider fun reminds me of grumpy cat :-) 

12 hours ago, Avalanche said:

I would like to ask him if he was in much pain before he passed.

You can learn to get out of the body and go to the level where the dead animals live. True, a person is not allowed to enter there but in exceptional cases they are allowed to go there for a short time. There live animals between incarnations on the earth.
Before the death of all hard but once the cat has died then it is not worth burdening it with earthly memories of death. Dead would like the living to leave positive memories about them and not suffer morally because of them.

3 hours ago, Coil said:

You can learn to get out of the body and go to the level where the dead animals live. True, a person is not allowed to enter there but in exceptional cases they are allowed to go there for a short time. There live animals between incarnations on the earth.
Before the death of all hard but once the cat has died then it is not worth burdening it with earthly memories of death. Dead would like the living to leave positive memories about them and not suffer morally because of them.

Thank you. 

• 2 weeks later...

He wasn't called Mr King, or something similar, by any chance, was he? 

Your post expresses a wonderful human need and desire, generated by your own compassion and awareness.  You will find your own closure and peace,  which might come in the form of dreams or memories, or even a moment of enlightenment about yourself, and the relationship between you and your cat,  and just why he meant so much to you We have 3 dogs and a cat and are  also currently caring for a young female tortoise shell.

it loves sleeping and lying right in front of my computer screen (or that of my wife's)   I often come in and find new pages opened up on the computer as  it walks on the key board 

So far mostly advertisements and some  news sites  if it starts opening up pages on cat food, i will have to have a serious think about its abilities.  

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

I actually feel quite embarrssed over my post. When you are trying to cope with death and grieve its hard to be rational and to stright, especially when you lose someone close and in the way like i did. I think his passing was a little unworthy but he will always be remembered I will always love you Timber https://www.deviantart.com/impedancer/art/Sv100474-379573335

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

I actually feel quite embarrssed over my post. When you are trying to cope with death and grieve its hard to be rational and to stright, especially when you lose someone close and in the way like i did. I think his passing was a little unworthy but he will always be remembered I will always love you Timber https://www.deviantart.com/impedancer/art/Sv100474-379573335

What a beautiful Cat :wub:

• Like 2

There's absolutely no need to feel embarrassed; anyone who loves animals and has lost a dear pet understands.

edit to say: I just looked at the photo of him .... he has some presence about him! I almost want to take back my comment that he is unable to answer questions ..... he looks as if he could! :lol: (But just for the moment is choosing not too!).

Edited by ouija ouija
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Avalanche said:

Every one who has loved a pet can relate to what you are going through xx

• Like 2