Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

New geological era named the Meghalayan Age

24 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

 
seanjo

The Mega-laying period for me was my 30's and 40's!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GiganticManchild

I wonder if this era was named after a "Meghan"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnoferox

I love how the ICS just said "nope" to all those Anthropocene supporters.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Socks Junior
36 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

I love how the ICS just said "nope" to all those Anthropocene supporters.

I only ever use "Anthropocene" sarcastically while out in the field.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almighty Evan

Back before the Democrats' god declared, "We are no longer a Christian nation," this would have been considered the Postdiluvian Age.

Everything 2009 - 2017 became politicized. We even wanted government in our bedrooms then. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Almighty Evan said:

Back before the Democrats' god declared, "We are no longer a Christian nation,".

 

Naw......I'm not saying anything..........

10391379_1509199705996680_2328703153064872122_n.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hammerclaw
6 minutes ago, Piney said:

Naw......I'm not saying anything..........

10391379_1509199705996680_2328703153064872122_n.jpg

Unless you spell moron with two Ms.....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

Unless you spell moron with two Ms.....

:lol::lol::tu:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almighty Evan
2 hours ago, Piney said:

Naw......I'm not saying anything..........

10391379_1509199705996680_2328703153064872122_n.jpg

... and when the Clovis people were extant, the "Native" Americans' deities did not exist in America, and so forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
2 hours ago, Almighty Evan said:

... and when the Clovis people were extant, the "Native" Americans' deities did not exist in America, and so forth.

My ancestors were the Clovis People ......:rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anzick-1

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/02/native-americans-descend-ancient-montana-boy

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
5 hours ago, Piney said:

Naw......I'm not saying anything..........

10391379_1509199705996680_2328703153064872122_n.jpg

Looks like my still living grandpa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnoferox
10 hours ago, Socks Junior said:

I only ever use "Anthropocene" sarcastically while out in the field.

Same here; it's practically a running joke.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnoferox
8 hours ago, Almighty Evan said:

Back before the Democrats' god declared, "We are no longer a Christian nation," this would have been considered the Postdiluvian Age.

Sounds like someone's a creationist. :rolleyes:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
11 minutes ago, Carnoferox said:

Sounds like someone's a creationist. :rolleyes:

:lol:   Missed that! 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almighty Evan
1 hour ago, Carnoferox said:

Sounds like someone's a creationist. :rolleyes:

Yes, haha, apply a label first, rather than recognize that at an earlier time when many now were not yet alive, America was MORE of a Christian nation THEN than now, which is what my post supported,

But, as also I stated, since EVERYTHING has been politicized, I completely understand.

Thank you for allowing me to state my position more clearly.

Have a nice day! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
7 hours ago, Almighty Evan said:

 America was MORE of a Christian nation THEN than now, which is what my post supported,

Our "Higher Power" is the same as the Siberian ( Tengri) and Chinese one (Tian). Kiitaaniituuwit  "The Living Universe" who is neither good nor evil but "Balance".  You do not worship the "Living Universe" because you are part of it and that would be "self worship" and like the Chinese and Siberians we believe we are not the center of the Universe, just part of it and nothing special. 

That is nothing like the Christian "God".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Carnoferox
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Almighty Evan said:

Yes, haha, apply a label first, rather than recognize that at an earlier time when many now were not yet alive, America was MORE of a Christian nation THEN than now, which is what my post supported,

But, as also I stated, since EVERYTHING has been politicized, I completely understand.

Thank you for allowing me to state my position more clearly.

Have a nice day! :)

Well that doesn't have much to do with the current geological age, unless you believe it should be called Postdiluvian instead of Meghalayan.

Edited by Carnoferox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bavarian Raven
18 hours ago, Almighty Evan said:

... and when the Clovis people were extant, the "Native" Americans' deities did not exist in America, and so forth.

And before the Clovis people, there was probably yet another set of beliefs. But life goes on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Socks Junior
14 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

Same here; it's practically a running joke.

I am inordinately excited now to point out Meghalayan sediments when passing litter on the side of the road. Or when seeing a rusty tin can in the desert. So many opportunities.

1 hour ago, Carnoferox said:

Well that doesn't have much to do with the current geological age, unless you believe it should be called Postdiluvian instead of Meghalayan.

There is also the fun of talking about how unexpected it is that the Great Flood arranged all the rocks in ways that can readily be explained by other means. Ah, sarcasm is low-hanging fruit, but it's also satisfying in some ways.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Almighty Evan
1 hour ago, Carnoferox said:

Well that doesn't have much to do with the current geological age, unless you believe it should be called Postdiluvian instead of Meghalayan.

Whatever. I don't care what it's called, and won't be baited. Have a nice day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Socks Junior

@Piney, you did some fieldwork related to the "Great Flood", right? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
15 minutes ago, Socks Junior said:

@Piney, you did some fieldwork related to the "Great Flood", right? 

Which one? There were many in North America. :tu:  I helped track Lake Hudson. 

:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
7 minutes ago, Piney said:

Which one? There were many in North America. :tu:  I helped track Lake Hudson. 

:lol:

Sorry, Lake Albany too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.