Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Global warming

docyabut2

16 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

What is your opinion on the article ?

something something science bad something something jesus

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

something something science bad something something jesus

The thing is I'm not sure Docyabut2 have actually read the article. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The thing is I'm not sure Docyabut2 have actually read the article. 

Oh, i can guarantee they haven't.

Its what I always suggested that the warming of the cord, could cause a lot of earth problems

11 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:
Its what I always suggested that the warming of the cord, could cause a lot of earth problems

I will asume you mean core ?

From the article:

Submarine volcanoes are causing global warming? This isn’t possible, since the total heat flow coming from the interior of the earth is much too small to cause significant warming. Where did Pearson get his “alternative explanation” from? The only source I could find was the same “Iceagenow” web site that David Bellamy got his false statistics about glaciers from. As George Monbiot put it:

Iceagenow was constructed by a man called Robert W Felix to promote his self-published book about “the coming ice age”. It claims that sea levels are falling, not rising; that the Asian tsunami was caused by the “ice age cycle”; and that “underwater volcanic activity – not human activity – is heating the seas”.

Is Felix a climatologist, a volcanologist or an oceanographer? Er, none of the above. His biography describes him as a “former architect”. His website is so bonkers that I thought at first it was a spoof. Sadly, he appears to believe what he says.

You just confirmed my suspicion that you didn't actually read the article. Alternatively you did read it but failed to understand what it was a about. 

Edit: Why do you still write all your posts in quotes ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Try reading the article you linked....

Sure, the core loses a lot of heat. However, funnily enough, it loses that through the mantle, directly above it. The mantle convects that heat upwards (as demanded by SCIENCE...) and the mantle has a convective overturn on the order of 200 million years. Yes. Million with an "m". That means...for those keeping track at home, that those pesky dinosaurs, right after ascending their throne after the Triassic-Jurassic extinction event, messed with Earth's core in order to screw us over.

Never trust a dinosaur.

13 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

This blog entry is 13 years old, it was published in 2005.

If you wish to discuss this topic you're best to find something more recently published as your source - Closed

• The topic was locked