Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Self Healing

-Nuke-

Ok so has anyone ever talked to their bones or atleast talked them selves out of pain? 

Here's my experiences...

I've never been hurt playing sports where I couldn't keep playing. (broken bones, acl, mcl, hamstring, muscle injuries) 

When I was young I was in my pool swimming and I pencil dived and my ankle went sideways so I jumped up and down and it fixed itself. This happened about every 5 years after that. (No talking) 

Last year I told every one on my soft ball team that they shouldn't be dropping out of the games for the minimal I juries sustained. Later on I was cutting from 3rd to home and was about to get tagged out, so I jumped. My leg landed on home straight up and down, my ankle did that thingy that always happens and everyone seen it, it was kind of grosse, but it always fixed itself, but the crazy part was my knee, everyone said they seen it bend the wrong way and pop. and it did hurt really bad for like 30 seconds but I said yo ********** you ain't no b**** this **** ain't ****, you can't drop out after telling these ****** u don't get hurt and heal urself. (In my head of course) boom after the 30seconds I was good to go, ankle back in place (guess it's just messed up) and knee no longer hurt and I had my speed back to 100%. Now I'm not too crazy where I'm saying you can heal viral or bacterial or genetic diseases, pain, ect, but physical pain I feel there is some sort of trick to not feel it (either masking it mentally, or actually healing it) anyone know anything on this?

39 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

The only time my boss swears is when he hurts himself. When something goes wrong with the tractors or big saw he just says "Ohhhh   kaaayyy"  

• Haha 1

"Thanks to a cognitive distortion known as catastrophizing. When we catastrophize we leap to the conclusion that the bad thing that is currently happening is the absolute worst thing"

ha, cognitive distortions, also include stuff like assuming, mind reading, ECT also they might include defense mechanisms in some way 

Sort of like true motive 

If I believe aliens are real and want to force my opinion you, i may distort or exaggerate the truth to make it more believable. And don't realize I'm doing it. And ultimately have my:

#persuitofhappiness

2 hours ago, Browng0at said:

Talking myself out of suicide just trying to find my light at the end of my tunel

You have a lot to live for and look forward to. Things can always get better so please keep your head up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I take a different path when it comes to dealing with pain. I've had bacterial meningitis which gives me spinal headaches to this day and fibromyalgia. On the the bad days that I have I just take the negative association to pain and turn it into pleasure. Basically learning to love the pain, embrace it, and push forward.